Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1051  
Old 10-03-2020, 05:07 PM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
It's hard to find your point so I'll just say this. There are standard protocols established now to try and prevent the spread of the virus. A protest of an unruly mob is extremely unlikely to adhere to mask wearing and minimum 6ft of distance. You would have expected the very highest levels of US Government to at least try.

It is quite ironic that they went out of their way to show a bad example and now they are dropping like flies from public. Trump is the one who by far the most at risk

I would guess it will be a little like when Boris Johnson was diagnosed. A lot of rumours, hospitalisation, ICU mentioned etc... but they have the very best doctors on the case and he'll be ok. But he can write off the next fortnight and maybe a month at best from campaigning and fundraising.
This is spot on, you can’t get close to the president without secret service having eyes, multiple plans for escalations, and procedures in place. With this amount of knowledge we have now, rapid testing, and the abundance of resources the president has there is no reason this should have happened. No one should come close to the president that hasn’t been tested, distance measures ect. However, this is not surprising. He clearly mismanaged businesses, the country, and now his own safety. His admin are fn idiots to allow what happened as well. Pretty bad when when there will be more Covid cases in the White House than there are in the NFL. Difference is that it is way harder to manage in the NFL, but it has solid leadership.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #1052  
Old 10-03-2020, 06:38 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
I think it’s a opportunity for Trump to resign and hand the reigns over to Pence, who would pardon him.
What about this. He doesn’t get sick and he comes out saying he took hydroxylcholrine. Or whatever that drug was. Haha...
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 10-03-2020, 06:41 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
The point was the media and the left has outright supported "protests", and there has been no mention of their concern for Covid exposure among the participants. But they will turn into pearl clutching Karen's when a group gathers together for something they don't support. There were projections of the number of new Covid cases following Sturgis two months ago, which BTW was complete BS. Yet I don't hear people screaming from the mountain top about all the potential new cases and lives put in danger from the "protests" Why is that?

I think Trump has a hell of a lot of support going for him regardless of him being on the campaign trail or not and there has been lot of money raised in his campaign. I don't see this changing any of that.
My biggest issue was how they tried to use phony science to legitimize the protests. Just say you think these issues are important enough to justify the risk. People may not agree, but it’s better than lying and trying to bulls**t us.
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 10-04-2020, 09:37 AM
jimbo's Avatar
jimbo jimbo is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Thailand & Cambodia
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
My biggest issue was how they tried to use phony science to legitimize the protests. Just say you think these issues are important enough to justify the risk. People may not agree, but it’s better than lying and trying to bulls**t us.
This could just as easily be said of Trump.
__________________
Jimbo

“I take full responsibility, it’s not my fault..."
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 10-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Soko Soko is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,103
Default

So now they just get doctors to lie about the POTUS health to keep him calm. Cool, we can't believe anything.

If that's the case then don't hold a PC and stop thinking everyone is a complete idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 10-05-2020, 12:14 AM
GunSlinger GunSlinger is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,241
Default

So if some how President Trump survives this death sentence will him being diagnosed with Covid become a conspiracy?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1057  
Old 10-05-2020, 02:07 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
This could just as easily be said of Trump.
It is said about Trump. However, when it only goes one way, that’s a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #1058  
Old 10-05-2020, 02:10 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. The media is having a full on meltdown bc Trump drove around in a car, wearing a mask, with the windows up. Let’s forget the Secret Service has been guarding him this entire time. The Left spent all summer telling us how awful law enforcement is and now they care about the Secret Service? Kiss my a**. There’s so much legitimate criticism you can aim at Trump, but literally him breathing is now causing people to have a meltdown.
Reply With Quote
  #1059  
Old 10-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Rocketsan's Avatar
Rocketsan Rocketsan is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 18,063
Default

The issue is that he’s not isolating...
__________________
http://imageshack.com/a/img546/3410/0at9.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #1060  
Old 10-05-2020, 04:42 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
The issue is that he’s not isolating...
Im confused about this, because SS has to travel with him/protect him anywhere. Some are mad that they had to accompany him from the hospital with the "windows up"? Uhhh the windows are always up on motorcades (to preseve the efficacy of the blastproof windows) and I think these kind of statements are a bit bewildering since their job is literally to sacrifice themselves for the POTUS if the situation dictates.

Seems like partisan trenches even exist within his own personal protection ranks....which is a big problem.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-tr...virus-12087429
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 10-05-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1061  
Old 10-05-2020, 04:59 PM
irishwavend's Avatar
irishwavend irishwavend is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Happiest Place on Earth, FL
Posts: 6,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Im confused about this, because SS has to travel with him/protect him anywhere. Some are mad that they had to accompany him from the hospital with the "windows up"? Uhhh the windows are always up on motorcades (to preseve the efficacy of the blastproof windows) and I think these kind of statements are a bit bewildering since their job is literally to sacrifice themselves for the POTUS if the situation dictates.

