Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2019, 03:51 AM
Morgandonor's Avatar
Morgandonor Morgandonor is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,501
Default defense

I think our defense is gonna cost us a couple of games this year.
they are not very good unfortunately....we will be lucky if Georgia dosen't put up 50 or more on us. We also dont have the offensive star power like last year. I just don't see a good out come. hopefully I am wrong but I doubt it.
__________________
Quote:
The secret of winning football games is working more as a team, less as individuals. I play not my 11 best, but my best 11.
- Knute Rockne, American football coach
M.S.B.C
S.C.S.B.C
A.S.B.C
DEADSPIN.COM S.B.C
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #2  
Old 09-14-2019, 04:09 AM
Domer Dude Domer Dude is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,632
Default

Simple

Move Ovie Oghoufo to LB.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2019, 04:15 AM
cali_domer's Avatar
cali_domer cali_domer is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,807
Default

I am more worried about the offense than the defense. Lea I trust in 100%. Long and Kelly calling the plays? That is frustrating and gonna cost us some games.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2019, 06:49 AM
Donjuan's Avatar
Donjuan Donjuan is offline
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 18,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_domer View Post
I am more worried about the offense than the defense. Lea I trust in 100%. Long and Kelly calling the plays? That is frustrating and gonna cost us some games.
Sometimes I wish the coaches would actually call mandatory set plays and not allow Book to opt out to something else. It appears on film he made the wrong read several times that resulted in crucial missed 3rd down conversions.
__________________
Moderator



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2019, 03:22 PM
cavic cavic is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 95
Default

Let's wait till after the Georgia game before judging this team. Louisville was an uncertainty with a new coach. After 2 TDs ND did adjust. They obviously need to get better in a lot of areas but that's what every team is striving to do. I still think they are capable of a great season but they will have to improve on both sides of the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2019, 03:27 PM
ndomer4's Avatar
ndomer4 ndomer4 is online now
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 4,785
Default

We had two weeks to get Simon ready to take over for Bilal. If that doesnít happen by Georgia then they will exploit him and that is on Kelly.

Linebackers and interior d line will likely cost us the Georgia game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2019, 04:04 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
We had two weeks to get Simon ready to take over for Bilal. If that doesnít happen by Georgia then they will exploit him and that is on Kelly.

Linebackers and interior d line will likely cost us the Georgia game.
Unfortunately, I think thatís the case. The LBs looked so slow vs Ville. Lea is a terrific DC, but thereís only so much he can do.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-14-2019, 04:46 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Unfortunately, I think thatís the case. The LBs looked so slow vs Ville. Lea is a terrific DC, but thereís only so much he can do.
I wouldn't say they looked slow. I would say they looked lost and "slow" to react.

Look, in today's game, nobody really knows what they have in a football team until week 3. Too many easy games scheduled and too much uncertainty until these teams play a big boy. I think we will be fine...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-14-2019, 05:06 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
I wouldn't say they looked slow. I would say they looked lost and "slow" to react.

Look, in today's game, nobody really knows what they have in a football team until week 3. Too many easy games scheduled and too much uncertainty until these teams play a big boy. I think we will be fine...
Thatís a fair point. I was just very disappointed with Bilal in particular.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-14-2019, 05:50 PM
FaithInIrishForever's Avatar
FaithInIrishForever FaithInIrishForever is offline
Moderator
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 8,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjuan View Post
Sometimes I wish the coaches would actually call mandatory set plays and not allow Book to opt out to something else. It appears on film he made the wrong read several times that resulted in crucial missed 3rd down conversions.
Yeah Book read to many of those into runs. We can't live with book running 14 times a game and being the 2nd leading rusher
__________________
Moderator


Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz


Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Last Updated: October 13, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.