Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Default What Clemson fans are saying

I always like to just keep in touch with how our opponents see us and the game afterwards so here is what they are saying:

Quote:
Serious question... at full strength are ND even close to Clemson ???
45 views | 1 replies | Watch Topic

User Logo dkmoore1975 posted moments ago
CU Guru [1929 pts / 93%]
Defense is hurt badly and no way on this planet they can score 20 points on our full starting D.

Offensively DJ is really good but he isnít a threat running and gets antsy when he needs to take off. TL is soooo good at seeing those lanes and getting chunk yards when play isnít there, DJ canít do that yet but will one day. Offense easily hangs 40-50 on ND full strength.

Surely the analyst and pundits know this. Clemson is superior in every way and with mostly 2nd team/3rd team players almost won this game.... should have won this game 🐅🏈

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/threa...#ixzz6dDWCdBSL

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-08-2020, 03:23 PM
Domer Domain Junior

34 yards in 33 carries last night. Do any of you seriously
465 views | 4 replies | Watch Topic

User Logo Ridgeland Boosterģ posted 28 minutes ago
All-TigerNet [14053 pts / 100%]
think we can win a natty with the O Line we have? It doesn't matter what calls Elliott makes. It doesn't matter what defense BV puts out on the field. If we can't get 1 yard to extend a game-killing drive in 3 plays, we deserve to lose.

I don't think ND is elite, either. They would get crushed by either O310 St. or Bama.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/threa...#ixzz6dDX4k3u3
Old 11-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Domer Domain All American

All that maters is what happens on the field. Their QB played as well as their starter. TL has only thrown for over 400 once. Maybe the exchange between the QB and Etienne wouldíve been better. We were without Lenny and a few others too. Next man in. It is hard to beat the same team twice in a year. I hope we both end up in the playoffs. Be nice to stay in ACC.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I get it their fans are frustrated and we would have been just as upset had we lost. However since when is three starters their entire D? Hell they plugged those holes with at least two 5 star replacements. ND also left anywhere from 11-15 points on the board in self inflicted mistakes. Never mind two of ND vertical threats at WR were out.

Iím not buying their D would have done much more against ND with their precious missing three-man D. As ND says next man in. Guess thatís not their fans philosophy at Clemson.

TR would have and will be a more difficult challenge based on his experience but DJ played great. Do Nd win in a rematch maybe, maybe not. All I know is that last night they won. Knocked a monkey off their back and should have the confidence to compete with the elite and even win.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:30 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I get the comments about missing Lawrence, and maybe they hit a few more big plays if he's in there. I think on the other hand our DL would attack him differently and maybe rush upheld more aggressively. But hard to imagine a QB playing much better than DJ did.

What is missing from the narrative is we were missing our 3 best vertical WR threats in Lenzy and Austin. Maybe we hit a few more big plays, too, with their speed in there.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

I'm not sure that Lawrence would have been able to pass for more yards than DJ did. Lawrence would have had to perform better as we pretty much shut down the running game.

Our OL and RBs were playing pretty well. Williams powered both OT TDs from 3 and 4 yards out when the defense knew we were going to play smash mouth football.

I think regardless of who we play this year, a win like this will be a big confidence booster such that we will believe we can compete with any team.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

The bandwagon Clemson fans who arrived post 2015 are hilarious. Their tears taste delicious.

Apparently only they had injuries. Apparently only we got luck. Apparently only they got penalties....f them.

Late in the game, a total missed facemask on our guy not called.

Late in the game, PI on Ben, flag thrown but Dabo shows zero class and goes ballastic on the refs and they pick up the flag...that was a critical no call.

They should also consider themselves VERY luckly on the Book fumble...he was going into the endzone. At the very least, we are on the three and eventually score and take the lead.

They mocked us...and said they destroy us....and bam, we punched them right back in the mouth and manhandled them. And got the deserved win.

PS oh yeah, F "big dave". Sick and tired of seeing/hearing about him.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN View Post
I get it their fans are frustrated and we would have been just as upset had we lost. However since when is three starters their entire D? Hell they plugged those holes with at least two 5 star replacements. ND also left anywhere from 11-15 points on the board in self inflicted mistakes. Never mind two of ND vertical threats at WR were out.

