Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 12-22-2019, 02:49 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I think Jim2 and Elder should just direct message each other on this one...can we close the thread?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizz View Post
I think Jim2 and Elder should just direct message each other on this one...can we close the thread?
Itís not like this is off topic, itís a political thread
Old 12-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Itís not like this is off topic, itís a political thread
But clearly you think leftist are crazy and you have strong opinions that are not going to deter on any issue that doesn't fit your narrative. Jim has strong opinions too. You guys could talk till 2030 and not convince the other of your opinion. It's the holidays, relax and enjoy!
Old 01-11-2020, 07:09 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
Your attitude in this thread is an example of the reason I will vote for my first republican presidential candidate. Democrats have gone insane.
Nevermind, I am just going to leave this alone. Please though review the post you quoted, which was totally peaceful. Also, please do not make me your maker as well. I don’t have that much power.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-11-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
. I work hard for my $ and I want to keep it. Iím not having 5% of my pay go to free college just some little s**thead can major in Gender Studies for free. So, itís very likely Iíll vote for Trump again.
i always laugh at this. your taxes are never going down! if your hard earned dollars aren't paying for free college those dollars will spent elsewhere on Wars and rebuilding other countries, etc..........

Old 01-16-2020, 05:04 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_ND View Post
i always laugh at this. your taxes are never going down! if your hard earned dollars aren't paying for free college those dollars will spent elsewhere on Wars and rebuilding other countries, etc..........
I can live with that. I just canít stomach sending some little soy boy dbag to college for free so he can get his Gender Studies degree.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default College

If your post was pointed toward me, I have a degree.
The last thing I wanted in the last election was another damn professional politician. One that lies and has sold his soul to his donors and pollical friends.
Obama wasn`t rich but after 8 years he has two homes worth $25 million. How did that happen?
Trump is still working on draining the swamp. Just think what could get done for us and our country without the Democrats.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:02 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaDuck View Post
If your post was pointed toward me, I have a degree.
The last thing I wanted in the last election was another damn professional politician. One that lies and has sold his soul to his donors and pollical friends.
Obama wasn`t rich but after 8 years he has two homes worth $25 million. How did that happen?
Trump is still working on draining the swamp. Just think what could get done for us and our country without the Democrats.
No doubt about Obama. I actually agree with you that he should not get 500k gigs after being president. He was a good president though and got the country out of the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression. However, you makes some sense... Until you actually think that Trump is draining the swamp. Please go first and tell me how this is happening so I can understand your logic, before I respond about how he has further deepened this swamp. I want to know your baseline.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:22 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I can live with that. I just can’t stomach sending some little soy boy dbag to college for free so he can get his Gender Studies degree.
Right! And I can’t get with supporting someone who eats **** all day healthcare costs with my insurance costs!

I eat that tofu on the reg son. What am I? Lean mean fighting machine! My daughter does too, she’s 99.5 percentile height, 76% weight with 7% percentile BMI. Maybe you need a college education, gender studies or whatever to give you just a little boost on the generalizations.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-18-2020 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:16 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
Right! And I canít get with supporting someone who eats **** all day healthcare costs with my insurance costs!

I eat that tofu on the reg son. What am I? Lean mean fighting machine! My daughter does too, sheís 99.5 percentile height, 76% weight with 7% percentile BMI. Maybe you need a college education, gender studies or whatever to give you just a little boost on the generalizations.
You know Soy boy doesnít literally mean you only eat soy, itís another term for beta male or cuck. And you shouldnít try to get into a dik measuring contest with me. Iím only 5í9íí 175, but I bench 315, and have a fairly visible 6 pack.

And I also donít want to pay for some fat azzís health insurance, which is why Iím probably voting for Trump.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

And how did I go from scrawny kid to muscular? Pulled myself up by my bootstraps with my Republican work ethic. I didnít b1tch about how unfair it was or accuse ppl of body shaming, I got my azz to the gym.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:29 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
You know Soy boy doesnít literally mean you only eat soy, itís another term for beta male or cuck. And you shouldnít try to get into a dik measuring contest with me. Iím only 5í9íí 175, but I bench 315, and have a fairly visible 6 pack.

