Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 04-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
My bold prediction is that ND will have 2-3 more commits by around April 10th -

SDE/DT Rylie Mills
OT Jimmy Christ

and if given the go, CB Landen Bartleson.

With numbers tight at the moment, and ND in it for guys like Clark Phillips, Jalen Kimber, Dontae Manning, etc. not sure if Bartleson would be given the go as it stands right now. But...it’s his second to visit to campus in as many weeks and he loves ND. Just not sure where the staff is on him. They could value him up there with those guys. Tough to say at the moment.
If DJ Brown is staying at Safety, maybe they look to take 3 CBs and take him early. Nice athlete and speed guy.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-02-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
If DJ Brown is staying at Safety, maybe they look to take 3 CBs and take him early. Nice athlete and speed guy.
Id take him personally. Really like him as a player.

When you think about it, and most people kinda forget once they get on campus...but that 2017 CB class isnít as big as it was thought to be: Brown at safety and Wilkins at WR.

Last year you have Wallace whoís more of a nickel candidate and Rutherford.

Taking 3 shouldnít be out of the question this cycle, and Bartleson is definitely a nice 3rd option. His upside is there for sure.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
Id take him personally. Really like him as a player.

When you think about it, and most people kinda forget once they get on campus...but that 2017 CB class isnít as big as it was thought to be: Brown at safety and Wilkins at WR.

Last year you have Wallace whoís more of a nickel candidate and Rutherford.

Taking 3 shouldnít be out of the question this cycle, and Bartleson is definitely a nice 3rd option. His upside is there for sure.
If we are taking 3, then I agree, we should take him.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
If we are taking 3, then I agree, we should take him.
I would agree. It will be interesting to see how they feel he stacks up with Kimber and Watts on campus at the same time. I love the staff getting these guys on campus together like this to show several prospects are interested.

Give me Clark Phillips, Manning or Watts, and Kimber or Bartleson
Old 04-03-2019, 04:46 AM

Old 04-03-2019, 04:50 AM

I think this weekend or close to

La Habra’s Clark Phillips III narrows college choices as recruiting stock keeps soaring

Check out the article. He released his top 12 a while back but Phillips excluded USC, UCLA, Alabama, and Clemson for his top 12. I actually really like NDs chances in that top 12.

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-03-2019 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:21 AM
Domer Domain Junior

With our commits at TE and QB, we're obviously in great shape. It also seems we're in great shape at OL - lot of very good prospects with high interest and at RB - may be prioritizing Murphy and Tyree but several other great options.

I'd say decent shape at:

DL: with current commits and standing with a few others like Mills and a few of the other DE prospects. If we landed McGregor, that could make a good DL haul very good.

LB: given it's not a position of great need and we seem to have a few options there with strong interest like Simon.

CB: seem to have Clark as top target and we're in good shape with him and a few other options discussed above like Manning, Watts, etc.

I think we have work to do at:

WR: putting this here because while we have strong interest with several high impact guys, we need to land 3 of them. This could flip quickly to great shape in summer if we could land a Johnson, Redding, McMillan, etc.

S: we seem to have Ransom and Morant as our top targets (could be wrong there) but even with our efforts there is heavy competition for both.

Thoughts?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
With our commits at TE and QB, we're obviously in great shape. It also seems we're in great shape at OL - lot of very good prospects with high interest and at RB - may be prioritizing Murphy and Tyree but several other great options.

I'd say decent shape at:

DL: with current commits and standing with a few others like Mills and a few of the other DE prospects. If we landed McGregor, that could make a good DL haul very good.

LB: given it's not a position of great need and we seem to have a few options there with strong interest like Simon.

CB: seem to have Clark as top target and we're in good shape with him and a few other options discussed above like Manning, Watts, etc.

WR: putting this here because while we have strong interest with several high impact guys, we need to land 3 of them. This could flip quickly to great shape in summer if we could land a Johnson, Redding, McMillan, etc.

S: we seem to have Ransom and Morant as our top targets (could be wrong there) but even with our efforts there is heavy competition for both.

Thoughts?
Staff would love to land Morant, but that is likely not happening. Who knows though. There's always a surprise later on in the cycle with guys gaining interest back such as Foskey this past year. At S, I would say Story in firmly in the top 2 for the staff currently and more realistic than Morant. Christian Gonzalez is another guy to keep an eye on.

