Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 03-21-2020, 05:45 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default Opportunity

I am for sure done with this Cesspool of a board and many will not listen. However, I told y’all years ago that Republican presidents always bring recessions, this is proven through time as they are reactionary versus proactive. I want to bring hope to the good people still here. Thus leading to situations like the stock market crash in 2006-2008 and the Reagan/ Bush recessions. Anyways, we are in another blunder by the republicans, however there is hope. Many may not listen to me, however history shows dating back to 1962 that as soon as a democrat takes office it is time to buy.. buy.. buy.. my advice hold your money and Biden wins , buy all the etfs and blue chips you can. These are unprecedented times, but in every catastrophic event, the market shows that the money is made when Dems take office. When they lose sell your **** at year 3 of repub reign. To sum up, if Biden wins buy!

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 03-21-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-21-2020, 05:32 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
I am for sure done with this Cesspool of a board and many will not listen. However, I told yíall years ago that Republican presidents always bring recessions, this is proven through time as they are reactionary versus proactive. I want to bring hope to the good people still here. Thus leading to situations like the stock market crash in 2006-2008 and the Reagan/ Bush recessions. Anyways, we are in another blunder by the republicans, however there is hope. Many may not listen to me, however history shows dating back to 1962 that as soon as a democrat takes office it is time to buy.. buy.. buy.. my advice hold your money and Biden wins , buy all the etfs and blue chips you can. These are unprecedented times, but in every catastrophic event, the market shows that the money is made when Dems take office. When they lose sell your **** at year 3 of repub reign. To sum up, if Biden wins buy!
This is ignorant...the crash of 2006/2008 was directly correlated to Clinton. Coronavirus is an outlier, otherwise, Trump was crushing it. Obama had his foot on the brake with the US economy. Fortunately, Trump knew what to do... And, one more thing, recessio s are natural as industries become bloated...it just happens, so itís not always a Presidentís fault... But, Iím sure youíre an economist...
Old 03-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
This is ignorant...the crash of 2006/2008 was directly correlated to Clinton. Coronavirus is an outlier, otherwise, Trump was crushing it. Obama had his foot on the brake with the US economy. Fortunately, Trump knew what to do... And, one more thing, recessio s are natural as industries become bloated...it just happens, so it’s not always a President’s fault... But, I’m sure you’re an economist...
But clinton left in 2001, surely there was someone in office after him. Someone in office between 2001 and 2008 who would have some culpability...

If only that same president controlled both houses of congress starting in 2003, sure could have gotten some stuff done, or changed course if they thought clinton's policy's were wrong...

... but yeah, lets blame the guy from 7 years earlier

Last edited by Synoptico; 03-21-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
I am for sure done with this Cesspool of a board and many will not listen. However, I told yíall years ago that Republican presidents always bring recessions, this is proven through time as they are reactionary versus proactive. I want to bring hope to the good people still here. Thus leading to situations like the stock market crash in 2006-2008 and the Reagan/ Bush recessions. Anyways, we are in another blunder by the republicans, however there is hope. Many may not listen to me, however history shows dating back to 1962 that as soon as a democrat takes office it is time to buy.. buy.. buy.. my advice hold your money and Biden wins , buy all the etfs and blue chips you can. These are unprecedented times, but in every catastrophic event, the market shows that the money is made when Dems take office. When they lose sell your **** at year 3 of repub reign. To sum up, if Biden wins buy!
So is your argument that a Democratic President would have stopped the virus (which by the way, there are 41 other countries with greater infection rates than the US) and prevented a global recession?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:47 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
This is ignorant...the crash of 2006/2008 was directly correlated to Clinton. Coronavirus is an outlier, otherwise, Trump was crushing it. Obama had his foot on the brake with the US economy. Fortunately, Trump knew what to do... And, one more thing, recessio s are natural as industries become bloated...it just happens, so itís not always a Presidentís fault... But, Iím sure youíre an economist...
Well stated. Exactly 100 percent correct!
Old 03-23-2020, 05:27 AM

Well, it's official, you are a far leftist.

Trump's economy was crushing it and it was only stopped by a worldwide pandemic of the glorified flu. Seriously, what a waste of thought to be blaming the current economy on Trump. You really need to open your mind other than watching CNN and MSNBC (Before you reply, no, I dont watch FOX). I am an independent... you know, someone who thinks for themselves instead of being a blind follower to a particular party. Maybe you should think about that a little bit.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
Well, it's official, you are a far leftist.

