Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 05-13-2019, 02:04 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
Your guess would be as good as most. Long way to go I think. Give me McMillan and Watts to go with Johnson. Roman Wilson may be a guy to watch for ND interest in the same role of Henning. He was excellent this weekend at the Opening in Oakland. From Hawaii and teammate of Jordan Botelho. More below.
I'd take those 2 without a doubt. But its going to be a battle
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #402  
Old 05-13-2019, 02:06 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,104
Default

Botelho is a stud. Hope he doesnt take any other visits

Did Buchner go to this camp?
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 05-13-2019, 03:14 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Botelho is a stud. Hope he doesnt take any other visits

Did Buchner go to this camp?
Love Botelhos attitude. ND needs to keep guys like that. Hopefully Luifau is the same. Buchner participated and did well. Donít have specifics yet. Still coming back fully from injury.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default





Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:16 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default





Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 05-14-2019, 04:35 AM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 05-15-2019, 02:17 AM
LasVegasIrish's Avatar
LasVegasIrish LasVegasIrish is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 5,685
Default

Looks like Mayer will be an early enrollee as well
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM
GunSlinger GunSlinger is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,153
Default

I haven't followed recruiting very closing for a while now other than just reading some stuff here and there. Looks like this class is really shaping up to be something special.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

Committing May 23rd


Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM
tneun89's Avatar
tneun89 tneun89 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSlinger View Post
I haven't followed recruiting very closing for a while now other than just reading some stuff here and there. Looks like this class is really shaping up to be something special.
I would be really surprised - shocked even - if ND didn't finish with a Top 10 class. I think that it will ultimately fall in the 6-9 range, but ND has a real shot to get a Top 5 class with the way things are looking. They just need to win the battles for the Top 100 guys (Tyree, McGregor, Phillips, McMillan, etc.). ND could end up with 6-7 guys in the 247 Composite Top 100. ND finished with 5 in the Top 100 in 2018 (but the highest rated was Houston Griffith at #70 overall). You'd have to go back to the 2011 class when ND landed 6 Top 100 guys (the Lynch, Tuitt, Ishaq class).

The 2020 class should end up as the best class since 2013, although that will be tough to top. That class had 23 commits - 19 four stars, 15 Top 250 players. But the 2020 class could end up being better if ND can land those Top 100 guys.
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:14 PM
The Captain 19 The Captain 19 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE of GR, Michigan
Posts: 118
Default

Before his June official. I know he's been to campus a few times. Hopefully it means that when he comes back for his official it's because he wanted to come back as a commit. 🤞
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
I would be really surprised - shocked even - if ND didn't finish with a Top 10 class. I think that it will ultimately fall in the 6-9 range, but ND has a real shot to get a Top 5 class with the way things are looking. They just need to win the battles for the Top 100 guys (Tyree, McGregor, Phillips, McMillan, etc.). ND could end up with 6-7 guys in the 247 Composite Top 100. ND finished with 5 in the Top 100 in 2018 (but the highest rated was Houston Griffith at #70 overall). You'd have to go back to the 2011 class when ND landed 6 Top 100 guys (the Lynch, Tuitt, Ishaq class).

The 2020 class should end up as the best class since 2013, although that will be tough to top. That class had 23 commits - 19 four stars, 15 Top 250 players. But the 2020 class could end up being better if ND can land those Top 100 guys.
Overall, I think I like this class better if they land some of the players you mention. Better balance and better overall fits I think. Several busts in the that 2013 class too actually but obviously that cannot be predicted. I also think ND has better coaches now which helps but cannot be compared.
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain 19 View Post
Before his June official. I know he's been to campus a few times. Hopefully it means that when he comes back for his official it's because he wanted to come back as a commit. 🤞
I think ND will get him. Oklahoma appears to have turned up the heat on other RBs and ND has been all over him. No visit to Bama either so it looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:23 PM
The Captain 19 The Captain 19 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE of GR, Michigan
Posts: 118
Default