And I also donít want to pay for some fat azzís health insurance, which is why Iím probably voting for Trump.
I am sure you are bigger than my 2 yr old lol.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

LOL. internet tough guy!
You will always be paying for someone else's poor habits with or without the "Affordable" Care Act. Health insurance is a scam and always will be.

Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
AND they put 1.1% of their GDP into defense spending.
If Europe met the measly 2% agreed-upon goal their entire social structure would change.
The military industrial complex is obscene.

I'd flip it the other way. If the US spent 2% as opposed to 3.2% maybe that money could be put into education. The sheer amount of waste in the military is off the richter scale.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious_ND View Post
LOL. internet tough guy!
You will always be paying for someone else's poor habits with or without the "Affordable" Care Act. Health insurance is a scam and always will be.
I can live with paying for Universal HC, but I canít stomach paying some spoiled little b1tchís tuition so they can get a useless degree and enter the real world with zero job skills. Iím so tired of these coddled pvssies that feel entitled for something they didnít earn.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:48 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Itís also funny how totally silent the legacy media is after 2 Sanders Staff members (not just supporters, but actual employees) were exposed as far left communists who support gulags.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
The military industrial complex is obscene.

I'd flip it the other way. If the US spent 2% as opposed to 3.2% maybe that money could be put into education. The sheer amount of waste in the military is off the richter scale.
About 25% of US spending on defense goes to paychecks and retirement benefits. That doesn't even include healthcare (https://www.pgpf.org/budget-basics/b...tional-defense). People forget about that and think that almost all of it goes into weaponry. Clearly there is waste in spending in the military. Always has been and always will be, just like all of government. Every US governmental agency has tremendous waste, and fraud is a big part of that.

Europe has relied on the US to provide a deterrent to Soviet aggression since WWII. If the US spent 2% on military, the world would likely already have been overrun by heads of state who want a very different world. The Soviet Union would likely still be what it was; Russia would be crazy more aggressive than it is now. Look at Estonia and Latvia. If we weren't spending what we spend, we would have little to no presence there. Those countries would be part of Russia today.
We can talk about spending more money on things like education. But it's always just talk. Kind of like state and national lotteries providing money for education. Supposed to do it, but don't.
I believe we could spend more money on social structures and institutions. If we are willing to sacrifice Europe to Russian and Chinese aggression because we don't spend what we do on the military, and Europe won't spend what they should, then fine. Take that money and put it into education or other social structures.
The better alternative, I believe, is to identify fraud and abuse wherever it occurs (military spending, governmental agencies, healthcare expenditures, etc) and minimize that. Take that money and use it more effectively.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:25 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Take that money and use it more effectively.
Like partisan impeachments with no basis for the impeachment itself?
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Clearly there is waste in spending in the military. Always has been and always will be, just like all of government. Every US governmental agency has tremendous waste, and fraud is a big part of that.

I agree with you to a point and perhaps 2% is too low. However the proposed defense budget for 2020 is $718 billion and I'll be tickled if you could stand there with straight face and say every dollar of that is well spent.

You read the current updates on programmes like the F-35 and just think wtf is going on. All these contractors are so cosy with the Pentagon they may as well be kissing cousins. The sheer, vast amount of waste in defense boggles the mind. And they still can't pay the veterans!

Trump even said it with the new version of Air Force 1 that Boeing were bending them over the table for. How the fcuk is this plane costing so much money!?!? And you know what - they backed down and offered a major discount. I'd imagine you could could 20% of that budget if this was a private enterprise and still have plenty fat left for those corporations to chew on.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...-jet-pentagon/

https://fee.org/articles/the-f-35-pr...aste-of-money/

Quote:
The US government spends more on defense than any other country in the world—by far. In fact, it spends about as much as the next eight countries combined. That is to say, the US defense budget is approximately equal to the combined defense budgets of China, Saudi Arabia, India, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.

Last edited by Soko; 01-25-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:35 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
I agree with you to a point and perhaps 2% is too low. However the proposed defense budget for 2020 is $718 billion and I'll be tickled if you could stand there with straight face and say every dollar of that is well spent.