Trump's economy was crushing it and it was only stopped by a worldwide pandemic of the glorified flu. Seriously, what a waste of thought to be blaming the current economy on Trump. You really need to open your mind other than watching CNN and MSNBC (Before you reply, no, I dont watch FOX). I am an independent... you know, someone who thinks for themselves instead of being a blind follower to a particular party. Maybe you should think about that a little bit.
I tried to help you when you were a 20 something who got his heart broke. All you do now is reply to me to harass me. You constantly name drop me and label me. You say I am the sole reason you make your life decisions. “It’s people like” “jim2dokes said this.. I am voting for Trump”. No one cares who you vote for or why. Please leave me alone. I tried to not respond to your posts in hopes you would stop as well, but you continue. I am not your maker, I do t make your decisions, and I don’t care about your decisions. So leave me alone Stan.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I tried to help you when you were a 20 something who got his heart broke. All you do now is reply to me to harass me. You constantly name drop me and label me. You say I am the sole reason you make your life decisions. ďItís people likeĒ ďjim2dokes said this.. I am voting for TrumpĒ. No one cares who you vote for or why. Please leave me alone. I tried to not respond to your posts in hopes you would stop as well, but you continue. I am not your maker, I do t make your decisions, and I donít care about your decisions. So leave me alone Stan.
The typical liberal emotional plea...no substance or logic...much like the dissents of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor...No logic. No law. All emotion. Look, if you want the economy to truly tank, elect Biden and Democrats after this virus, since they'll tax the sh** out of us, hamstringing the economy and starving Americans. If you want the economy to explode again, implementing the economic lessons of Laissez Faire we learned during time of the original thirteen colonies, then re-elect Trump. My fear is this country will be retarded and think Democrats can help, when they'll just kill us. Hell, look at the bs they keep trying to cram into the coronavirus bill that has NOTHING to do with bailing us out right now... That party is worthless.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
All you do now is reply to me to harass me.
Ah yes, play the victim card when someone calls out your opinion. This is a forum, you know, where people reply and discuss things... including different opinions about serious topics.

Quote:
You constantly name drop me and label me.
True, but I am curious, have I labeled you anything you would disagree with? lol

Quote:
You say I am the sole reason you make your life decisions. “It’s people like” “jim2dokes said this.. I am voting for Trump”.
This sums up your thought process. Saying you are the "sole reason" then literally contradicting yourself in the next sentence. You just over simplified my point to make it about you instead of understanding why I said what I said.

People who literally try to politicize a global pandemic to attack the president, the democratic senators trying to include stupid diversity BS, registration and voting legislation, and green new deal tax breaks in a pandemic aid bill... Maybe instead of focusing on yourself and taking it as a personal attack, try to understand why someone who has voted democrat almost his entire adult life is now voting for someone like Trump.

Quote:
No one cares who you vote for or why. Please leave me alone. I tried to not respond to your posts in hopes you would stop as well, but you continue. I am not your maker, I do t make your decisions, and I don’t care about your decisions. So leave me alone Stan.
but you and a few others (mostly on the other thread) do care about how we vote because that is how you decide whether our opinions are of value or not... Nice try Karen (what is the male equivalent of Karen anyway? Kyle?).

Last edited by NDhoosier; 03-25-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

I like civil discourse, but this thread has taken a turn that is a little toooo personal.
May be time to move on? Close the thread?
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I like civil discourse, but this thread has taken a turn that is a little toooo personal.
May be time to move on? Close the thread?
No way... closing threads is ridiculous.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:44 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
No way... closing threads is ridiculous.
Can we at least contain it to one thread. It is the same crap in every, though limited, thread.

I swear, some of you all just like to argue... take a break.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
Can we at least contain it to one thread. It is the same crap in every, though limited, thread.

I swear, some of you all just like to argue... take a break.
If nobody responds, it's not an argument. We can reclassify it as a monologue. Problem solved!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:09 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

What a c**ty thing to post. It doesn't surprise me the least bit that the Left is getting some type of sick pleasure out of seeing the Economy tank.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:56 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Weíre a cesspool?