Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default Lynch chatter?

OK...don't shoot the messenger here, but there is a growing rumor that the Lynch deal might not be completely settled. Some think he might be regretting his decision. All that I know is that one well placed source says there is a chance and has been acting awfully funny. Don't kill me too bad. Just a rumor.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenG View Post
OK...don't shoot the messenger here, but there is a growing rumor that the Lynch deal might not be completely settled. Some think he might be regretting his decision. All that I know is that one well placed source says there is a chance and has been acting awfully funny. Don't kill me too bad. Just a rumor.
At this point, it's better for all if he leaves.

Yes, it sucks from a purely on-the-field perspective. But rumors of unhappiness popped up almost immediately after he enrolled. I'm over it and don't want to go through the drama any longer.

I'm trying to think of a comparison: Milton Bradley, a young Ron Artest, Terrell Owens. None of them are perfect, maybe a bit of all of them.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Only a matter of time until the rumors surfaced, once it was stated he would stay in school until the semester ended. Regardless of the outcome, it would be very difficult to unring that bell. But it's all in play until he gets his release. Not gonna get invested either way.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
What is the source of the rumor? Don't care how preposterous it may sound.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Haha I would take Lynch back in a heartbeat. But I am an unabashed Aaron Lynch fan and a fan of what he can do for the pass rush.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

I tell you this...

When I saw the stuff of the game coming up in Ireland, I was thinking that within college football, that is something very special. Do I go to USF or do I open myself up to the world. Football in Ireland...just think about it.

ND will play at Soldier Field.

Sitting back, Lynch is going to miss a lot, today and tomorrow. ND opens doors that USF never will.

Last edited by Domer Dude; 04-18-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Domer Domain Junior

And here we go.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 AM

I'd let him back but he would have to repent to the coach and the team. I think Skip Holtz would be a great guy to play for too. I just wouldn't want to sit out a year and lose the edge.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

It makes no sense for him to leave unless he has been assured he will not lose a year of eligibility, otherwise he will have to waite another year to become a millionaire. Does not make much sense.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

I have been wondering how he would deal with seeing the guys going to practice while he is still on campus finishing up his semester.

Could it have anything to do with being blocked from a potential school that he was interested in attending?

I am not sure it is best for the team to take him back but I cannot deny that I would love to see him lining up on the D-line this fall.

FUSC
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

For what it's worth, I did see Lynch walking around campus with bball EE Eric Katenda today. Aaron was wearing an issued-gear NDFB hoodie. Not saying it means anything really, but I did think it was a little odd, enough to mention it to a friend (who, I must say, is rather Colin-like and immediately ridiculed me for reading too much into it).
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 AM

Let's hope this ship turns back around and heads for port. Mentally, we have already sunk on the Titanic. I'd still let him come back. I'm sure he's still recovering from surgery though.he had to have his mom's foot surgically removed from his butt.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

I hate to say it but I think he's a bit immature and that's even for 18 or 19. He gets a bit homesick and can't wait 2 more days to see Mama Lynch during Easter break and then when he comes back, he cannot wait 3 more weeks for Summer break to make this absolutely HUGE decision?

This kid needs Mama AND fiance to move to South Bend, do his thing for the next 2 years and go make his millions. God forbid he ends up in Green Bay or Chicago or even worse, injured! He was taken out of at least one game last year for getting his bell rung (or something). IT CAN HAPPEN!

I am of the feeling that I don't care either way. Just DO NOT be a cancer in the locker room! Love "Lynch the football player" though.

