Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default Corners

I remember a few years back when it seemed as if we would never land a single top defensive end. However, we identified this problem and attacked it to the point that our weakness became a strength. The same needs to happen at corner. We have enough three star, developmental types and need to bring in some top talent at corner. It shows just how bare the cupboard must be if Vaughn STILL gets trotted out there every week and gets targeted and beat badly. I have been following the Irish since 1987 and struggle to think of any corner that has been beaten as easily and consistently as Vaughn. Lyght HAS to pick up his recruiting as well as his development and coaching.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Domer Domain All American

Vaughn is terrible but him being on the field has more to do with Kelly and his preference for upperclassmen. I’m sure he displays the ‘traits’ we always hear about as well, unfortunately these traits don’t make him a better corner on the field. He constantly gets beat deep and is probably slower than most tight ends. Bracy should take his place.

I’ll hold off judgement however, recruiting has been weak but Bracy looks good and Griffith might develop into a good corner if they choose to put him there.

Last edited by ndomer4; 11-10-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Yes the corner recruiting has been pretty sub par lately. I've read it's pretty likely that lyght will be replaced this offseason with the hope of a turnaround like were seeing with running backs and lance taylor (at least in terms of recruiting). We have more developmental guys coming in in the next class bit maybe with a new position coach we can get some higher level talent at that position.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goirish83 View Post
Yes the corner recruiting has been pretty sub par lately. I've read it's pretty likely that lyght will be replaced this offseason with the hope of a turnaround like were seeing with running backs and lance taylor (at least in terms of recruiting). We have more developmental guys coming in in the next class bit maybe with a new position coach we can get some higher level talent at that position.
Itís a shame, I think everyone here rooted for Coach Lyght. He is my second favorite player after Rocket.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:37 PM

I think our secondary has generally done a very good job. We're usually draped all over folks. Vaughn was bad last year, which we learned was due to undisclosed injury, but I think he's done a fine job this year.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
I think our secondary has generally done a very good job. We're usually draped all over folks. Vaughn was bad last year, which we learned was due to undisclosed injury, but I think he's done a fine job this year.
Vaughn gets burned and beat a lot. Bracy played much better than him last 2 games