Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Default Congrats to Brian Kelly!

Look we have been very tough on BK in this forum...some of us more so then others...,

But Brian seems to have very good control of the program right now...a lot of the game day tactics and time usages have been delegated....lots of the play calling has been delegated,,,,he has made some good moves on his coordinators that have MADE UP FOR THE BVG debacle....his recruiting has been good...see the defensive depth the 3 star QB etc....

SECOND UNDEFEATED REGULAR SEASON AT ND....

There is no question anywhere regarding is ND relevant or...is ND TOO SLOW...

BK has shut that thinking down over the last several years...

We are going to the playoffs....win or lose we really needed to get there to be among the elite n CFB....

Kelly has delivered much of what we hoped for, not all.....not 11 wins every season...NO national title (yet),,,,

But nonetheless this program was the TITANIC not that many years ago....

And now NOT!!

Kelly needs a NC to cement his legacy as a strong one,,,,,it would be great if we could go grab that this year...

In any case CONGRATS TO COACH KELLY AND STAFF for the really hard to do UNDEFEATED SEASON !!

aloha

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

I like that Kelly has been making second half adjustments this season. We saw it in several games this year, including USC. That is something that seemingly did not happen in the past in a manner one would expect.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Have to give credit where it’s due, Brian Kelly has done an outstanding job since the 2016 debacle of a season. Just think of where we were as a program after the last game of the season against USC in 2016. So many question marks at the time, even the question of if we wanted BK in South Bend in 2017. For a coach to totally change his philosophy after doing this as long as Kelly has been doing it is pretty damn remarkable. Also more importantly the hires he made for his coordinators, Elko and Long, along with the S&C hire of Balis, were three home run hires. Just an amazing turnaround in all aspects of the program.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Domer Domain All American

Great post Hawaii!! He's done an awesome job this year! The changes he's made since the 2016 season have been remarkable.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Good job big guy. Great hires and great job done. Let’s finish it!
Old 11-25-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post
Look we have been very tough on BK in this forum...some of us more so then others...,

But Brian seems to have very good control of the program right now...a lot of the game day tactics and time usages have been delegated....lots of the play calling has been delegated,,,,he has made some good moves on his coordinators that have MADE UP FOR THE BVG debacle....his recruiting has been good...see the defensive depth the 3 star QB etc....

We are going to the playoffs....win or lose we really needed to get there to be among the elite n CFB....

Kelly has delivered much of what we hoped for, not all.....not 11 wins every season...NO national title (yet),,,,

And now NOT!!

Kelly needs a NC to cement his legacy as a strong one,,,,,it would be great if we could go grab that this year...

In any case CONGRATS TO COACH KELLY AND STAFF for the really hard to do UNDEFEATED SEASON !!

aloha
I think Kelly deserves Home Depot Coach of the Year. I think Clark Lea should win the Broyles Award(or Long)

This one was sweeter because of the struggle. Validated Jack Swarbrick's faith in Kelly even when I lost some.

I'm a happy guy!

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 11-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to JTennant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_nd88 View Post
I like that Kelly has been making second half adjustments this season. We saw it in several games this year, including USC. That is something that seemingly did not happen in the past in a manner one would expect.
I was yelling to drop 8 and buzz the flat after the first possession.. Was scary they waited so long.

We need quicker adjustments on offense also. Book isn't very tall and has a tough time seeing the field when the pocket gets pushed in his face.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:43 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post

And now NOT!!

aloha
Absolutely right. Hawaii. He should be the leading candidate for Coach of the Year
Old 11-25-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_nd88 View Post
Last night, I remember thinking that i was glad we were on our heels going into the half because I knew we’d make adjustments and figured USC would be less likely to make adjustments since they were having success and we didn’t really change much in the first half. Without seeing how we were going to adjust, they wouldn’t have halftime to prepare. Paid off...
Old 11-26-2018, 01:20 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Notre Dame seasons to start 12-0:

1989 finished 12-1 but the 12th was the Cotton Bowl over Texas A&M.
That is the entire list.

Brain Kelly is responsible for 67% of them.

That is not nothing...of course, another way to look at it is that the 2012 season was 0-0 and Kelly owns 1/2 of the 12-0 starts in school history.

Either way, he resurrected the program from th 4-8 ash heap and may get a second bite at the Alabama apple to boot. The program has been part of the national conversation in 4 of the past 5 years for good things and was roundly mocked for rock bottom in 2016. We're as close to all the way back as we've been in 25 years (93 was a hosing)...

I was wrong to call for his firing, but another asspounding by Bama will sour my contrition considerably...
Old 11-26-2018, 01:49 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostache View Post
Notre Dame seasons to start 12-0:

1989 finished 12-1 but the 12th was the Cotton Bowl over Texas A&M.
That is the entire list.

Brain Kelly is responsible for 67% of them.

That is not nothing...of course, another way to look at it is that the 2012 season was 0-0 and Kelly owns 1/2 of the 12-0 starts in school history.

Either way, he resurrected the program from th 4-8 ash heap and may get a second bite at the Alabama apple to boot. The program has been part of the national conversation in 4 of the past 5 years for good things and was roundly mocked for rock bottom in 2016. We're as close to all the way back as we've been in 25 years (93 was a hosing)...

I was wrong to call for his firing, but another asspounding by Bama will sour my contrition considerably...
I hopped on the fire BK bandwagon after the 4-8 year as well. Honestly though that coach deserved to be fired. He had completely lost the team. He’s a new coach now. That season seemed to have humbled him enough to take a step back and reevaluate everything he’s doing with the program. Credit him for that. I believe the program is stable enough now that even in a down year we’ll win 9-10 games.