Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 06-28-2020, 11:22 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Someone tell me how this is fair: no attendance at MLB games, but this is totally cool

https://twitter.com/quicktake/status...092894723?s=21
That's the difference between a public and private venue. But I definitely get what you're saying and I agree. Obviously the media with all the amped of Covid news the last 5 days will applaud this as heroic. But Trump holds a rally and it's the great Covid spreader. The hypocrisy is sickening.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-28-2020, 11:47 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
That's the difference between a public and private venue. But I definitely get what you're saying and I agree. Obviously the media with all the amped of Covid news the last 5 days will applaud this as heroic. But Trump holds a rally and it's the great Covid spreader. The hypocrisy is sickening.
I guarantee if the circumstances were the same and this was a 4th of July Parade, the media would kill the crowd.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:34 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Anything about Trump ignoring Russian bounties on troops and posting supporters shouting "White Power"... or is this just a normal Sunday now?
Old 06-29-2020, 12:11 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer Dude View Post
I live 3 miles from Chop. You and Fox News have no clue who these people are.

The best part is the Chop people ran a counter-intelligence operation to identify right-wing infiltrators and once identified ran a name-and-shame campaign leading to some being fired. They were are the mic calling out the names of all the people hiding behind masks trying to create havoc - gotta love Seattle.

The small minority actively supporting this president will have the same treatment.
And another fatal shooting last night. Good job, you stupid tw*t. What your mayor did is basically the equivalent of the ND Admin letting people in this forum make hiring decisions.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:16 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
And another fatal shooting last night. Good job, you stupid tw*t. What your mayor did is basically the equivalent of the ND Admin letting people in this forum make hiring decisions.
That situation is bizarre and needs urgent resolution.

However it pales in comparison to the accusation that the POTUS has abandoned US troops overseas and cosied up to the enemy. No mention anywhere on Fox News. Funny that.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:53 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post

However it pales in comparison to the accusation that the POTUS has abandoned US troops overseas and cosied up to the enemy. No mention anywhere on Fox News. Funny that.
Yeah, bc the last accusations tying him to Russia were so credible. Look, if he really did do this, I want him to resign. However, I need a little more proof, especially after the last witch hunt
Old 06-29-2020, 07:07 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Effective today I now resign the presidency of the (dis) United States. I have achieved all the I can under the dear guidance and direction of Sir Putin. I want to go out on a high note. Let's review some of my accomplishments:

Divided the country along racial lines (liked Russia does in Eastern Europe)

Pulled out of Syria leaving our allies the Kurds to fight for themselves and handed Syria and our Middle East influence to Russia.

Killed more people than Korea and Vietnam Wars combined. Putin said why go to war when I can fill up the chat lines with right wing propaganda and talk your followers into not wearing masks and social distancing. Trump - I helped by culling the older and decrepit hurd - so you can thank me. Putin gave me a gold star, I like gold, for pulling funding out of health research that may save lives. Putin gave me a goal of matching WWII but I don't think I'll make that - between removing social distancing, removing contact tracing and testing, stopping fundng on research, encouraging large gatherings - I tried really hard.

Gave myself a personal tax cut.

Funded my resorts with constant visits.

Jailed children.

Supported execution of journalists.

Ignored the execution of US soldiers.

Denied protesters rights by forcefully removing from Church including Church Patrons.

Weakened our position in Europe and with NATO.

But since it is too difficult to cheat on my wife anymore without her knowing I must now resign. Saudi Arabia here I come. Thanks to Saudi Arabia for setting up that secret account.

Last edited by Domer Dude; 06-29-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:08 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post

1) the president has always had very little to no influence over day to day operations overseas. Agency and military leadership handle that. He is brought in when there is a high value target and there may be collateral damage. That's it.

2) Russians have been a negative influence on our operations in AFG since day 1. Same way Iran negatively influences our ops in Iraq and Yemen. It's simply the way the game is played. We do the same in conflicts that we arent directly involved in, but that have an impact on our foreign policy.