You read the current updates on programmes like the F-35 and just think wtf is going on. All these contractors are so cosy with the Pentagon they may as well be kissing cousins. The sheer, vast amount of waste in defense boggles the mind. And they still can't pay the veterans!

Trump even said it with the new version of Air Force 1 that Boeing were bending them over the table for. How the fcuk is this plane costing so much money!?!? And you know what - they backed down and offered a major discount. I'd imagine you could could 20% of that budget if this was a private enterprise and still have plenty fat left for those corporations to chew on.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...-jet-pentagon/

https://fee.org/articles/the-f-35-pr...aste-of-money/
Defense is always the big boogeyman, I get it but like KG said there is corruption EVERYWHERE. That has to stop and people need to be held accountable when it happens. This is the problem with government and money, its not their money and they can and do spend it how they want without much consequences. I baffles my mind that people want to give more control to the government for everything.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:01 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
About 25% of US spending on defense goes to paychecks and retirement benefits. That doesn't even include healthcare (https://www.pgpf.org/budget-basics/b...tional-defense). People forget about that and think that almost all of it goes into weaponry. Clearly there is waste in spending in the military. Always has been and always will be, just like all of government. Every US governmental agency has tremendous waste, and fraud is a big part of that.

Europe has relied on the US to provide a deterrent to Soviet aggression since WWII. If the US spent 2% on military, the world would likely already have been overrun by heads of state who want a very different world. The Soviet Union would likely still be what it was; Russia would be crazy more aggressive than it is now. Look at Estonia and Latvia. If we weren't spending what we spend, we would have little to no presence there. Those countries would be part of Russia today.
We can talk about spending more money on things like education. But it's always just talk. Kind of like state and national lotteries providing money for education. Supposed to do it, but don't.
I believe we could spend more money on social structures and institutions. If we are willing to sacrifice Europe to Russian and Chinese aggression because we don't spend what we do on the military, and Europe won't spend what they should, then fine. Take that money and put it into education or other social structures.
The better alternative, I believe, is to identify fraud and abuse wherever it occurs (military spending, governmental agencies, healthcare expenditures, etc) and minimize that. Take that money and use it more effectively.
Thatís kind of the point. Thatís why Iím a libertarian (not a liberal).

When has the government EVER run anything lean and mean? In fact, everything it gets it teeth into ends up inefficient and corrupt
Old 01-26-2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
As a Canadian watching from the outside, curious to know how Trump supporters are feeling about recent events. Still feel as strongly as you did when you voted him in?
You canít look at it in a vacuum. Yes, I support him, because there is no reasonable alternative. Hillary was no alternative... Her and her clan point fingers at Trump hoping you wonít notice how horrible they are. And to watch our news media parrot the lines the DNC goves them is sickening. It is obvious when they repeat the exact same phrase over and over per show that you hear multiple DNC members say. They donít even use synonyms, because they figure if they repeat the same phrase over and over, it will burn into someoneís conscience. The current field for the DNC is even worse than Saudi/China/Russian-paid Hillary. Funny how her charity dried up btw when she didnít have influence to peddle. Now, we turn our eyes towards Biden who made $8M from corrupt Ukrainians and has horrible policies, Bernie who is a commie, Warren who is a pathological liar and a commie, and Buttigieg who is well thought but damaged goods in the black community.

Trump has rebuilt an American economy that shouldíve have returned much faster if Obama had gotten his foot off the brake with his liberal policies. Trump had the balls to go to economic war with everyone so that Americans donít have to subsidize the rest of the world and its showing with historically low unemployment, historically high labor participation, wages are increasing exponentially (even tho Dems would have u believe that only government could force wages higher), Trump expanded paid maternity, reformed our justice system to shorten sentences for non-violent offenders, hit Iran right where it hurts, and other things I canít rememeber off the too of my head.