Thanks Big. I trust your judgment. Now let's go get McGregor.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 PM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain 19 View Post
Thanks Big. I trust your judgment. Now let's go get McGregor.
And Phillips. Corner is a major concern
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:19 AM
JoeBrasco JoeBrasco is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
I would be really surprised - shocked even - if ND didn't finish with a Top 10 class. I think that it will ultimately fall in the 6-9 range, but ND has a real shot to get a Top 5 class with the way things are looking. They just need to win the battles for the Top 100 guys (Tyree, McGregor, Phillips, McMillan, etc.). ND could end up with 6-7 guys in the 247 Composite Top 100. ND finished with 5 in the Top 100 in 2018 (but the highest rated was Houston Griffith at #70 overall). You'd have to go back to the 2011 class when ND landed 6 Top 100 guys (the Lynch, Tuitt, Ishaq class).

The 2020 class should end up as the best class since 2013, although that will be tough to top. That class had 23 commits - 19 four stars, 15 Top 250 players. But the 2020 class could end up being better if ND can land those Top 100 guys.
The biggest thing with this class over 2018 is with Johnson, Baker, Tyree, McMillan, and McGregor you are looking at five top 50-ish players. If ND can do that 3-4 years in a row you can start to seriously talk about contending for a NC every year.

It is an exciting time to be a Notre Dame fan - love it!
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:33 AM
OKCIrish99's Avatar
OKCIrish99 OKCIrish99 is online now
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 5,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
I think ND will get him. Oklahoma appears to have turned up the heat on other RBs and ND has been all over him. No visit to Bama either so it looks good.
I sure hope. Wasn't he all over OU after the visit though? Nearly a commit? Just odd that he'd commit before a visit to ND and after such a good visit to OU. Fingers crossed.
__________________
John 14:6
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:40 PM
LasVegasIrish's Avatar
LasVegasIrish LasVegasIrish is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 5,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIrish99 View Post
I sure hope. Wasn't he all over OU after the visit though? Nearly a commit? Just odd that he'd commit before a visit to ND and after such a good visit to OU. Fingers crossed.
ND coaches did a great job with their visit right after he came back from OU. The luster has worn off from that OU visit. You should all be very surprised if heís not NDs on the 23rd.
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 05-17-2019, 01:41 AM
D Fence's Avatar
D Fence D Fence is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,039
Default

Zack Zinter just committed to Michigan. Crap
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 05-17-2019, 02:25 AM
golson5 golson5 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
Zack Zinter just committed to Michigan. Crap
Meh. Did we really want him that bad... not really sure
Reply With Quote
  #421  
Old 05-17-2019, 02:41 AM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
Zack Zinter just committed to Michigan. Crap
Any idea if Zinter was high on ND's board? Not that the services are the best at evaluations (otherwise they would be coaching) but Carmody is rated higher on 247.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:23 AM
LasVegasIrish's Avatar
LasVegasIrish LasVegasIrish is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 5,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
Zack Zinter just committed to Michigan. Crap
ND passed on him. Would have already been in the class.
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:00 AM
OKCIrish99's Avatar
OKCIrish99 OKCIrish99 is online now
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 5,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
ND coaches did a great job with their visit right after he came back from OU. The luster has worn off from that OU visit. You should all be very surprised if heís not NDs on the 23rd.
OK sounds good. Yes, I also found an article reaffirming your thoughts. Think we'll all feel better if/when he is Irish. Lance Taylor would certainly be off to a strong start if so.
__________________
John 14:6
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIrish99 View Post
OK sounds good. Yes, I also found an article reaffirming your thoughts. Think we'll all feel better if/when he is Irish. Lance Taylor would certainly be off to a strong start if so.
Think Taylor helped as lot, knowing that he caoch Christian McCaffery in college alloed him to build a great relationship
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 05-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Big23Head's Avatar
Big23Head Big23Head is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,539
Default

The next 6 weeks will really clarify NDs recruiting class and then the following 2 months could bring more clarity. It will be interesting to see who exactly does commit this summer. Looking at the front page, I have 33 uncommitted prospects and at least 19 have stated they will/want to commit this summer. There are a few guys that I don't have on the list because they essentially left NDs board or were on the edge and now they have come back into play.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Last Updated: May 25, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.