Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default Kmet to Return for Senior Season in 2020

Per Pete Sampson

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Exciting news, obviously, but players have said this in the past and have later changed their minds (Will Fuller).

Still, a good sign that Kmet plans to be back. The offense needs all the talent it can get with the loss of Claypool, and Kmet is a HUGE piece.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:05 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

I hope he stays, but wonít hold it against him if he changes his mind.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:19 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

This is huge if he stays. I think with Austin and Lenzy on the outside and this team could be better. At least offensively.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:40 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Great news. Eichenberg said hes coming back too.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:41 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Eichenberg said hes coming back too.
He just wants to set a record for false starts that can never be beaten.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:20 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I'll take him back. We should have our top 6 OL back next year
Old 11-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
LOL

If Kmet and Eichenberg come back, Austin stays, add Tyree and Johnson - this offense could be VERY good next year.

Phil should be starting. I cannot watch another year of Tommy Book playing QB. Watching our offense right now could put you to sleep.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Great news. Eichenberg said hes coming back too.
He needs to. He played himself out of being a 1st round selection, it has not been a good season for him.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBrasco View Post
LOL

If Kmet and Eichenberg come back, Austin stays, add Tyree and Johnson - this offense could be VERY good next year.

Phil should be starting. I cannot watch another year of Tommy Book playing QB. Watching our offense right now could put you to sleep.
I hope both parties decide to part ways after this yr. Book has done well over his career, but heís simply not good enough to be the QB at ND.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I hope both parties decide to part ways after this yr. Book has done well over his career, but heís simply not good enough to be the QB at ND.
Book has only lost 3 games in 1.5 seasons. It's tough to win at ND and a new QB will take too long to get up to speed. There is no guarantee that Phil will win more games and will probably lose more than Book. As a result, Book is the best QB for ND at this time. He just needs another year.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Book has only lost 3 games in 1.5 seasons. It's tough to win at ND and a new QB will take too long to get up to speed. There is no guarantee that Phil will win more games and will probably lose more than Book. As a result, Book is the best QB for ND at this time. He just needs another year.
Except playing QB is not the same level of work as building a Program. Imagine if you lost Book, you also lost the returning OL and most of the skill players.

Last edited by ELDER06; 11-14-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:34 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
I agree with this
Old 11-14-2019, 01:28 AM
Domer Domain All American

Why would he do this? Take the money! Thatís one lost year of income and youth. The point of college is to prepare you for your career. Heís more than prepared... come back later if you want to. That said...Iíll selfishly enjoy watching him.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:25 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Why would he do this? Take the money! Thatís one lost year of income and youth. The point of college is to prepare you for your career. Heís more than prepared... come back later if you want to. That said...Iíll selfishly enjoy watching him.
He wants to play baseball. And play baseball with his brother
Old 11-14-2019, 04:18 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Except playing QB is not the same level of work as building a Program. Imagine if you lost Book, you also lost the returning OL and most of the skill players.
I was merely commenting about the QB situation and whether or not the incumbent should be replaced. Not sure what you are talking about regarding the OL and skill players.

In terms of the QB, it seems that you do not think that Ian Book is the best option for next year. You THINK (maybe HOPE) that Phil would do a better job than Book even though there is no real evidence how Phil will do and Book has only lost 3 games as a starter (all to ranked teams, one in the CFP). You are ready to kick Book (who qualifies at the very least as a "good" QB) to the curb despite pretty good success and go with a QB with very little experience because it is your OPINION that Phil will do a better job. Why risk that Phil might do worse than Ian's 1.5 losses per year based solely on your OPINION that Phil MIGHT be an improvement? Are you basing your OPINION on how Phil performed in High School since surely High School results cannot be used to project how he might do at ND?

Should I call you moronic, stupid, etc. because your OPINION is different than mine?

Last edited by jbrown_9999; 11-14-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:58 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
I was merely commenting about the QB situation and whether or not the incumbent should be replaced. Not sure what you are talking about regarding the OL and skill players.

In terms of the QB, it seems that you do not think that Ian Book is the best option for next year. You THINK (maybe HOPE) that Phil would do a better job than Book even though there is no real evidence how Phil will do and Book has only lost 3 games as a starter (all to ranked teams, one in the CFP). You are ready to kick Book (who qualifies at the very least as a "good" QB) to the curb despite pretty good success and go with a QB with very little experience because it is your OPINION that Phil will do a better job. Why risk that Phil might do worse than Ian's 1.5 losses per year based solely on your OPINION that Phil MIGHT be an improvement? Are you basing your OPINION on how Phil performed in High School since surely High School results cannot be used to project how he might do at ND?

Should I call you moronic, stupid, etc. because your OPINION is different than mine?
Book has reached his ceiling. Possibly regressed (got figured out) from last year. Nothing wrong with wanting someone new in there. In terms of raw talent, Phil has more. So you tell your staff, go develop this kid. Let him have all off season preparing to be the guy. 9 months of development. Theres no excuse for the staff not to have him ready. I appreciate everything Book has done here. But a lot of his success is from the team and program built around him. Wimbush had a very good record too. We have a lot of talent around the qb position. I think it's time for Phil or Brendon to get a shot
Old 11-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Domer Domain All American

Very happy to hear Kmet plans on coming back next season. Offense is much better with him. Besides being a good pass catcher, he literally is almost like another olineman with his build. Great news.