But what we get from Dems is a hurried impeachment that developed zero admissible facts in court with two charges of impeachment that are hardly crimes, let alone impeachable, and a Speaker who claimed rushing the process was essential for national security only to stop the process for a month, likely to screw over Bernie and Warren. As an attorney, I can tell you that this impeachment rises to such a level that Schiff and his crew should be disbarred. It is gross misconduct. Theyíre ultimately claiming that if you admit to being corrupt on TV like Biden did, or hell even if there was a suspicion of illegal activities, you arenít allowed to investigate them if the target is a political opponent. Only Washington politicians could come up with something so asinine to protect themselves... The same politicians who tell literally everyone else and all other federal employees they have to be subject to Obamacare, but not them...they grt their own special insurance.

I donít like Trump. Heís the stereotypical 80s country club bad guy, but his policies are better than any other candidate the Dems can find. Funny how they slander one of the most legitimate candidates in Tulsi Gabbard... That party is just nasty, and theyíre hacked emails exposed them in 2016 to show how overtly racist and corrupt they were. The only reason they label Trump racist or a Russian asset is because the polls tell them those labels resonate best, not because the Dems have policies worth anything...

Btw, how do you deal with Trudeau...? Lord, the guy blamed the US for that plane getting shot down. Not Iran for continuously provoking us by killing our soldiers. Not Iran for irresponsibly firing the missiles. Not Iran for allowing the plane to depart in the first place. No, he planes the US who finally took a stand to reprimand them for decades of horrible deeds. Heís be a horrible parent...

If youíre watching our politics, watch how Dems always speak in terms or emotions and feelings or use charged words. Then, look at the RNC that talks in terms of laws, rules, objectivity... Trumpís an outlier in that regard, but look at the RNC generally. They dont say ďwe believe xyz should happen.Ē They say it is or it isnít, which is how the law and fact finding works...Feelings muddies the water so people stay emotional and keep people in power who have no solutions. When you hear Dems talk about white privilege or the racist social structure that burdens minorities, youíre hearing people build a narrative so that folks keep voting for them...its a narrative similar to alien conspiracy theorists except the basis of the issue is more socially acceptable. But, it simply isnít true, and all you have to do is look to the Asian, Indian, and born-in-Africa communities to understand that. These three groups excel in this country and disproportionately are represented in the field of medicine in a good way, because America provides everything you need to succeed regardless of color. You just have to be willing to go get it, though I understand thatís difficult when entire communities have broken families, but thatís a matter of personal responsibility and accountability, not the problem of a ďracistĒ system where people who are equally minorities can succeed. The failing communities look too often to government to solve their problems...the other minority communities historically distrust government and proactively take action and succeed.

Politics is a dirty business but we needed someone like Trump to have a street brawl with these folks to make them show their true colors. Itís clear as day if you pay attention that the Dems have no real answers and make everything a political point or show. Meanwhile, theyíre scared as hell, because Trump is polling almost three times higher with the black community as any Republican candidate in modern history. That seriously undercuts the DNC base. If that holds, the DNC is gonna get wiped out, so theyíre just building campaign sound bites with their impeachment game that they can show on TV nextvyear. Thatís how atrocious and offensive this is. Itís also comical to watch a Dem talk about national security. Theyre the anti-security party - remove military funding, refuse to charge criminals or put them in jail, open borders... Thereís a credibility problem if ur a Dem and trying to cry about national security.

Anyway, thereís a splashdown to answer your question. When Dems get serious about heloing the country, maybe Iíll consider their candidate. Until then, not a chance... And, itís nothing to do with partisan politics...itís everything to do with actual policies that help the country versus the crap put forth by Dems. If they had a good idea, Iíd support it, but itís few and far between. They simply canít govern.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizz View Post
Thatís kind of the point. Thatís why Iím a libertarian (not a liberal).

When has the government EVER run anything lean and mean? In fact, everything it gets it teeth into ends up inefficient and corrupt
The government is only efficient when it has a natural predator, like the military or NASA....NASA is still a stretch.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:04 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The government is only efficient when it has a natural predator, like the military or NASA....NASA is still a stretch.
Efficient yes. Lean no.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:06 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
The military is bloated beyond belief. However to say otherwise would make you "unpatriotic".

I think aiming to not waste billions of dollars everywhere is actually a pretty patriotic thing in my mind.