Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 04-07-2019, 11:12 PM
Domer Domain All American

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM

Old 08-17-2019, 02:04 AM

Old 11-02-2019, 05:29 AM

Old 11-06-2019, 04:10 AM

Old 11-28-2019, 11:43 PM

What do you guys think of this kid?

Iím usually wowed by the majority of ND QB recruits minus Tommy Rees, however this guy doesnít wow me on tape. Low level competition, not a great athlete, above average arm and short.

I think heís got an impressive offer list but I guess I must be missing something since heís so highly rated. Iím hoping he turns out but I donít see him being a Tua, Burrows or Lawrence type game changer.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:48 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
What do you guys think of this kid?

I’m usually wowed by the majority of ND QB recruits minus Tommy Rees, however this guy doesn’t wow me on tape. Low level competition, not a great athlete, above average arm and short.

I think he’s got an impressive offer list but I guess I must be missing something since he’s so highly rated. I’m hoping he turns out but I don’t see him being a Tua, Burrows or Lawrence type game changer.
Totally agree. Looks to me to be depth behind the Book, Phil/Clark, then to Buchner.

His arm strength is weak imo
Old 11-29-2019, 05:12 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Totally agree. Looks to me to be depth behind the Book, Phil/Clark, then to Buchner.

His arm strength is weak imo
And rarely do you see him throw in a pocket. He starts scrambling immediately on most plays. He can make em at that level, but when you have a future nfl de doing contain or a decent speed linebacker itís curtains. Idk have yet seen the kid step up in the pocket and make a good throw. I have only seen highlights though.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Iím just going to trust that the people at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas A&M, AND Notre Dame who offered him scholarships know more about evaluating high school quarterbacks than anyone here on DomerDomain.
As far as being a game changer like the players you mentioned, youíre probably right. Lawrence was the number 1-rated prospect in the entire country his senior year, and Tua was the 32nd-rated prospect his senior year. I donít think anyone expects the number 181-rated Pyne to be in that realm. Burrow was #280 his senior year, so he and the offense in which he is now operating have certainly surprised us all. Pyne doesnít have Burrowís measurables but is more highly rated coming out of high school. I donít know if that means anything at all, but the people offering scholarships from the most high-powered programs in the country sure see something in him.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 11-30-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Iím just going to trust that the people at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas A&M, AND Notre Dame who offered him scholarships know more about evaluating high school quarterbacks than anyone here on DomerDomain.
As far as being a game changer like the players you mentioned, youíre probably right. Lawrence was the number 1-rated prospect in the entire country his senior year, and Tua was the 32nd-rated prospect his senior year. I donít think anyone expects the number 181-rated Pyne to be in that realm. Burrow was #280 his senior year, so he and the offense in which he is now operating have certainly surprised us all. Pyne doesnít have Burrowís measurables but is more highly rated coming out of high school. I donít know if that means anything at all, but the people offering scholarships from the most high-powered programs in the country sure see something in him.
Were all those committable offers?? I highly highly highly doubt it. He looks to be more talented than Rees and below Book. He looked the same as a sophomore as he does as a senior. Maybe they thought he'd grow and his arm would get stronger. Who knows. But he's clearly not an elite qb prospect. 247 rates him like 500 or so. That seems right to me