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old 04-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIrish99 View Post
What is the source of the rumor? Don't care how preposterous it may sound.
Right now, Pete Sampson. He thinks its a very small chance...but he said that people in the program are a little more optimistic. Im not sure whats going on...but maybe its one of those deals where you didnt know what you had until it was taken away.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

GoldenG---

All i can say after reading this thread is

" KILL THE MESSENGER "__

aloha's--
Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Domer Domain Junior

I have no clue what to make of this... I would welcome him back with open arms(as long as he is all in)... Slim chance it happens IMO but you never know.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Here's where I stand on this, if this does happen and he wants to change his mind and come back to play for us I'll welcome him back no problem but this kid has to get his priorities together and make up his mind and accept the fact that life is full of transitions and they're not always going to be what you want them to be. I get that he's only 19 and we've all had issues of our own when we were that age so I can sympathize with him but this kid is a walking soap opera and its not good for the team and its not good press for Notre Dame in general. I get it he's homesick and misses Florida, his fiance, etc and its quite a change but in a nice way quit complaining and just do the work!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

A few questions buzzing in my head , if he wanted to return

1. Does the team want him back?
2. Does he go on a Kelly good behavior program like Floyd?
3. If he fails the good behavior program, then what ?

I think Aaron can learn from his rashness, but there has to be some serious tough love.

What's that Rockne quote about taking the best 11 team players? That's what it seems Aaron needs to learn / understand
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM

[quote=1qa;417649]A few questions buzzing in my head , if he wanted to return

1. Does the team want him back?
2. Does he go on a Kelly good behavior program like Floyd?
3. If he fails the good behavior program, then what ?

I think Aaron can learn from his rashness, but there has to be some serious tough love.

I have been waiting for this rumor since he left. I'd be for him coming back, then again, I don't get caught up with teenage boys and their career decisions. Too fickel. I mean these boys are close to their sexual peak, crazy hormones, being told what you should do when you have no clue, becoming a man etc...The adolescent brain doesn't mature till 25.(National Geographic, Science World, can't remember the read). Why should we expect them to know anything. That's why I don't get bent over Tee, Deontay, Darby, etc...Roll with the punches. Now to answer your questions...

1. I think that is the most valid question and it will be up to the team to decide if he comes back or not. It really doesn't matter what WE think. I bet they would take him back. An apology, some stadium steps, maybe the fight song on the table should be suffient. WE all make mistakes.

2. Kelly will probably give him an ultimatum if it comes to this. You come back, but you'll have to earn it and you have to be certain you want it. Take your time and decide, I don't want an answer from you till the first day of fall practice....Something to that nature.

3. If he fails...meh, he wasn't going to be on the team this year anyways. You get him for a 3 games and it doesn't work out, so be it. I'm sure he would be on somewhat of a close watch.

Honestly, sometimes people just need to recharge the batteries. Completely get away, even if football is the best thing that you do. I'm sure missing practice and the guys(which is what most sports is about) has probably caused him some inner conflict. I'm not sure where he is, but I will not put much more thought than what I just put on this thread.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

This whole thing is crazy, naturally you let him back on the team. Afterall, most fans have been begging for a player like him for a long time. He's a kid who has been really mixed up for a while. The team needs to put a big totally hetero bro hug on him, help him get his mind right, and prepare to slaughter Michigan and USC. It wouldnt hurt to get his mom and girlfriend in SB if possible. Whatever helps him out makes him a better person for everyone involved. In other words help him make the wise choice and tough it out for a few more years and then cash in big time.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannacare View Post
It makes no sense for him to leave unless he has been assured he will not lose a year of eligibility, otherwise he will have to waite another year to become a millionaire. Does not make much sense.
Not quite. NFL rules say that to be eligible for the draft, you have to be three years out of HS, not after three years of college ball. In theory, he could spend the next two years sweeping floors, and still declare for the draft after the 2013 season (and the Redskins would probably still take him).

Now, he'd probably be better served playing football for the next two years, but you get my point, right?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Lynch is visiting USF this weekend. He's gotten his release from ND and everyone on the USF side of things thinks this is a done deal.

Next man in.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Some think he might be regretting his decision.
if he really is regretting his decision and wants to come back a different person then i'd love to have him back. but if he's coming back without looking at himself in the mirror then i think we'd be better off without him.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_irish03 View Post
Lynch is visiting USF this weekend. He's gotten his release from ND and everyone on the USF side of things thinks this is a done deal.

Next man in.
Florida State probably felt the same way...
Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_irish03 View Post

Next man in.
Clearly his word is his bond.