Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Angry UHND: Joke of a Site

It's pretty apparent the members & staff over there don't want to be informed of the reasons ND fair-catches the approach to the special teams unit. Minimizing the damage from the past, a decade-plus of ND hoisting by their own petard, the resulted performance being that of a ridiculous 9-0 season which nobody had in their preseason quatrain; yet UHND wants nothing of it.

They want substance. They want staff firings. "They" are a joke. 9-0 with a rookie QB among many other key rookie cogs in the backend... but it's not enough. No depth in that same backend but we should have more of those starters out there getting crackbacked and injured. These types are what ended the Holtzian era. Damned if you don't, damned if you do. Never good enough. Special teams is many things this season but mostly error-free. Error-free for ND, a team that just last year stepped on their own IEDs at a record setting pace, nullifying points and costing games.

9-0. 9 & efffing 0. Did Kelly order a special teams code red? You're damn right he did. And the crackpot staff and members over at UHND are questioning the manner in which Kelly's decision has saved games. Yes, despite his grotesque existence, his decision to nix ND's special petard unit has saved games.

9-0. Must be doing something right. But don't try conveying that message over at UHND. The head-in-sand group doesn't like to be disturbed during a nice stand.

[rant over. and no, not everyone over there is from Texas )

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

You've spoke the truth....

They need to hear the TRUTH!

but, THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

ND IS BACK!

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Domer Domain All American

Dj, I agree that some people take things too far and that no matter what happens, they will never be happy. Before I say this, let me say that I have never been one of those people bashing Kelly's play calling or decision for every single errant play. I did have a problem with pulling Golson last night (but coaches make mistakes, I am not even close to upset with Kelly, I just thought it was a poor decision).

But regarding special teams, that is the only area where I have been consistently upset with Kelly's philosophy, there are times for a safe punt, and there are times where it is borderline and Kelly to be cautious, but too many times this year Kelly has been in punt safe where it is not necessary.

When a question was brought up yesterday about replacing Neal with Goodman, Kelly looked very upset and simply gave a resounding 'no.' I took that as Kelly has a lot of trust in Neal, but if Kelly has that much trust in Neal that he would get mad at a PC over him, why not give him more opportunities to help the team with his break-away speed and elite agility. That is the only consistent problem I have had with Kelly regarding ST, and that is the safe punts EVERY SINGLE TIME. He explained why his other ST may be suffering a little bit and I accept his reasoning, so I will not say anything about the other special teams.

Having said all that, I am not upset with anyone on the staff, I just have a difference in philosophy when it comes to punt returns. I am not going to be mad at a staff for having a different philosophy and I am not even close to asking for any firings, if anything, maybe hire a ST coach. Everyone has their own philosophy, I just think the MSU game in 2010 scared Kelly to death and he has not gotten over it.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

^^^^
Agreed. Almost as if they have wasted a year of Neal's eligibility for nothing.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Hard to fix it all at once. Kelly's priorities seem to be defense 1st, Golson development 2nd, and I would guess Special Teams 3rd.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

I quit going to that site a long time ago.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Funny thing is this: many of them are NDNATION flunkys that came over because that site was waaaaaay too pessimistic and 'high and mighty'. UHND is fast becoming a NDNATION step child. One upmanship and witty retorts....... that's all I get from them.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

nd convinces neal to come...and then hardly uses him...anybody else think he may be regretting it now?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhoney24 View Post
nd convinces neal to come...and then hardly uses him...anybody else think he may be regretting it now?
Anyone else think that it takes players time to develop? Hardly ANYONE goes from high school to college and is a dynamic go to player. Only a few are every down players.

Anyone else think that there is more to being a college wide receiver than being good with the ball in your hands?

Anyone else think that the coaching staff knows FAR more about what it takes to be successful and how to use their personel to achieve that success?

Anyone else think that if Neal is as good as we think he is that he'll only be here four years anyone?

