Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Irish 41

Canes 38

Yoon wins it

MICHIGAN SUCKS BALLS CLUB

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Domer Domain Junior

My boys and I were hashing out our predictions last night. I told them that I would have predicted ND by 17....before I saw that look in their eyes against VT...I just feel like I saw some of that "convict cockiness." Told them that I hope ND squeaks it out, but am concerned about the environment, and miami's receivers getting behind ND's secondary... They proceeded to basically tell me how stupid I am, that the u is trash and ND will dominate them. So 2 against 1 wins...I'll believe them and stick with my pick from a week ago...
NOTRE DAME 34
miami -17
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish83 View Post
I actually completely agree with you, that's a weird sentence to type out.
I dont feel that my requirement have ever been unreasonable....
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Why is it a foregone conclusion to people here that Bama will forsure beat us? They're a good team but putting the past aside and looking at both team with a neutral I think we are better. This is not th Bama of past and they have tons of injuries. They haven't been tested, they are Wisconsin with a way better track record.

Look at the qbs who give Saban fits, they wouldn't know what to do with Wimbush.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
Why is it a foregone conclusion to people here that Bama will forsure beat us? They're a good team but putting the past aside and looking at both team with a neutral I think we are better. This is not th Bama of past and they have tons of injuries. They haven't been tested, they are Wisconsin with a way better track record.

Look at the qbs who give Saban fits, they wouldn't know what to do with Wimbush.
And a better coach, better players....
Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Iím worried because Iím flying blind.

I havenít seen Miami play at all...but obviously they have athletes and are well coached.

Notre Dame is on an impressive little run here...beating the brakes off of everyone they should.

Saturday will be fun!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Their run defense is somewhere in the 60th - 80th range...we're #2 in rushing. Irish Illustrated boys have been conservative with their picks this year but Pete Sampson and Tim O'Malley think ND rolls this weekend. I tend to agree. Offense is just too darn good and the D is stout.

38-21 Irish
Old 11-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:

Men among boys. Perennially recruit the nation's most gifted players. On the title stage year in and and year out. Couple that with history's most storied and accomplished FB coach and that is why they would beat us.

Could they falter and play uncharacteristically poorly? Sure. But we would definitely need them to...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 11-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverIrish View Post
And a better coach, better players....
I get what you and echo say but I'm mostly comparing the two based on the fact they haven't played any good teams. We really have no clue how good either are, I actually feel the SEC is so weak this year we won't know until the conference title.

I'm hard on the big ten because they're overrated and have zero points in their last two playoff game appearances. However the SEC is really two teams and a bunch of jokes though, I think Michigan would be the third team in that conference.

We've been tested plenty and are proven, every year is different so I'm not quick to give Bama too much credit. How many NFL olines have a better left side than ours? Not many. This is a complete team too and I think we might be the team no one wants to see in the playoff.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
I get what you and echo say but I'm mostly comparing the two based on the fact they haven't played any good teams. We really have no clue how good either are, I actually feel the SEC is so weak this year we won't know until the conference title.

I'm hard on the big ten because they're overrated and have zero points in their last two playoff game appearances. However the SEC is really two teams and a bunch of jokes though, I think Michigan would be the third team in that conference.

We've been tested plenty and are proven, every year is different so I'm not quick to give Bama too much credit. How many NFL olines have a better left side than ours? Not many. This is a complete team too and I think we might be the team no one wants to see in the playoff.
Umm everyone has a pretty good idea of how good Bama is because of the last 10 years. Everyone else is a newcomer. When Bama plays UGa youll have a really good idea. Bama currently has a better line on both sides of the ball than us, regardless of side. And that's simply fact.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Domer Domain All American

Bama appears to be fighting the injury bug a bit this year, I agree that they seem more vulnerable then in years past. It wouldn't be 42-14 like 2012 but I'd still say the chances would be in bamas favor.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish83 View Post
Bama appears to be fighting the injury bug a bit this year, I agree that they seem more vulnerable then in years past. It wouldn't be 42-14 like 2012 but I'd still say the chances would be in bamas favor.
Injury bugs or not, this year it would be a respectable score. We had no business teeing up against them in 2012.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Umm everyone has a pretty good idea of how good Bama is because of the last 10 years. Everyone else is a newcomer. When Bama plays UGa youll have a really good idea. Bama currently has a better line on both sides of the ball than us, regardless of side. And that's simply fact.
I think we can agree to disagree on the o line, the only weak spot we have is right tackle and Bars does not get enough love.

This is college football though, they get the benefit of the doubt but there is so much turnover every year regardless of recruiting. This team when healthy can't even come close to 12 Bama! We know they're good but how good? Add in the injuries and anything could happen to them.

It's 2017 and in 2017 our resume is superior thus far.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

The Irish are closing the Alabama gap but with both teams healthy, ND draws the short straw again.
If ND played Alabama 10 times, the Crimson Tide would win 7. Alabama has superior talent and a proven HC in Saban.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Injury bugs or not, this year it would be a respectable score. We had no business teeing up against them in 2012.
No one did. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...offense-at-the

Crazy. Add all the underclass man that were playing Yeldon etc that were not in that starting 11. The defense was even more absurd, pretty sure their whole lb and secondary core are pro bowlers.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:22 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

33 - 18 Irish
Old 11-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmike88 View Post
The Irish are closing the Alabama gap but with both teams healthy, ND draws the short straw again.
If ND played Alabama 10 times, the Crimson Tide would win 7. Alabama has superior talent and a proven HC in Saban.
The thing I come away with watching those dudes is that, on top of having a lineup littered w/5-star talent, they play like they're fighting for a roster spot. That's a recipe for dominance. And...they challenge EVERYthing on D.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Domer Domain Junior

38-24, ND. I think UM will be overconfident being at home and the WF game was a wake up call for ND that brought them back to earth, like a cup of cold water to the face.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Nd 41
u 21
Old 11-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Convert View Post
38-24, ND. I think UM will be overconfident being at home and the WF game was a wake up call for ND that brought them back to earth, like a cup of cold water to the face.
Ditto for me. I completely agree with this.

38-24 Irish

Hey, which is worse? Popping off on a website, or stealing a scooter? - PursuitAce
Old 11-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

I am very very nervous for this game. Havent been this nervous since ND at Standord two years ago. Absolutely NO ONE is picking Miami except for Miami fans ó and that scares me. In my gut I feel like Miami somehow snake bites hs here after a crazy, frustrating overtime game.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

I'm not worried. We roll this weekend again.

Miami could just as easily be 6-2 and unranked and we wouldn't be giving this game much thought.

I do like their confidence and we won't be sleeping on this game for sure. But I really like us to blow their doors off early and see how they cope with playing from a big deficit. Then the final quarter is all ball control and imposing our will. I do see a big win coming up, 17+ points.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:

Completely agree about the qbs that can be successful v Bama. Deshaun Watson is the best example. Wimbush has ALL the tools to be successful against any defense including Alabama. I, honestly, feel he is a better qb than week 2 v. Georgia, and our receivers are betters also. Thank you Stepherson and Claypool.