Iím not buying their D would have done much more against ND with their precious missing three-man D. As ND says next man in. Guess thatís not their fans philosophy at Clemson.

TR would have and will be a more difficult challenge based on his experience but DJ played great. Do Nd win in a rematch maybe, maybe not. All I know is that last night they won. Knocked a monkey off their back and should have the confidence to compete with the elite and even win.
Sorry, for keep to responding to your post. But I do try to be objective about what I see. Even it means being a pessimist/realist.
You saw what happened when Myron went down for two games. Teams were able to run on us. And he's not even a 5 star stud like there guys. Not only did they lose their best D-lineman, but they lost their best linebacker and they didn't have their defensive coordinator who directs the defense in their other linebacker. That's the gut of their defense. They also had one safety out during the first half for targeting. Not sure if he made a difference but we surely didn't score in the second half when he came back. So, Sure they have 5 star backups in. But they are still just frosh. So, I pump the brakes at least a little when it seems like it doesn't matter who they had out there.
Great game, fans are going to complain, i'm sure we would of too if we lost that game the same way if we had JOK, Book, Hinish, and White were out.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:47 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
I get the comments about missing Lawrence, and maybe they hit a few more big plays if he's in there. I think on the other hand our DL would attack him differently and maybe rush upheld more aggressively. But hard to imagine a QB playing much better than DJ did.

What is missing from the narrative is we were missing our 3 best vertical WR threats in Lenzy and Austin. Maybe we hit a few more big plays, too, with their speed in there.
I agree about Lenzy being out. No so much about Austin. The guy's only seen the field for one game this year and didn't do anything.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Sorry, for keep to responding to your post. But I do try to be objective about what I see. Even it means being a pessimist/realist.
You saw what happened when Myron went down for two games. Teams were able to run on us. And he's not even a 5 star stud like there guys. Not only did they lose their best D-lineman, but they lost their best linebacker and they didn't have their defensive coordinator who directs the defense in their other linebacker. That's the gut of their defense. They also had one safety out during the first half for targeting. Not sure if he made a difference but we surely didn't score in the second half when he came back. So, Sure they have 5 star backups in. But they are still just frosh. So, I pump the brakes at least a little when it seems like it doesn't matter who they had out there.
Great game, fans are going to complain, i'm sure we would of too if we lost that game the same way if we had JOK, Book, Hinish, and White were out.
No worries at all. Thatís why we type here right? Otherwise we are talking to ourselves.

I get it and all your points make sense. However, weíre we not without Austin and Lenzy. While they had yet to do much of anything this year they still have the potential to by dynamic playmakers that can stretch him the field.

Did Clemsonís players absence impact their D? I am sure it did. Hopefully we will get to see by how much in Dec.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Somehow, despite the Clemson fans, I still feel freakiní great today
Old 11-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

What gets me about the injuries to Clemson is the assumption we would have somehow utilized the same game plan had the injuries not been a factor. When a player get hurts during the game, do you not try to take advantage of his replacement? Also, I thought Clemson never had to rebuild.... only reload? I'm not saying Notre Dame has arrived and is elite, but this game shows that they're a very good team that can play well on a big stage. Not always... but this time they did. I, for one, am really enjoying this season. I like the being part of a conference business. I've been a fan of joining a conference for a long time. You play for something besides a National Championship.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoCroatian View Post
The bandwagon Clemson fans who arrived post 2015 are hilarious. Their tears taste delicious.

Apparently only they had injuries. Apparently only we got luck. Apparently only they got penalties....f them.

Late in the game, PI on Ben, flag thrown but Dabo shows zero class and goes ballastic on the refs and they pick up the flag...that was a critical no call.

They should also consider themselves VERY luckly on the Book fumble...he was going into the endzone. At the very least, we are on the three and eventually score and take the lead.

They mocked us...and said they destroy us....and bam, we punched them right back in the mouth and manhandled them. And got the deserved win.