Id never buy that Putin had anything to do with paying farmers turned mercenaries cash for killing our troops. That's bush league to him. Taliban and foreign fighters are motivated to kill based on idealogy. Paying them wouldn't make them "try harder". If the accusation was that he was providing advanced weaponry, id pay more attention because that is absolutely they would (and have) done.

I hate trump and his foreign policies, but this is just more horsesh|t partisan locker room games in an election year. Buckle up because it's only going to get more juvenile.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 06-29-2020, 07:54 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
1) the president has always had very little to no influence over day to day operations overseas. Agency and military leadership handle that. He is brought in when there is a high value target and there may be collateral damage. That's it.

2) Russians have been a negative influence on our operations in AFG since day 1. Same way Iran negatively influences our ops in Iraq and Yemen. It's simply the way the game is played. We do the same in conflicts that we arent directly involved in, but that have an impact on our foreign policy.

Id never buy that Putin had anything to do with paying farmers turned mercenaries cash for killing our troops. That's bush league to him. Taliban and foreign fighters are motivated to kill based on idealogy. Paying them wouldn't make them "try harder". If the accusation was that he was providing advanced weaponry, id pay more attention because that is absolutely they would (and have) done.

I hate trump and his foreign policies, but this is just more horsesh|t partisan locker room games in an election year. Buckle up because it's only going to get more juvenile.
And to add to your 2nd point we supplied Russia's enemies during their war in Afghanistan with tons of weapons including Stinger missiles which I'm sure you're aware of. This more directed at the boy scouts in the room.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:05 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
And to add to your 2nd point we supplied Russia's enemies during their war in Afghanistan with tons of weapons including Stinger missiles which I'm sure you're aware of. This more directed at the boy scouts in the room.
We even gave them John Rambo.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 06-29-2020, 10:08 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Effective today I now resign the presidency of the (dis) United States. I have achieved all the I can under the dear guidance and direction of Sir Putin. I want to go out on a high note. Let's review some of my accomplishments:

Divided the country along racial lines (liked Russia does in Eastern Europe)

Pulled out of Syria leaving our allies the Kurds to fight for themselves and handed Syria and our Middle East influence to Russia.

Killed more people than Korea and Vietnam Wars combined. Putin said why go to war when I can fill up the chat lines with right wing propaganda and talk your followers into not wearing masks and social distancing. Trump - I helped by culling the older and decrepit hurd - so you can thank me. Putin gave me a gold star, I like gold, for pulling funding out of health research that may save lives. Putin gave me a goal of matching WWII but I don't think I'll make that - between removing social distancing, removing contact tracing and testing, stopping fundng on research, encouraging large gatherings - I tried really hard.

Gave myself a personal tax cut.

Funded my resorts with constant visits.

Jailed children.

Supported execution of journalists.

Ignored the execution of US soldiers.

Denied protesters rights by forcefully removing from Church including Church Patrons.

Weakened our position in Europe and with NATO.

But since it is too difficult to cheat on my wife anymore without her knowing I must now resign. Saudi Arabia here I come. Thanks to Saudi Arabia for setting up that secret account.
Even if that all happened, wouldn’t change the fact CHAZ/CHOP and everyone involved was a complete f’n failure. Your city is a joke, you let a bunch of twig boys just physically take a piece of your land, like a bully stealing lunch $. At least the French put up some kind of Resistance in WW2, you guys just folded to a bunch of dudes who weigh less than their girlfriends.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:15 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
We even gave them John Rambo.
Damn I forgot Rambo didn't a stint there! He would've loved the "CHOP" while he was passing through Washington.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:32 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Even if that all happened, wouldn’t change the fact CHAZ/CHOP and everyone involved was a complete f’n failure. Your city is a joke, you let a bunch of twig boys just physically take a piece of your land, like a bully stealing lunch $. At least the French put up some kind of Resistance in WW2, you guys just folded to a bunch of dudes who weigh less than their girlfriends.
Now that's entertainment!
I have some extremely liberal friends who live in West Seattle. They are horrified by almost all things CHOP-related.

Is it okay to say that someone who isn't liberal has extremely liberal friends? I don't know any more.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:43 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Flanner View Post
Now that's entertainment!
I have some extremely liberal friends who live in West Seattle. They are horrified by almost all things CHOP-related.

