Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 01:32 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default Lenzy needs to be on the field

He is the fastest receiver since fuller(maybe faster) and that speed opens up so much. Not only do the safeties have to stay back and shade away from Claypool, but I noticed when they put him in motion and faked a roll out option, 3 Navy defenders stayed watching him while Jones gained 8 yards up the middle. Those defender would normally crash down on the run, but had to respect that speed, especially after that TD. I donít care if he lines up outside, in the slot etc, but keep him on the field for most snaps . Every defense has noticed this speed by now.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-17-2019, 03:52 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangordersmustache View Post
He is the fastest receiver since fuller(maybe faster) and that speed opens up so much. Not only do the safeties have to stay back and shade away from Claypool, but I noticed when they put him in motion and faked a roll out option, 3 Navy defenders stayed watching him while Jones gained 8 yards up the middle. Those defender would normally crash down on the run, but had to respect that speed, especially after that TD. I donít care if he lines up outside, in the slot etc, but keep him on the field for most snaps . Every defense has noticed this speed by now.
Sadly we use him and skills when we didnít need to. We could had surprised Michigan or Georgia with his straight line speed. But we used it against a slow Navy team. Well, they did use him on an end around against USC.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:08 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Agree Colt, the USC play could have and should have been his coming out party. All this crap all the time of them doing the right thing in practice and consistency blah blah blah. The kid is 4.2-4.3 40, get the kid on the field and let him scare the defense even if heís a decoy. Finke, doesnít do that.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:19 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Agree Colt, the USC play could have and should have been his coming out party. All this crap all the time of them doing the right thing in practice and consistency blah blah blah. The kid is 4.2-4.3 40, get the kid on the field and let him scare the defense even if he’s a decoy. Finke, doesn’t do that.
hes has 4.4 masking him 2nd fastest on the team to troy pride
http://www.onefootdown.com/2019/4/26...-are-the-irish

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 11-17-2019, 04:34 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Pride must be just a track guy. Doesnít play as fast as that 40. Lenzy seems to play fast too. Feel 4.4 is a slow time for him looking at his high school track records.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:42 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Looked up high school track times and seems like 40s might show the story as far as that goes. Pride 10.55, Lenzy 10.66.. 200 meters times were vary close. Makes me think Lenzy might have slightly better top end speed. Both have world class speed. Hope we keep recruiting track guys every year.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Fuller is definitely faster than Lenzy. But I still love his spwed and he needs to play more
Old 11-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Fuller is the fastest WR not named Rocket that I have seen. Fullers speed is effortless, and he could cut and accelerate. Iíd like to compare top end speeds of the two. Not sure Lenzy is as quick, but pure top end speed it might be close. He made a lot of good athletes on USC look like they were standing still.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Fuller is the fastest WR not named Rocket that I have seen. Fullers speed is effortless, and he could cut and accelerate. Iíd like to compare top end speeds of the two. Not sure Lenzy is as quick, but pure top end speed it might be close. He made a lot of good athletes on USC look like they were standing still.
Fastest Iíve ever seen at ND was Rocket. Fuller is very very close. Lenzy isnít quite on their levels but he is definitely a weapon. This is another one of my reasons for not liking BK. Other teams in CFB find ways to get guys like Lenzy on the field and the ball in space. Whether that is on kick offs, punt returns, handoffs, or throwing the ball downfield. It is embarrassing how little Lenzy has been on the files and how few times he has actually been targeted. So frustrating.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

https://forum.uhnd.com/forum/index.p...6&msgid=284651

Some times for comparison...
Old 11-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Fastest Iíve ever seen at ND was Rocket. Fuller is very very close. Lenzy isnít quite on their levels but he is definitely a weapon. This is another one of my reasons for not liking BK. Other teams in CFB find ways to get guys like Lenzy on the field and the ball in space. Whether that is on kick offs, punt returns, handoffs, or throwing the ball downfield. It is embarrassing how little Lenzy has been on the files and how few times he has actually been targeted. So frustrating.
Kid is just a Redshirt Frosh and had 23 catches coming into the game yesterday. Don't know his rush yardage but he's certainly been used. Further what do you do with Claypool and Kmet if you focus on Lenzy in the passing game? Balance seems to be working out ok and we'll see what next year brings when Claypool has graduated. The 70 yarder was a thing of beauty though and likely to see again in the remaining games. GO IRISH!
Old 11-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish View Post
Kid is just a Redshirt Frosh and had 23 catches coming into the game yesterday. Don't know his rush yardage but he's certainly been used. Further what do you do with Claypool and Kmet if you focus on Lenzy in the passing game? Balance seems to be working out ok and we'll see what next year brings when Claypool has graduated. The 70 yarder was a thing of beauty though and likely to see again in the remaining games. GO IRISH!
You donít have to throw it to him often, just the idea of him running a post keeps the safeties honest. Mightíve helped vs Michigan when they didnít respect anything over the top.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:48 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish View Post
You donít replace those guy, just make sure Lenzy is on the field. Keeps safeties honest, and helps the run game also. Put him in motion and linebackers have to watch him rather then just attack the rb.. Claypool and Kmet are still our best options, Lenzy helps them be more dangerous.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:09 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
You donít replace those guy, just make sure Lenzy is on the field. Keeps safeties honest, and helps the run game also. Put him in motion and linebackers have to watch him rather then just attack the rb.. Claypool and Kmet are still our best options, Lenzy helps them be more dangerous.
This. My point from above I was trying to get at.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:57 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/blspeedy2...181135361?s=20

I hate to speculate but if I had to I would guess Kelly saying he was fatigued was a cover for him being disciplined. I always have a bad feeling with these speed guys since a good majority have transferred.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:35 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Looked up high school track times and seems like 40s might show the story as far as that goes. Pride 10.55, Lenzy 10.66.. 200 meters times were vary close. Makes me think Lenzy might have slightly better top end speed. Both have world class speed. Hope we keep recruiting track guys every year.
It's fast but 10.55 is not "world class" speed. That is still half a second faster
Old 11-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post

I hate to speculate but if I had to I would guess Kelly saying he was fatigued was a cover for him being disciplined. I always have a bad feeling with these speed guys since a good majority have transferred.
He must be ok, since he played on Sat. If he was upset over being disciplined, I doubt weíd see him the rest of the yr.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
He must be ok, since he played on Sat. If he was upset over being disciplined, I doubt weíd see him the rest of the yr.
Found this on another board but heís since taken it down from twitter but it is still on his instagram.

I would agree but he posted this after the Navy game which makes me think it was a shot at BK. He clearly does not feel like he was Ďfatiguedí and we all know Kelly will take action when a player slights him in any way.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:22 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I would replace number 10 with literally anyone
Old 11-19-2019, 02:48 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Found this on another board but heís since taken it down from twitter but it is still on his instagram.

I would agree but he posted this after the Navy game which makes me think it was a shot at BK. He clearly does not feel like he was Ďfatiguedí and we all know Kelly will take action when a player slights him in any way.
Great, now we wonít see him till his senior year for mop up duty.. or he transfers
Old 11-19-2019, 04:59 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyisNasty View Post
I would replace number 10 with literally anyone
He was terrible early. But he's playing well the last few games
Old 11-19-2019, 05:00 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

What did it say
Old 11-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
It helps when the talent of the competition goes down.

No way should Finke be starting. He would not even see the field at any other top ten school.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
What did it say
It had a picture of his touchdown and said: fatigued....
Old 11-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Funny how people coach better & play better when they are going against less talented teams...

Perhaps we can request that Swarbrick only schedule easy teams to play in the future.