Seems like partisan trenches even exist within his own personal protection ranks....which is a big problem.
We don't take a hard enough stand against division in the ranks any more. Rather than Andrew Jackson's approach to shoot them on the White House lawn or to hang traitors, we just allow it and say, "Oh well, that's too harsh," while foreign nations continue to exploit our apathy to this kind of crap.
Reply With Quote
  #1062  
Old 10-05-2020, 05:09 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
We don't take a hard enough stand against division in the ranks any more. Rather than Andrew Jackson's approach to shoot them on the White House lawn or to hang traitors, we just allow it and say, "Oh well, that's too harsh," while foreign nations continue to exploit our apathy to this kind of crap.
Ehhh that's a bit extreme considering SS positions are voluntary. If they disagree with their responsibilities or feel like their personal beliefs conflict with their duty to protect and sacrifice at any cost, they have the option to simply resign. The ones bitching about having to ride with the infected POTUS (despite the fact that they have access to the same health care options as Trump himself) don't seem like the type to hop in front of a bullet for him. I wouldn't want any of those types on my security detail.
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Reply With Quote
  #1063  
Old 10-05-2020, 06:50 PM
GunSlinger GunSlinger is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,241
Default

Any SS guy or gal complaining about being exposed to Covid because of the President should be reassigned to a field office and they can go back to investigating counterfeiting. Nice and safe in the office I'm sure.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1064  
Old 10-05-2020, 07:14 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Im confused about this, because SS has to travel with him/protect him anywhere. Some are mad that they had to accompany him from the hospital with the "windows up"? Uhhh the windows are always up on motorcades (to preseve the efficacy of the blastproof windows) and I think these kind of statements are a bit bewildering since their job is literally to sacrifice themselves for the POTUS if the situation dictates.

Seems like partisan trenches even exist within his own personal protection ranks....which is a big problem.

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-tr...virus-12087429
Yeah, they’re acting like hired a Lyft. These people have been with him during the duration of his illness, riding around in a car with masks is probably some of the lower risk behavior they’ve been required to perform.

It just boggles my mind, with all of the dirt on Trump, they keep trying to make every single thing into a big deal. And they wonder why rational people start tuning them out. There’s only so many times you can cry wolf.
Reply With Quote
  #1065  
Old 10-05-2020, 07:28 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,964
Default

I don’t give two hoots about this issue. But I would assume that the SS may have a problem with the way he has been handling the Covid “pre” and “now.” I guess I look at it this way. Say, the president is informed that there are going to be gunman everywhere at his next rally and SS’s can’t protect him. Yet, the president insists on going and disobeys advice. In doing so, he also holds the rally at the best place to get sniped. As a SS, I would probably have second thoughts about protecting the prez too. But, as someone said, you can always resign. But, I wouldn’t blame these people for at least given it a second thought.
Reply With Quote
  #1066  
Old 10-05-2020, 07:34 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
I don’t give two hoots about this issue. But I would assume that the SS may have a problem with the way he has been handling the Covid “pre” and “now.” I guess I look at it this way. Say, the president is informed that there are going to be gunman everywhere at his next rally and SS’s can’t protect him. Yet, the president insists on going and disobeys advice. In doing so, he also holds the rally at the best place to get sniped. As a SS, I would probably have second thoughts about protecting the prez too. But, as someone said, you can always resign. But, I wouldn’t blame these people for at least given it a second thought.
SS doesn't have the luxury of telling the president (or advising) what is safe or unsafe. That falls on other entities (like mine). Their job is strictly to protect under whatever circumstances POTUS finds himself in...

The issue at hand is that we apparently have a handful of agents who are mad that they had to ride w the president in a motorcade after hed been given a positive diagnosis for covid. Considering the fact that part of their job would include riding with POTUS after an event like a chem/biological attack (with the high possibility of contagion), id say the SS needs to purge immediately.

So considering that these agents have insane counter-chem capabilities/equipment at their disposal yet refused to invoke it should tell anyone what they need to know. They're being babies and usng this as an anti-Trump tool to make it look like they were put in harm's way without necessity. If you felt like you were truly being put in harm's way, simply don your chem gear (that would literally protect you from any airborne illness) and move on. Yet they didnt.

