Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 05-24-2019, 07:27 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
FWIW, one of them was Trayanum. I'm not sure about the other, possibly McClain.
My understanding is it was Murphy, who was their ideal pick to pair with Tyree. I think Coleman is the only "running back" they would take at this point, but that's more of a position flexibility thing.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 05-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingEyes View Post
My understanding is it was Murphy, who was their ideal pick to pair with Tyree. I think Coleman is the only "running back" they would take at this point, but that's more of a position flexibility thing.
Yeah, I think that was made the most public because of program/university fit but all were initially wanted (Edwards, Trayanum, Murphy). Trayanum May have actually been at the top but seemed like an OSU lock so we heard much less. The staff didn’t push hard for Murphy and liked that he was deciding later in the process. I don’t think they take anyone now except Coleman like you mentioned. Coleman May have the opposite career as Josh Adams regarding position.

The biggest change in RB recruiting was spring practice. Jafar, Jahmir, and C'Bo progressed while Kyren came in strong. It somewhat eliminated the need for a second bigger back. Had Trayanum or Edwards been able or willing to commit halfway through spring practice I think ND would have taken them.

Last edited by Big23Head; 05-24-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 PM

Old 05-24-2019, 11:09 PM
Domer Domain Junior

That sucks!
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM

RB: The staff got their man and will likely shut it down. I'm really curious about Edwards still and the staff may keep an eye on him but he has classroom work to do. Coleman may come in as the second "RB" but I am not convinced he ends up there. His June OV will be big.

WR: They got their main man and June visits will clear up the board some. They are being selective with the targets and I like the ones available right now. ND is in a good position.

OL: It will be interesting to see if ND takes 1 or 2 more OL. They really only need one and the OT is priority. It is basically down to Atteberry and Carmody if they take 3 total. If they take 2 this could open a spot for a best available guy down the road.

DL: ND landed 4 guys they really wanted and missed on McGregor. Now they likely go after Melton and he will decide in June. They have the luxury of sitting back now and waiting for Melton or going after another higher profile guy later. I think things with Yurosek may play out over a few months.

LB: Cody Simon is the only real guy on this list and with adjustments at other positions there may be room now.

CB: The DB position in general is "all over the place" right now. The main man at CB is Phillips and he may decide this summer. Right now he may be an OSU lean but I would love to see him visit ND and OSU this summer to decide. Beyond that there are a several players getting offers. It will be interesting to watch. A lot of the newer offers are mid level rated guys but most have length and speed. Bill Rees and his group have been evaluating these kids. Bill Rees and that group have been on kids like this very early so I'm trusting it (Kyle Hamilton, Braiden McGgregor, etc.). Then the staff has actually gone to see these guys in person before offering. That is huge and luckily the rest of the board is clearing up, so the staff can focus on DBs.

S: See above. The main guys are Story, Ransom, Thompson Jr., Thompson, and Morant. ALL will be difficult pulls. June should clear up a lot with regard to safety recruiting. ND needs to pull at least one higher level guy.

Overall, recruiting is going awesome. If you eliminate the long snapper, NDs average player rating is 93.5 which is absolutely elite. That even includes Ehrensberger, which he seems slightly underrated with potential to be incredibly underrated. There are 8 legitimate 4 star players, 1 with high potential, 1 borderline 4 star, and a long snapper. ND landed their top QB, RB, WR, OL, TEs, and multiple top tier DL. Need to land a top CB and S to finish.

Last edited by Big23Head; Yesterday at 05:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM

I’ll pass this along. McGregor's commitment video that he showed tonight was of him actually committing to Michigan on a visit weeks ago. He then continued to have very positive discussions with Elston, ND commits, and such. Personally, I’m all for keeping your recruiting suspenseful so people don’t know but I don’t agree with the method I guess. Just my thoughts, presuming all is true, I wouldn’t want an ND player to commit like that. Seems to lack class, just commit without letting everyone know you were messing around with other teams for weeks.

Last edited by Big23Head; Yesterday at 05:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Slimey move by the guy...definitely a "michigan man" with a stunt like that...

Next...
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoCroatian View Post
Slimey move by the guy...definitely a "michigan man" with a stunt like that...

Next...
Agree, He knew all the time he wanted to stay at home. Why string along ND and Florida? Just to make it look good? Elston wasted a lot of time wit this guy
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
Yep, just got word. I was surprised, to say the least.
Same, when my source told me on Thursday night that hed be committing to Michigan, I was surprised. Still watched the commitment ceremony though in hopes hed pull a fast one and still commit to us lol.
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

The thing is he waisted time and money for both ND and Florida. The classy move would have been to let the other universities know silently and keep things quiet until he announced. But the thousands of dollars spent to continue to recruit him and the time involved are all wasted resources that could have been used elsewhere. He made it seem like he was still interested, when in reality he knew he was committing to UM. And the fact the Michigan staff and coaches knew all along about this smells like a Harbaugh move. They probably thought it was funny, sticking it to their rival, ND. I didn't think it was possible, but I want to beat Michigan even more now after that classless move.
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
Ill pass this along. McGregor's commitment video that he showed tonight was of him actually committing to Michigan on a visit weeks ago. He then continued to have very positive discussions with Elston, ND commits, and such. Personally, Im all for keeping your recruiting suspenseful so people dont know but I dont agree with the method I guess. Just my thoughts, presuming all is true, I wouldnt want an ND player to commit like that. Seems to lack class, just commit without letting everyone know you were messing around with other teams for weeks.

I disagree slightly for one reasons... ND won't stop recruiting him. They will recruit him until the very end. As long as a recruit picks up the phone, you talk until they sign. Look at Lenzy or some others who committed away, then came back.

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHKENLIFER View Post
The thing is he waisted time and money for both ND and Florida. The classy move would have been to let the other universities know silently and keep things quiet until he announced. But the thousands of dollars spent to continue to recruit him and the time involved are all wasted resources that could have been used elsewhere. He made it seem like he was still interested, when in reality he knew he was committing to UM. And the fact the Michigan staff and coaches knew all along about this smells like a Harbaugh move. They probably thought it was funny, sticking it to their rival, ND. I didn't think it was possible, but I want to beat Michigan even more now after that classless move.
The game is the game.