Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 04-14-2018, 10:39 PM
jessemoore97 jessemoore97 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 3,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Would you exempt veterans from this? They have government training on the firearms handling.

As a gun owner I don't, personally, have a huge issue with some of the things you're asking. However, when you start talking about putting licensing and such, you have to figure out a way to prevent states like California and Illinois from pricing the common person from being able to afford the licensing. What I mean is, it's pretty well known that California is pretty anti gun. It is not unforeseeable that the lawmakers there could make it extremely expensive to license a firearm in order to discourage it. The other issue I can see is putting a registration of a constitutional right. I'm sure this could be lawyered up, though, so it's not a huge stumbling block for what you're proposing. I guess one way to look at what you're saying is that it might be a good litmus test for both sides of the gun control argument. Is it really about lowering gun violence and keeping guns out of the untrained and mentally ill, or is it about gun grabbing?
I forgot to mention about this in an earlier post about minorities owning firearms and having CCW. Who really gets hurt when states and cities who are very anti gun raise the costs associated with ownership and licensing? The poor and often time minority populations in high crime neighborhoods. Why are they priced out of the ability to protect their family and property? Who established those guidelines and regulations? It wasn't the evil gun owning right wingers.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #202  
Old 04-14-2018, 11:11 PM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Would you exempt veterans from this? They have government training on the firearms handling.

As a gun owner I don't, personally, have a huge issue with some of the things you're asking. However, when you start talking about putting licensing and such, you have to figure out a way to prevent states like California and Illinois from pricing the common person from being able to afford the licensing. What I mean is, it's pretty well known that California is pretty anti gun. It is not unforeseeable that the lawmakers there could make it extremely expensive to license a firearm in order to discourage it. The other issue I can see is putting a registration of a constitutional right. I'm sure this could be lawyered up, though, so it's not a huge stumbling block for what you're proposing. I guess one way to look at what you're saying is that it might be a good litmus test for both sides of the gun control argument. Is it really about lowering gun violence and keeping guns out of the untrained and mentally ill, or is it about gun grabbing?
Oh dear god he's back , and so soon after his Diva like exit that would make Rupaul proud.

When you cut through all your BS---and you're not alone in this thread, it's all boils down to fear. you folks are controlled by fear. The Mexicans are coming to rape you, the gays are gonna turn everyone gay. can't go an hour of fox news without hearing someone is declaring war on you. Sheesh. You can't take a moment to consider doing something to curb gun idiot shootings because you're thinking of yourself and afraid "they" are gonna take your guns and then you can't protect your home from the "bad" guys.

I have never supported gun bans and like to think I would stand with guns supporters if it came down to it. But if it comes down to you folks turning a blind eye to domestic terrorist because you both like guns, gotta go with my heart. You are making a gun ban a self fulfilling prophecy. you're gonna stay silent till the wrong person get killed, and then it's a wrap.

Pray that the celebs at Coachella stay safe.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
  #203  
Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 PM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
One of my points is that there is a lot of knee-jerk reaction to certain things such as a school shooting that generate a lot of "outrage" when the reality is that everyday more people die from other things that deserve way more attention from society but are not as compelling of a story.

Less people (including children) would die each year from lowering urban speed limits to 20 mph than from banning assault rifles. Why is there no national outrage at dangerous speed limits being in place?

I think the reason is that an accident due to a higher speed limit is not a ratings friendly story. Accidents typically happen one at a time so you do not get the same news/attention impact as a school shooting.

Relatively few people are killed by any type of rifle every year. Yet, there is a huge outcry and amount of energy being expended from folks who want to ban one type of rifle. Why? Should not the focus be on things that statistically more dangerous?

I hate to sound insensitive but only 138 people have been killed in school shootings since 2014 (less than 50 a year). Yes, that is 138 too many but in comparison, 63 kids died from the flu in the last 6 months. About 75-85% of kids who die from flu do not get a flu shot. Where is the outrage, the demonstrations, the politicians grabbing headlines?

Please note that I do not own a gun and will never own a gun.
So we need to reach a certain death count before we give a damn? I don't know how many people torture animals per year but when I hear about it, I get pi$sed. being upset about senseless killings is not a knee jerk reaction, it's having a soul. there are about 50 deaths due to lightning strikes per year but they still clear the stadium when lightnings in the area. You guys are trying so hard so to make mass shooting alright that you don't even sound human anymore.