Furthermore, the mechanisms put in place outside the White House that Biden decided to bring up during the debate are solely at the discretion of SS--not the President. And they were put there in case the protests turned even more violent, which they did. Biden should know that, having been a VP.
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 10-05-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1067  
Old 10-05-2020, 08:00 PM
soulpatch soulpatch is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 433
Default

I'm not that bunged about this particular episode, but there is a difference. Trump took a needless sight-seeing trip around a hospital that he's staying in due to the seriousness of his bout with Covid. People with him would have gone from being 6+ feet from him (the length of a hospital bed) to 2'ish feet in a far more enclosed area.
There's very little reason to take that car ride. It's a pattern of him showing a higher level of disregard for fellow citizens than he does for puffing up his ego and striking poorly conceived (and executed) photo ops.
It's like he's flipping a magazine, sees a topless Putin on horseback and then running off to hold a bible in front of a closed church.
Reply With Quote
  #1068  
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
I'm not that bunged about this particular episode, but there is a difference. Trump took a needless sight-seeing trip around a hospital that he's staying in due to the seriousness of his bout with Covid. People with him would have gone from being 6+ feet from him (the length of a hospital bed) to 2'ish feet in a far more enclosed area.
There's very little reason to take that car ride. It's a pattern of him showing a higher level of disregard for fellow citizens than he does for puffing up his ego and striking poorly conceived (and executed) photo ops.
It's like he's flipping a magazine, sees a topless Putin on horseback and then running off to hold a bible in front of a closed church.
And please explain to me how that would be any different had he gone straight to the White House. That car ride is happening either way....with the same agents regardless of where he was going. You are reaching for reasons to call him out. You act like he was riding around coughing on innocent bystanders. In this case, I dont see an issue with what he did at all.

Btw, the only people inside the same vehicle as him are again the same SS agents who are sworn to his safety. No one else.
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 10-05-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1069  
Old 10-06-2020, 12:46 PM
soulpatch soulpatch is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
And please explain to me how that would be any different had he gone straight to the White House. That car ride is happening either way....with the same agents regardless of where he was going. You are reaching for reasons to call him out. You act like he was riding around coughing on innocent bystanders. In this case, I dont see an issue with what he did at all.

Btw, the only people inside the same vehicle as him are again the same SS agents who are sworn to his safety. No one else.
Like I said, I'm not bunged about it, so I'm not calling him out. But, to answer your question, every exposure to someone infected by Covid increases the risk of contracting it. And, again, it seems needless to do this simply to drive around for a photo op. Protecting the president during his hospital stay, protecting him as he is transported back to the WH.. ...this is a necessary risk. Protecting the president as he takes a drive around in a car to wave seems needless. Because it seems needless, I suspect that's why others are raising it as reckless.
Reply With Quote
  #1070  
Old 10-07-2020, 06:39 AM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,018
Default

Gonna be an interesting day today...
Reply With Quote
  #1071  
Old 10-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 2,062
Default

VP debate tonight.
I think it will be less of a mess than last week's debate, but pretty heated.
Harris seems to be pretty fiery in her presentations, and Pence seems to be quite measured in his. Contrast in styles, contrast is policies. Should be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #1072  
Old 10-07-2020, 02:42 PM
soulpatch soulpatch is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
VP debate tonight.
I think it will be less of a mess than last week's debate, but pretty heated.
Harris seems to be pretty fiery in her presentations, and Pence seems to be quite measured in his. Contrast in styles, contrast is policies. Should be interesting.
It can't get worse than the last debate, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please tell that it can't get any worse than that debacle.
Reply With Quote
  #1073  
Old 10-07-2020, 07:56 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
VP debate tonight.
I think it will be less of a mess than last week's debate, but pretty heated.
Harris seems to be pretty fiery in her presentations, and Pence seems to be quite measured in his. Contrast in styles, contrast is policies. Should be interesting.
Not really. I’m sure the media will declare Kamala the “winner” no matter what.
Reply With Quote
  #1074  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 PM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 2,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Not really. I’m sure the media will declare Kamala the “winner” no matter what.
No doubt.
Why even hold a debate?
Pence and Trump are racist misogynists who want to take away women's rights to control their bodies. Just look at who Trump nominated to the Supreme Court, for goodness sakes! And they want to take away healthcare from 20 million people! And the border! Terrible things are going on there, the wall and all. You know, you've seen the pictures. People in cages.
Kamala wins. Mike is too full of hatred.

There.
Now no one needs to watch the debate.
Reply With Quote
  #1075  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:29 PM
soulpatch soulpatch is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
No doubt.
Why even hold a debate?
Pence and Trump are racist misogynists who want to take away women's rights to control their bodies. Just look at who Trump nominated to the Supreme Court, for goodness sakes! And they want to take away healthcare from 20 million people! And the border! Terrible things are going on there, the wall and all. You know, you've seen the pictures. People in cages.
Kamala wins. Mike is too full of hatred.

There.
Now no one needs to watch the debate.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Last Updated: January 24, 2021

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.