Someone gets this man a drink!
Cheers mate
Old 11-09-2020, 01:53 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Oh TigerNet....
Them olí southern boys on there have lost their minds. I just looked and itís since been deleted but this morning there was a thread on how ND should be forced to forfeit for storming the field after the win. Theyíre still going about how there was no security there to stop the students from storming the field, not sure how they would stopped 11k-12k people with a few dozen security guards but yeah sure
Old 11-09-2020, 02:55 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgov12 View Post
Oh TigerNet....
Them olí southern boys on there have lost their minds. I just looked and itís since been deleted but this morning there was a thread on how ND should be forced to forfeit for storming the field after the win. Theyíre still going about how there was no security there to stop the students from storming the field, not sure how they would stopped 11k-12k people with a few dozen security guards but yeah sure
If they are really worried about Covid maybe they should start looking at their own. Hell every time they showed Venables on TV his mask was off. I think he has it dangling just so he can say he had one.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFA03_HUGENDFAN View Post
If they are really worried about Covid maybe they should start looking at their own. Hell every time they showed Venables on TV his mask was off. I think he has it dangling just so he can say he had one.
What Dabo wears isnít a mask either... Not that I care since those guys see each other all the time, but nonetheless, Dabo isnít wearing a mask that is effective. Why the hell do they have TL on the sideline with Covid? Or did he have a negative test?
Old 11-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
What Dabo wears isnít a mask either... Not that I care since those guys see each other all the time, but nonetheless, Dabo isnít wearing a mask that is effective. Why the hell do they have TL on the sideline with Covid? Or did he have a negative test?
Because he is past his quarantine window and is free to be a part of the world again.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGoldenDomer View Post
Because he is past his quarantine window and is free to be a part of the world again.
Wasn't sure...never heard if he had a negative test. If he was past his quarantine, why didn't he play? That's what's confusing... Maybe wasn't allowed in team meetings early in the week, I guess...
Old 11-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't sure...never heard if he had a negative test. If he was past his quarantine, why didn't he play? That's what's confusing... Maybe wasn't allowed in team meetings early in the week, I guess...
Something with the ACC heart protocols. Dabo said earlier the week that he wouldnít of had enough time to get all of done. They had to role with DJ and get him ready instead of a last minute attempt with Lawrence. Just couldnít happen in time for the heart testing.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
He had to pass a battery of respiratory tests to ensure he was in game shape. Timing from end of quarantine to testing and game day were just too close to allow him to play.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:28 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoCroatian View Post

Could not have said it better! 100% agree. Actually, Dabo should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on the PI call for jawing at the refs and clearly stepping on the field! He should in the least get a reprimand from the ACC!
Old 11-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

The more Clemson fans whine and complain ....the BETTER!!

aloha
Old 11-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

A more entertaining flavor is "what is the media saying"? Spoiler alert: says ND fans are irresponsible for celebrating their upset over Clemson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...qQw?li=BBnbfcL

Went back through the archives and I don't see any articles claiming how reckless it was to gather by the hundreds or thousands to protest as BLM/Antifa and to collectively gather for the age old fun of destroying businesses and livelihoods over the past several months.

That's so weird. Privileged kids protesting law enforcement = ok. College students enjoying football = not ok. Noted.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 11-09-2020, 11:44 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
A more entertaining flavor is "what is the media saying"? Spoiler alert: says ND fans are irresponsible for celebrating their upset over Clemson.

Went back through the archives and I don't see any articles claiming how reckless it was to gather by the hundreds or thousands to protest as BLM/Antifa and to collectively gather for the age old fun of destroying businesses and livelihoods over the past several months.

That's so weird. Privileged kids protesting law enforcement = ok. College students enjoying football = not ok. Noted.
Letís not forget all the celebrations on Saturday after the election was called. I didnít see one media source talking about how those crowds should be social distancing etc.

Guess the seriousness of the whole thing only matters when it is convenient.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:46 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post

I saw several posts on FaceBook about this right after the game.
I responded with links to photos of the thousands of people in New York and DC celebrating the Biden election and asked, shouldn't adults be held to the same standards as college kids? If people are going to be critical of the college kids, they should be critical of the adults. Heck, Mayor de Blasio of NYC was taking selfies with people in the crowds, even wrapping his exposed bare arms and hands around people's waists and shoulders. No social distancing there! But I digress. This is for the Open Forum I suppose.