Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 AM
Domer Domain All American

Default Scouting Georgia

The most visually intimidating thing about Georgia is that they are 6'5 + 340 lbs+ across the offensive line. Against Vanderbilt here on the first drive they ran it 7 or 8 straight times and then ran a little end around pictured here and threw 1 short TD pass.

Fromm is good at making adjustments. not a huge QB but a Smart one.

I'd put smaller quicker guys on the field, gambling that their bigger O-line would have trouble getting their pad level in the right place to block us.

Their defense is where we are going to have to make our mark. A little younger than usual. Should be able to find some yardage. Going to have to think about getting the ball to the middle, how can we isolate and confuse their safeties? We've gotta hit some big plays, because they won't be playing back and giving away free yardage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019 georgia offense.jpg (97.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2019 georgia defense.jpg (98.1 KB, 58 views)

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-20-2019, 02:37 AM

Old 09-20-2019, 03:45 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

I agree with your speed factor. How many times have we seen our bigger more talented offense line get dominated by smaller faster defensive lines. This is a key point in my eyes. If we want a shot at stopping Georgia we’re going to have to go be disruptive in the backfield.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
I agree with your speed factor. How many times have we seen our bigger more talented offense line get dominated by smaller faster defensive lines. This is a key point in my eyes. If we want a shot at stopping Georgia we’re going to have to go be disruptive in the backfield.
This is the type of game that I like going in with no pattern, its gonna be hard for UGA to get a read on our film and I like that.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Faith, getting the ball to the middle is exactly what this offense lacks. Broken record...but for the love of God the TE seam is such a life saver for a QB and keeping a D from loading the box. IF Kmet is good to play we need to hit it, even without Kmet, Trimble has shown he is a capable receiver with athleticism to make a D pay on a seam route down the middle. However getting Book to throw to or even look at the route is another thing.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Faith, getting the ball to the middle is exactly what this offense lacks. Broken record...but for the love of God the TE seam is such a life saver for a QB and keeping a D from loading the box. IF Kmet is good to play we need to hit it, even without Kmet, Trimble has shown he is a capable receiver with athleticism to make a D pay on a seam route down the middle. However getting Book to throw to or even look at the route is another thing.
Yeah Jesse, I have to agree about Kmet. And from what I saw of Tremble on two plays. He should be a factor too. He sat perfectly on two different zone defenses where Book found him. They should be used quite often.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
As you see the way Georgia is lined up against that basic spread offense formation the slot to the field side has the most relief (or least coverage) however you want to look at it. That slot has a safety 10 full yards away, so whoever that player is Kmet, Finke, Tremble, Keys Lenzy etc, needs to get the ball.

If ND lines it up so Kmet and Claypool are on the same side Georgia can't afford to play 1.5 man to the boundary. If you look at that formation again you can tell Georgia one safety is ready to help the boundary corner(The boundary gets the most action because its a shorter throw for the QB) Our Boundary WR is Claypool (last year it was Boykin) Boykin never got open deep because the safety was cheated over like you see in that picture. Reason for that no threat in the deep middle., broken record.