Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 12:10 AM
Domer Domain All American

Default C'Bo over Jafar?

The depth chart at RB seemed to be

Jones Jr.
Flemister
Armstrong Or Smith

I wonder if that was because they knew it be a pass protection game or if C'Bo has really jumped Armstrong because of Armstrong's struggles lately?

C'Bo was a guy who we recruited late who had a ton of yards in one of Georgia's lesser known high school levels, but he runs hard, and falls forward.

If thats the case I feel like Jafar will be a slot receiver and a good one heading into next season.

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-17-2019, 12:21 AM

I like what I’ve seen from Smith so I was surprised we haven’t seen more of him. Davis is our only back with home run speed and has good hands but we don’t see him often either. I assume Davis may have trouble in pass pro.

C’bo seems like a tough kid but in reality he should be playing at a place like Duke. As for Armstrong, I think he’s on the outside looking in at slot with Lenzy and Keys. I don’t think he has a future at running back with his soft running.

This lack of a running game will be fine for the last two weeks but I have a feeling it will expose us in the bowl game.

Last edited by ndomer4; 11-17-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
I like what Iíve seen from Smith so I was surprised we havenít seen more of him. Davis is our only back with home run speed and has good hands but we donít see him often either. I assume Davis may have trouble in pass pro.

Cíbo seems like a tough kid but in reality he should be playing at a place like Duke. As for Armstrong, I think heís on the outside looking in at slot with Lenzy and Keys. I donít think he has a future at running back with his soft running.

This lack of a running game will be fine for the last two weeks but I have a feeling it will expose us in the bowl game.
Well Davis is a 4.6 too and bounced from QB to RB to CB back to RB so its most likely a small playbook for him.

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 11-17-2019, 01:06 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I have been saying all season I think Cbo is our best pure runner. Jones is the most complete . I like Cboís burst through the hole, and given the opportunity will take it to the house. He may belong at a place like Duke, but thatís our whole RB corp this year. Armstrong isnít fast enough for receiver, doesnít have the power for rb, good hands , but his lack of pure running negates that a little. Still think Cbo develops into a pretty good #2 for us. A real #2, for when we get a real #1 lol. I love Jones, tough , instinctive runner but against elite teams is just too slow. He would be a great #2 change of pace for a playoff team.