It's not just school shootings, it's the churches, concert and wherever else some idiot feel the need do his deed. It's the shooting at hurricanes. Shooting at damn hurricanes. As I type this I'm really starting to feel that guns are like drugs to some. It's a sickness. Just as drugs are the most important thing to an addict, it seems to be the same with some gun owners. hen you look online and see pictures of people with thousands of dollars worth of guns laid out, either they are mentally ill, or have an addiction. either way, they need help.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
  #204  
Old 04-14-2018, 11:57 PM
nickman54's Avatar
nickman54 nickman54 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 2,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davislove View Post
Oh dear god he's back , and so soon after his Diva like exit that would make Rupaul proud.

When you cut through all your BS---and you're not alone in this thread, it's all boils down to fear. you folks are controlled by fear. The Mexicans are coming to rape you, the gays are gonna turn everyone gay. can't go an hour of fox news without hearing someone is declaring war on you. Sheesh. You can't take a moment to consider doing something to curb gun idiot shootings because you're thinking of yourself and afraid "they" are gonna take your guns and then you can't protect your home from the "bad" guys.

I have never supported gun bans and like to think I would stand with guns supporters if it came down to it. But if it comes down to you folks turning a blind eye to domestic terrorist because you both like guns, gotta go with my heart. You are making a gun ban a self fulfilling prophecy. you're gonna stay silent till the wrong person get killed, and then it's a wrap.

Pray that the celebs at Coachella stay safe.
Are u retarded?
__________________
  #205  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:17 AM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
Oh dear god he's back , and so soon after his Diva like exit that would make Rupaul proud.

When you cut through all your BS---and you're not alone in this thread, it's all boils down to fear. you folks are controlled by fear. The Mexicans are coming to rape you, the gays are gonna turn everyone gay. can't go an hour of fox news without hearing someone is declaring war on you. Sheesh. You can't take a moment to consider doing something to curb gun idiot shootings because you're thinking of yourself and afraid "they" are gonna take your guns and then you can't protect your home from the "bad" guys.

I have never supported gun bans and like to think I would stand with guns supporters if it came down to it. But if it comes down to you folks turning a blind eye to domestic terrorist because you both like guns, gotta go with my heart. You are making a gun ban a self fulfilling prophecy. you're gonna stay silent till the wrong person get killed, and then it's a wrap.

Pray that the celebs at Coachella stay safe.
Above are examples of Ad Hominem. You can't actually come up with anything valid to say, so you attack me personally. It's interesting because you're using the very thing that got Pres Trump elected. You refuse to see that other people have valid points, so you start talking down at us. You're also jumping to major conclusion about my beliefs. Based on what? That I enjoy firearms? Therefore I must hate immigrant, gay people, and I watch Fox news? Think about it for a minute. Who's really got a problem with stereotyping here? Also, I didn't say I was leaving the thread, I said you and I can't agree on this topic and responding to your very nasty message was a waste of our time. When you posed actual talking points, I responded with a question and commented on what I thought. Which, by the way, you haven't bothered to offer anything after that. People here are discussing things. You have resorted to attacking. Think about it. Jim2Dokes brought up some stuff, and people have tossed it back and forth. Which is how adults discuss things. Divas (hey... isn't that what you called me?) stamp their feet and start throwing insults when they don't get their way or their OPINION is questioned. You know, if you really cared about the deaths of the kids in Parkland, you'd put your ego aside and try to actually listen to what other people had to say and find common ground. THAT is how things change. Instead you'll blame Republicans and gun owners for the actions of an obviously sick individual. You haven't been clear on what it is that you expect gun owners to do. What is it you're saying we need to do?
  #206  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 AM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 678
Default

Interesting stuff. Personally I don't think suicide should be counted in gun deaths for statistics in gun violence. Yes I know somebody dies using a gun, but it's self inflicted. Tragic, yes, but not a crime against another.

Not sure you saw it, but i think "red flag laws" could definitely help prevent a lot of these suicides. I've talked to several gun owners and the red flag laws are place a lot of guys would like to start. I actually think both sides of the argument could get together and figure something out that would work. Apparently even the 2nd Amendment Foundation is in support which says a lot from that side.
  #207  
Old 04-15-2018, 05:18 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/...useronline.pdf

And here you go. This is Harvard. The Ivy league school. A liberal Ivy league school.
Thatís just an article written by gun enthusiast for a Harvard paper, it is not a peer reviewed academic study.
  #208  
Old 04-15-2018, 05:21 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Interesting stuff. Personally I don't think suicide should be counted in gun deaths for statistics in gun violence. Yes I know somebody dies using a gun, but it's self inflicted. Tragic, yes, but not a crime against another.