The fact that anyone questions what this coaching staff is doing after being 9-0 (first time in 19 years) with a first year starting quarterback, numerous injuries to front line players and a VERY difficult schedule is beyond me.

M.S.B.C

KCCO
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM

NDNation was teetering on that UHND cliff of looniness, too. I've only been back a few times, but it seems like they cleaned up their act a little bit... Either was DomerDomain is and always will be the best board out there.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Season is not over yet. He gets a nice 48 yard return that sets up a go-ahead TD and it is definitely worth it.

We end up in the top 5 in the nation, and he gets to tell his kids he returned punts for that team and it was definitely worth it. He gets significant PT in his Jr and Sr years plus Notre Dame continues to be a top 10 team and it was def worth it.

He graduates from Notre Dame and it was def worth it.
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Ishaq is a soph and still not starting. The bottom line is 9-0. Isn't that perfection?? I don't care if he starts Bruce Heggie at tailback if we go undefeated.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaIrish View Post
Ishaq is a soph and still not starting. The bottom line is 9-0. Isn't that perfection?? I don't care if he starts Bruce Heggie at tailback if we go undefeated.
I thought Ishaq had a great game yesterday. Best of the year for him. Trouble is the other LBs didn't!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Send a message via AIM to IrishFan33

Ishaq has been playing way better since they started giving Rabasa more reps in practice but is still wiffing on tackles...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
In every video, Neal is the first guy on the field congratulating guys, the first guy to the stands after the game, the first guy jumping up and down after big plays.

He "seems" to be loving it.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
^^^^
Agreed. Almost as if they have wasted a year of Neal's eligibility for nothing.
Unbelievable but true! A shame!

Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFan33 View Post
Ishaq has been playing way better since they started giving Rabasa more reps in practice but is still wiffing on tackles...
He's been playing better since I openly challenged him in the domain of domer.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Absolutely not! He'll be an integral part of the offense in the coming year...just think the year he's used hasn't really been worth it.

Anyone want to foil hat with me...? My initial thought with Neal and Stanley is that they were somehow guaranteed a chance to see the field and play first year...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

The reason we don't return kicks is because of the injuries in the secondary. Kelly acknowledged this in one of his PCs. Corners and safeties who were special teams guys have been shifted to full time defensive players with all the injuries. These are the guys who block the gunners and provide some space to the returner when he initially catches the ball. If you are going to have to fair catch it might as well be in prevent.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1989 View Post
I thought Ishaq had a great game yesterday. Best of the year for him. Trouble is the other LBs didn't!
...besides when he got completely fooled on that run fake and they hit that pass over the middle... then NBC decided to show it about 90 times.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Personally, I think they are going to surprise everybody when they do give Neal the okay to return the ball ... When our opponent assumes that all he does is fair-catch the ball

& I am a staff writer at UHND & think the site is pretty darn good! My new traditions piece on Interhall Football should be up later today or tomorrow.

Cheers!
Lisa

Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Kelly said In his press conference that he just doesn't have the depth to be able to risk his guys on special teams and that e were still 3-4 players away from having what he wants for returns!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcd329 View Post
I am a staff writer at UHND & think the site is pretty darn good!
Well you're obviously biased. But like I stated at the end of my original post, not everyone over there is from Texas...

Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 AM

I used to check out that site a long time ago before I found DD. Definitely a unique site for sure.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:08 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcd329 View Post
Personally, I think they are going to surprise everybody when they do give Neal the okay to return the ball ... When our opponent assumes that all he does is fair-catch the ball

& I am a staff writer at UHND & think the site is pretty darn good! My new traditions piece on Interhall Football should be up later today or tomorrow.

Cheers!
Lisa
I for one think it's a very entertaining site. Gives me lots of laughs how those guys rip on each other. I actually enjoy reading it.

For serious football discussion though, it's not very good. Like DD much more and we're more respectful to each other for the most part.

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo