Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Afternoon detweet:
* bhardin2 Brian Hardin
It is Faculty Appreciation Day at #NotreDame football practice today. Over 400 members of ND family here. http://t.co/YRqYMw3

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
“@ABJ_Browns: With Scott Fujita sidelined,#Browns undrafted rookie Brian Smith playing strongside LB w/ 1st-team D.” 16-0
Foxy's longest tweet is actually a retweet.

And, in the world of women's "futbol:"

* NDsoccernews Chris Masters by UND_com
#Irish ranked 2nd in preseason Soccer America poll ... publication also offers its season preview for @NDSoccer: http://t.co/W7UbFJ9
2 hours ago
Defending National Champions and Dynasty in the Making in the house, y'all. I'm definitely taking my daughter to see a match this year: not many opportunities to see this kind of excellence in person.
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

* ChiTribHamilton Brian Hamilton
Not a real blow to #NotreDame two-deep, but @NDatRivals reports freshman Eliar Hardy out for year: http://t.co/PWkcAwd
2 minutes ago
Unfortunately, confirming the other thread.

RT @NDatRivals: #NotreDame safety Eilar Hardy will miss freshman season after a left knee injury in practice last week, per a source.
Wow. Last week?

* NDatRivals Irish Illustrated by hansensouthbend
#NotreDame safety Eilar Hardy will miss his freshman season after a left knee injury in practice last week, per a soucre. Surgery to follow.

Update: Former #NotreDame aide Corwin Brown still in medical care, will face charges after release. http://t.co/KVlUhXd

RT @MaloneMK: detectives release statement on Corwin Brown, saying he is in "secured facility" receiving "on-going medical treatment."

That would be Miami, 2012 foe of #NotreDame. RT @espn4d: Confirmed: NCAA enforcement on campus now at The U - ESPN http://t.co/L4pM1ML

My least favorite writer has the best tweets out there - figures.
The Indiana General Assembly granted the school its charter on January 15, 1844 under the name University of Notre Dame du Lac. While the translation of the French is "Our Lady of the Lake," the university actually has two lakes on its campus.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Out of the tweep:

* @CoachBrianKelly
Brian Kelly
With media day tomorrow had to get the Notre Dame 2011 twibbon... Show your support... Go IRISH!!

* CoachBrianKelly Brian Kelly
Support Notre Dame Football 2011, add a #twibbon now! - http://t.co/oR2b6Rk - Create one here - http://t.co/Zr8K3JO

I got my twibbon, then replied to Coach:

* GregTuel Greg Tuel @
@CoachBrianKelly Got my twibbon, but it hides part of my face. Meh... I guess that's not such a bad thing.

* @Lawthug
Kareem Vaughn
@CoachBrianKelly I never thought I'd say Go Irish, but as a former Laker who proud of his old coach...Go Irish!!!!(except against Michigan)
Former Grand Valley player turned Irish fan? Come on over to the good guy side.

* UND_com Notre Dame Athletics
We're trying to find our most die-hard follower ... is it you? If so, tell us why - the best response / picture gets a RT #weAreND #goIrish

Last edited by 2lakes; 08-16-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Last tweets of the twevening:

* jgoodman81 John Goodman
Be honest tweeple. Whos uglier? Me or @FloydND3? Personally, I thnk hes hideous. Like, shouldnt be allowd in public. Let me kno how u feel
Hmmmm... not really into judging dudes... not that there's anything wrong with that...

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o
Grinding through the pain!
There you go: a little manliness vacine to counterract that last tweet.

Notre Dame Athletics In The News - http://t.co/ONpVC06
Link central for ND sports.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
“@SportsCenter: #3words Jim Thome 600!” one of my all time favs. #Windians
This guy is an enigma wrapped up in a paradox with some baconaise.

* RobJob293 Robby Toma
Sooooo tired....headin to bed early!! Body is sore..time for rest!! Gnight everyone
That, my friends, is the only way to go to sleep: tired and sore. Find the cold side of the pillow, close your eyes, and fall asleep before your third breath.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Tweet Beat:

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray
Love is basically like war. Very easy to begin but hard to end...
Hopefully Gary is not planning on loving the USF receivers to death.

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin
#NotreDame Media Day is today. @CoachBrianKelly press conf. live on UND.com at 10 am ET. Assistants available at 10:45 & players at 11:30.

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin
We issued more media credentials than any of my five previous Notre Dame media days. Over 100 media credentialed today. Had 66 last year.
Something's brewing!!!

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin
#NotreDame fans should check out Irish UNDerground blog that debuts today. Will be continually updated everyday. http://t.co/S309dBu

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin
Fans can get photos & news from #NotreDame Football Media Day & partake in live chat at Irish UNDerground http://t.co/S309dBu

Have a good day, tweeps.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Tweet break:

#NotreDame HC Brian Kelly on whether he has championship team: "I'll put my 22 against anybody else. But the game's not played with 22."

Coach Kelly also said something about ND players being more focused than any team he's had (including NC's @ GVSU).

#NotreDame HC Brian Kelly on RB Cierre Wood: "He's been really complete."

* ISDUpdate Irish Sports Daily
Kelly says DaVaris Daniels, George Atkinson, and Cam McDaniel will play this year. Not ready yet mentally, but impressive athletically

And a tough day, personally, for Louis:

* IrishChocolate9 lOUIS NIX III
R.I.P DARIUS N. FOSTER A.K.A G.B....Another friend of mine thats died by the gun.

Im Praying that i can get my lil bros out of Jacksonville smh...R.i.P DARIUS N. FOSTER A.K.A G.B.

So give a ND man a twitter hand:

* DayneCrists_arm The Cannon by IrishChocolate9
ND Nation let's get @IrishChocolate9 some more followers! He's another great ambassador of Notre Dame.

A couple last comments from (and about) Coach Kelly:
K-L and EJ will be taking less snaps "with depth and situational substitutions." They'll be out there on 3rd down with fresher legs. Next few years, recruiting will be about the depth at the skill positions. Coach Kelly also mentioned "8 star recruits." I'd like to see one for those. Finally, a miracle has occurred: Coach Kelly suddenly got younger, although I'm thinking he found the secret to (temporary) immortality in a bottle and not a fountain.

Last edited by 2lakes; 08-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Tweet time: I like mine with crumpets.

Young Players Emerge at TE: http://t.co/eIKyaFm

* hansensouthbend Eric Hansen
Statement from Corwin Brown's family on his current condition & what might have led to Friday's police standoff: http://t.co/EAV1LiR

#NotreDame at Pittsburgh is NOT a night game. Kickoff for the Sept. 24 college football matchup is noon (EDT). TV is ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.

FB fans wonder what the defense will look like vs. USF? At media day, we asked the players what to expect: http://t.co/Qaq2viu

* Freekey_Zekey17 Ezekiel Motta
Lord knows I can't complain

Good tweevening.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Tweet at Joe's:

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall
Think I might take an official to VT with my bro @TG1UNO
Good. Take lots of officials and then come check out the real deal.

* BradCarrico56 Brad Carrico
i need a spot off campus strictly for bed purposes these things feel like a wood board
Tried that line several times, Brad. Didn't work.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
#fisherscoatsaremadeoffur
This guy never fails to amaze me. Not to mention, confuse me.

Here's a little taste of what it's like to be a ND ball player. Sort of like being evicted. And being sent home to live with your parents. But them having moved out. To Florida. With Aunt Clara. (BTW - they didn't leave a forwarding address)

* chasehounshell Chase Hounshell
Finally moved in my new dorm....ND needs to fix this. ive moved 3 times in a month

* BennettJax Bennett Jackson Jr.
Switching dorms was a work out ....#exhausted going to bed* Doubles tomorrow!!... Gotta be Great!* #NDFOOTBALL

* Nuss76 Andrew Nuss
Moved out of the dorm for the last time and going to sleep in my own bed tonight...amazing

Night, tweeps.

Last edited by 2lakes; 08-17-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

If you wake up before 6:30 am, and like to use Twitter, does that make you "an early Tweety bird?"

* TsTock_ND92 Tyler Stockton
Remember one fact... I got your back!
All of us?

#NotreDame football notebook: Floyd catches some normalcy, inside the quarterback competition, injury updates & more: http://t.co/8np5YiA

mannnn 2 a days tomorrow and cant go to sleep because my roommate is snoring #smh
Anyone got a used apnea mask a brah can use?

* chasehounshell Chase Hounshell
Up at it early
Me too. Got a CPR class.

Good day, tweeps.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Good afternoon, tweople.

* rivalsmike Mike Farrell by hansensouthbend
Seantrel Henderson's final three schools -- #USC, #Miami and #Ohio State. Quite the trifecta.

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall
Miami about to get the Death penalty like SMU did.. smh
For the uninitiated, smh = shaking my head.

* InsidetheNCAA Inside the NCAA by AP_Top25
#NCAAPrez Emmert responds to Miami allegations

* Sportsbeat960 Darin Pritchett by hansensouthbend
#NotreDame hockey lands another blue chip recruit. USA 17 Dawson Cook...a Forward/Center. Will spend 2 years with USA Develop Program

Toma Still Not Satisfied: http://t.co/T0J9yYJ

Favorite song in the universe just came on on Pandora. Timmy McGraw-Don't take the girl. perfect camp tune. #hypemuzic
Yeah... for taking a nap.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Good afternoon, tweople.

* rivalsmike Mike Farrell by hansensouthbend
Seantrel Henderson's final three schools -- #USC, #Miami and #Ohio State. Quite the trifecta.

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall
Miami about to get the Death penalty like SMU did.. smh

* InsidetheNCAA Inside the NCAA by AP_Top25
#NCAAPrez Emmert responds to Miami allegations http://t.co/NAF4qxK

* Sportsbeat960 Darin Pritchett by hansensouthbend
#NotreDame hockey lands another blue chip recruit. USA 17 Dawson Cook...a Forward/Center. Will spend 2 years with USA Develop Program

Toma Still Not Satisfied: http://t.co/T0J9yYJ

* bynhayes Neil Hayes
Young #Notre Dame quarterbacks Andrew Hendrix and Everett Golson haven't disappointed at: http://t.co/GglVZqG

Favorite song in the universe just came on on Pandora. Timmy McGraw-Don't take the girl. perfect camp tune. #hypemuzic
Yeah... for taking a nap.

Last edited by 2lakes; 08-17-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lakes View Post
If you wake up before 6:30 am, and like to use Twitter, does that make you "an early Tweety bird?"

mannnn 2 a days tomorrow and cant go to sleep because my roommate is snoring #smh
Anyone got a used apnea mask a brah can use?
Do what I do to my wife......roll her *** over!

Kinda hard though if they aren't sharing a bed, and I hope they aren't.

Just throw stuff at him.

"It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it. "
Knute Rockne

Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Chris View Post

Kinda hard though if they aren't sharing a bed, and I hope they aren't.

Just throw stuff at him.
Good stuff, there. A sharp elbow works too.

I had to put one more interesting twitter on here before I go back to work. Coach Diaco does not twitter very often, but chose to broadcast this today:

* BDiaco Bob Diaco
Relative to my position on #3 on the offensive side of the ball, as Ghandi once said: "Hate the sin, love the sinner." #completeness #

Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Chris View Post
At first I wasn't quite sure what this was referring too.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Chris was referring to her snoring not rat a tat tatting that @$$ hail yeah!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

* ESPNCindyB Cindy Brunson by SportsCenter
At 10 et on @SportsCenter @ESPN_ReceDavis & College Football Live crew with latest on how #Miami allegations will impact CFB. Don't miss it

That would be right... NOW.

According to my cable menu, Baseball tonight is on now, and SportsCenter isn't until 11:00 EST.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Last tweets of the night. I was delayed because I had to wash my eyes out with soap after reading those posts by Chris, '89, and Chiro.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
Oh yea, that's right I'm doin me.
Foxy, Foxy, Foxy... You know... I don't.... Alright, at least Foxy is communicating with us. Now we have to work on discretion.

* FightingIrishND Notre Dame Football
One thing certain, Irish have desire http://t.co/ArpUThZ

* MGolicJR57 Mike Golic Jr
Would like to personally thank the people who make Tums for getting me through camp.
Tums? Not Ben-Gay?

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray
I’m not afraid of dying... I’m afraid of not trying. -Hova

* DaVarisDaniels TOOT DADDY FRESH
What up twitter fam? Im back!! Camp was a rollercoaster ride. But we made it. Whats good new followers?
Give me some ideas b4 bed about what, if anything, I should reply.

Hinton Lets Players Coach (FREE): http://t.co/IAwyKbT

i love MAMA
Meeeeeee... too.
Night, twitter-nation.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Gary Gray with the Jay-Z "Beach Chair" quote... love it..

http://twitter.com/therealFLO
M.S.B.C.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Morning tweets from twe, twyself, and twi:

* CoachBrianKelly Brian Kelly
Checkout the new project by UND.com RT- Irish Connection - taking you inside the ND FB team - http://t.co/8Ag8Xvs»

* 38special_ Sergio Brown
Let me get up I'm tired of jus Latin n this bed
You think ND students aren't diferent: how many schools' football players start the day by studying the classical languages in bed?

Young Looking To Breakout (free) http://t.co/cwJlWWU

After an apparent offseason epiphany, perceived backup WR Robby Toma is setting a tone in #NotreDame camp.
This guy again.

Last edited by 2lakes; 08-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
* 38special_ Sergio Brown
Let me get up I'm tired of jus Latin n this bed
You think ND students aren't diferent: how many schools' football players start the day by studying the classical languages in bed?
Pretty sure that's a typo and he hit the T instead of the Y.

He was just layin n the bed. lol

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterX View Post
Pretty sure that's a typo and he hit the T instead of the Y.

He was just layin n the bed. lol

Nooooooooo... you think?

Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

At the tweet-light's last tweeting:

* @CoachBrianKelly
Brian Kelly
Great pic of our throwback Adidas uniforms. «@NDFBEquipment ...here is the complete UTL uniform for week 2 http://t.co/JA1J6HU»
Coach is a little more into style than I am. That's probably a good thing.

Diaco Likes Depth at Will: http://t.co/WbQfleH

* nd_news Notre Dame News
Mass spectrometry and imaging facilities enable cancer cell discovery http://t.co/NSF2RBS #notredame
Come to Notre Dame. Where cancer was cured.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
Bounce back.
MY man. Short and to the point(less).

Happy tweeting.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Kapron Lewis-Moore

KLM_89 kapron lewis-moore
just weighed in at 301. haha came a long way since my freshman 220 lb frame haha!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDfootball533 View Post
Kapron Lewis-Moore

KLM_89 kapron lewis-moore
just weighed in at 301. haha came a long way since my freshman 220 lb frame haha!
Our D line is going to be sick!

Sick I tell you!!!

KLM still has 2 years left, does he not?

"It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it. "
Knute Rockne

Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
At the tweet-light's last tweeting:

* @CoachBrianKelly
Brian Kelly
Great pic of our throwback Adidas uniforms. «@NDFBEquipment ...here is the complete UTL uniform for week 2 http://t.co/JA1J6HU»
Coach is a little more into style than I am. That's probably a good thing.

Diaco Likes Depth at Will: http://t.co/WbQfleH

* nd_news Notre Dame News
Mass spectrometry and imaging facilities enable cancer cell discovery http://t.co/NSF2RBS #notredame
Come to Notre Dame. Where cancer was cured.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox
Bounce back.
MY man. Short and to the point(less).

Happy tweeting.
I love the color of the pants on the Michigan game uni.

Regular color...