Not sure you saw it, but i think "red flag laws" could definitely help prevent a lot of these suicides. I've talked to several gun owners and the red flag laws are place a lot of guys would like to start. I actually think both sides of the argument could get together and figure something out that would work. Apparently even the 2nd Amendment Foundation is in support which says a lot from that side.
But your boys at the nra do not support them.http://www.wbur.org/news/2018/04/13/...der-gun-debate
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/454395002
  #209  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:37 PM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
But your boys at the nra do not support
I do not fall in lock step with the NRA. There are things about the organization I do not agree with. They are, however, very effective in what they do. Also, I have not researched every stateís red flag laws. I read about Washingtonís because thatís where I live. Itís a START. Not a finished product.

Quote:
[Thatís just an article written by gun enthusiast for a Harvard paper, it is not a peer reviewed academic study.
A 46 page paper, written by a criminologist, who also happens to be a Constitutional lawyer, and a criminologist from Canada. Weíre not talking an op ed written by a stoned philosophy major. Be careful about writing it off so quickly. You posted an article published in Vox.... is that peer reviewed?
  #210  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:30 PM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

How do you even read a message board with your nose so far in the air? And then have the nerve to have feelings as thin as tissue paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Above are examples of Ad Hominem.
"Ad hominem". The big boy word on the message boards since 1996.
Have you seen this hilarious dancing baby?

Waaaaasup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You can't actually come up with anything valid to say, so you attack me personally.
I don't have anything valid Yet you can't stay away. You annoy me because you are so self centered. even when I post I'm not just speaking of you, you think it's all about you. Get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You refuse to see that other people have valid points, so you start talking down at us.
Are you now the valid point judge? You're the only one getting offended.
Since you clearly haven't read this whole thread, allow to insert a quote from my earlier post and then I'll await your reply.
"To the uninformed liberal like myself, the AR-15 rife is Rambo's gun. Yesterday I did a little research on the gun and it's bad a$$. Also it's a lot different then what I thought it was. If I collected guns, I would want one. It's a scary looking weapon and as I said in a previous post, it's like a pit bull. People used them for the wrong reason and they become demonized. AR doesn't stand for assault rifle either which I'm sure many anti gun folks didn't know.

Then myself and two conservative cops had some meaningful dialogue. Take that for data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You're also jumping to major conclusion about my beliefs. Based on what?
based on you saying you're gonna enjoy the 2A "while you can". That's that fear that you are forced fed. The rest was just example of the fear mongering that goes on on your side. I also said "not you alone" but big shocker, you made it all about you. No matter how many time gun law folks say they want sensible gun laws, you hear a ban. So no conclusions jumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
That I enjoy firearms?
I enjoy pizza, and sex occasionally. Not sure how you enjoy a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Therefore I must hate immigrant, gay people, and I watch Fox news? Think about it for a minute. Who's really got a problem with stereotyping here?
You said it not me, that's a conclusion you jumped to. I was talking about fear controlling your point of view. using Mexicans and calling them rapist were ways they caused fear and I used as an example just as I did with saying some people are afraid gays will turn other people gay. Never said anything about you hating gays. Another huge leap you took. And Fox news, that was just my observation. Reread it dude, and then take a little time to do a personal self inventory. LOL. you were so ready to give your little soapbox speech that you didn't really pay attention to the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Also, I didn't say I was leaving the thread, I said you and I can't agree on this topic and responding to your very nasty message was a waste of our time. When you posed actual talking points, I responded with a question and commented on what I thought. Which, by the way, you haven't bothered to offer anything after that.
Because you started speaking out of fear again. I propose some ideas about guns regulation and you start worrying about will some states overcharge for gun a license. so why bother replying to you? everything is leading to a gun ban in your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
People here are discussing things. You have resorted to attacking. Think about it. Jim2Dokes brought up some stuff, and people have tossed it back and forth. Which is how adults discuss things. Divas (hey... isn't that what you called me?) stamp their feet and start throwing insults when they don't get their way or their OPINION is questioned.
You are a diva and thinks everything is about you. that's my opinion and if you feel attacked by that, then toughen up is all I can say. I suggest you really go back a read this and you'll see I have had civil discussions throughout and then look in the mirror and ask yourself what is wrong with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Instead you'll blame Republicans and gun owners for the actions of an obviously sick individual. You haven't been clear on what it is that you expect gun owners to do. What is it you're saying we need to do?
Granted I went after republicans recently because I noticed some shots being fired at the left. This thread is most productive when politics is kept out as best it can.