Enzo Jennings and Darius Snow are more in the Morant category.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post

I'd say decent shape at:

Thoughts?
As of today, I would have the WR position up in the great category. They should land Jordan Johnson, I believe they lead for Redding and they have several others visiting. The fact that they haven't made any other offers yet tends to show they feel solid with the current group.

Safety I agree with but hopefully it will begin to clear up over the next couple of months with visitors. I have a hard time seeing Morant visiting as of now but there are some nice options that are in regular contact with ND.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:25 PM

Last weekend was huge for recruiting and this weekend is even bigger...

Spring Official visit, [4/5-6]:

VA OL Jimmy Christ (Offer)
CO OL Andrew Gentry (Offer)
TX CB Ryan Watts (Offer)
MO WR Jordan Johnson (Offer)
TX CB Jalen Kimber (Offer)
KY ATH Landen Bartleson (Offer)
DC S Mordecai McDaniel (Offer)
IL DL Rylie Mills (Offer)
MI DL Braiden McGregor (Offer)
CO DL Aidan Keanaaina (ND Verbal)
KY TE Michael Mayer (ND Verbal)
NJ TE Kevin Baumann (ND Verbal)
Old 04-05-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Last weekend was huge for recruiting and this weekend is even bigger...

Spring Official visit, [4/5-6]:

VA OL Jimmy Christ (Offer)
CO OL Andrew Gentry (Offer)
TX CB Ryan Watts (Offer)
MO WR Jordan Johnson (Offer)
TX CB Jalen Kimber (Offer)
KY ATH Landen Bartleson (Offer)
DC S Mordecai McDaniel (Offer)
IL DL Rylie Mills (Offer)
MI DL Braiden McGregor (Offer)
CO DL Aidan Keanaaina (ND Verbal)
KY TE Michael Mayer (ND Verbal)
NJ TE Kevin Baumann (ND Verbal)
I donít believe that Kimber and Bartelson are one OVs this week fwiw. Coming on their own dime.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Hope the weather is nice and recruits can walk around campus in the sun to see how beautiful the place really is
Old 04-05-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Hope the weather is nice and recruits can walk around campus in the sun to see how beautiful the place really is
Probably gonna get some BK lake house action as well. Always seems to be a hit with the recruits. The lake house has a nice track record of success and they strategize it well.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Old 04-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:

So we can safely say this is the beiggest recruiting weekend of the entire year as Loy states? Or, just the biggest so far... If so far, when would you say our actual biggest recruiting weekend usually is? The banquet? Blue Gold Game? A particular weekend in the fall? Never really thought about it until Loy made that statement, but now Iím curious. Is Loy accurate or misstating what he really means in saying itís the biggest so far? #GrammarNazi
Old 04-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
So we can safely say this is the beiggest recruiting weekend of the entire year as Loy states? Or, just the biggest so far... If so far, when would you say our actual biggest recruiting weekend usually is? The banquet? Blue Gold Game? A particular weekend in the fall? Never really thought about it until Loy made that statement, but now Iím curious. Is Loy accurate or misstating what he really means in saying itís the biggest so far? #GrammarNazi
So far.... who knows what the future holds
Old 04-06-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Pretty sure he means so far. It likely could be the biggest of the year though. These early OVs are popular with recruits. Nicer weather, watch practice, lake house, etc. This weekend in particular has a ton of OVs. Way more so than most game days will have. Blue and Gold game is always popular as well, and the bigger gamedays like USC, Stanford, SEC team, Michigan, etc.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Waiting for some good news
Old 04-07-2019, 12:00 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Jordan Johnson commits to ND
Old 04-07-2019, 12:30 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizz View Post
Jordan Johnson commits to ND
Thats some great news right there!
Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
As of today, I would have the WR position up in the great category. They should land Jordan Johnson, I believe they lead for Redding and they have several others visiting. The fact that they haven't made any other offers yet tends to show they feel solid with the current group.

Safety I agree with but hopefully it will begin to clear up over the next couple of months with visitors. I have a hard time seeing Morant visiting as of now but there are some nice options that are in regular contact with ND.
Good call - with Johnson committing WR should move up!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

More good news to come?
Old 04-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Old 04-07-2019, 04:15 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Horseman View Post
More good news to come?
What are you hearing?
Old 04-07-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Horseman View Post
More good news to come?
I think ND likely lands at least one more guy in the next few weeks. Like Johnson, many guys speed up their timeline after getting on a campus and simply realizing there is no real reason to wait any longer.