Is it okay to say that someone who isn't liberal has extremely liberal friends? I don't know any more.
Yes, but it’s probably not ok the other way around. And honestly, I’d say the CHAZ/CHOP people are a good deal beyond Liberal, I’d say they’re pretty much authoritarian Leftist/Marxist.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:20 PM
Domer Domain Junior

With the Federal government drive to reopen the economy at all costs - Trump is now on track for being responsible for as many deaths as the US had combat deaths in WWII:

USA Combat Deaths WWII - 291,557

We have Trump and his supporters to thank. At this point the only people actively supporting him are white plantation owners.

They are persona-non-grata.

Last edited by Domer Dude; 06-30-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:18 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
With the Federal government drive to reopen the economy at all costs - Trump is now on track for being responsible for as many deaths as the US had combat deaths in WWII:

We have Trump and his supporters to thank.

No, we have the Chinese Govt to thank. And I’m sure those Protests had nothing to do with the spike. It’s not shady at all the DeBlasio explicitly told his tracers to not ask if subjects had been involved in the protests.

BTW, I have no issue at all with the peaceful protests that took place and if they did factor into the spike, I can understand that. However, I will not tolerate intellectually dishonest arguments and being lied to by public officials.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:19 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:

We have Trump and his supporters to thank. At this point the only people actively supporting him are white plantation owners.

Also, you’re dumb azz Mayor, who I also assume is a relative of yours, finally got a taste of her own medicine. They should move the occupation from CHOP to her front yard.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:27 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

And now today the Democratic National Committee tweets that “ Mount Rushmore is a symbol of white supremacy, of structural racism...”

Watch out Catholic Church. Your day iof reckoning is coming. Just you wait and watch.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:

Yes we should shelter in place and shut the economy down until a vaccine is made. Sound logic there...then you can complain that Trump destroyed the economy. Don't worry though, barring that Joe Biden doesn't literally decompose before our eyes he'll be our next President, all be it he won't have a clue that he is actually President.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
And now today the Democratic National Committee tweets that “ Mount Rushmore is a symbol of white supremacy, of structural racism...”

Watch out Catholic Church. Your day iof reckoning is coming. Just you wait and watch.
if the Catholic Church can survive a global pedophile ring, they can survive anything.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:02 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
if the Catholic Church can survive a global pedophile ring, they can survive anything.
They’re already tearing down statues of conquistadors, blaming the Catholic Church for all of the land Spain conquered.

With the pedophile phenomenon you didn’t really have the public storming the Bastille. It was done all nice and legal-like through the court system. This won’t be the same. This will be those ever-present peaceful protesters marching through church services, tearing down statues, breaking stained glass windows, and potentially targeting church-goers.

Sounds insanely crazy, I know.
It’s coming.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:18 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
They’re already tearing down statues of conquistadors, blaming the Catholic Church for all of the land Spain conquered.

With the pedophile phenomenon you didn’t really have the public storming the Bastille. It was done all nice and legal-like through the court system. This won’t be the same. This will be those ever-present peaceful protesters marching through church services, tearing down statues, breaking stained glass windows, and potentially targeting church-goers.

Sounds insanely crazy, I know.
It’s coming.
Yeah but that was in San Francisco, try doing something like that in NYC or Chicago and you’ll have the Irish and Italians out busting skulls. Even Shaun King got chastised for taking it too far when he wanted to tear down statues of white a Jesus.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:35 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Yeah but that was in San Francisco, try doing something like that in NYC or Chicago and you’ll have the Irish and Italians out busting skulls. Even Shaun King got chastised for taking it too far when he wanted to tear down statues of white a Jesus.
Where are the Knights Templar when you need them?
Old 07-01-2020, 12:12 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Where are the Knights Templar when you need them?
You won’t need them, the Mob will be down there front & center. Kinda like that Columbus Day episode of the Sopranos.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:05 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Interesting tidbit on bounties being paid to the Taliban.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39014669/n...illed-taliban/

Where was the outrage then? Oh wait Obama gave them pallets of cash as punishment.