I have answered the question many times. just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean one wasn't given. But for you, and because you are so damn sensitive, I will answer this just for you and only for you because you are special.

This reply goes out to a very special person with whom this board wouldn't be the same without.

Control your idiots. I want you guys meaning gun lovers, pro guns whatever to take the lead in solving this problem. Your thoughts and prayers after the fact ain't enough. If you want specific things to do, well I can't tell you that. You guys shoot down all of our ideas. More laws, you say we have laws. regulations and licensing, you have issues with that. So I just want you guys to handle it. Come out strongly against folks like ted nugent who stand on stage with a gun telling them to go shoot people. Crap like that and Pizzagate cause people to get killed. Stop looking away.

To me it's like if my son or daughter got caught shoplifting, if they let my kid go with a warning they could rest assured I would take care of it. if I can't take handle it, then how can I bit@h when they handle it after I had my chance?


Now. Does that cater to your needs?

Geez.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017

Last edited by davislove; 04-15-2018 at 08:15 PM.
  #211  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:38 AM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davislove View Post
How do you even read a message board with your nose so far in the air? And then have the nerve to have feelings as thin as tissue paper.



"Ad hominem". The big boy word on the message boards since 1996.
Have you seen this hilarious dancing baby?

Waaaaasup.




I don't have anything valid Yet you can't stay away. You annoy me because you are so self centered. even when I post I'm not just speaking of you, you think it's all about you. Get over yourself.



Are you now the valid point judge? You're the only one getting offended.
Since you clearly haven't read this whole thread, allow to insert a quote from my earlier post and then I'll await your reply.
"To the uninformed liberal like myself, the AR-15 rife is Rambo's gun. Yesterday I did a little research on the gun and it's bad a$$. Also it's a lot different then what I thought it was. If I collected guns, I would want one. It's a scary looking weapon and as I said in a previous post, it's like a pit bull. People used them for the wrong reason and they become demonized. AR doesn't stand for assault rifle either which I'm sure many anti gun folks didn't know.

Then myself and two conservative cops had some meaningful dialogue. Take that for data.

based on you saying you're gonna enjoy the 2A "while you can". That's that fear that you are forced fed. The rest was just example of the fear mongering that goes on on your side. I also said "not you alone" but big shocker, you made it all about you. No matter how many time gun law folks say they want sensible gun laws, you hear a ban. So no conclusions jumped.



I enjoy pizza, and sex occasionally. Not sure how you enjoy a firearm.



You said it not me, that's a conclusion you jumped to. I was talking about fear controlling your point of view. using Mexicans and calling them rapist were ways they caused fear and I used as an example just as I did with saying some people are afraid gays will turn other people gay. Never said anything about you hating gays. Another huge leap you took. And Fox news, that was just my observation. Reread it dude, and then take a little time to do a personal self inventory. LOL. you were so ready to give your little soapbox speech that you didn't really pay attention to the words.



Because you started speaking out of fear again. I propose some ideas about guns regulation and you start worrying about will some states overcharge for gun a license. so why bother replying to you? everything is leading to a gun ban in your eyes.



You are a diva and thinks everything is about you. that's my opinion and if you feel attacked by that, then toughen up is all I can say. I suggest you really go back a read this and you'll see I have had civil discussions throughout and then look in the mirror and ask yourself what is wrong with you.



Granted I went after republicans recently because I noticed some shots being fired at the left. This thread is most productive when politics is kept out as best it can.

I have answered the question many times. just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean one wasn't given. But for you, and because you are so damn sensitive, I will answer this just for you and only for you because you are special.

This reply goes out to a very special person with whom this board wouldn't be the same without.

Control your idiots. I want you guys meaning gun lovers, pro guns whatever to take the lead in solving this problem. Your thoughts and prayers after the fact ain't enough. If you want specific things to do, well I can't tell you that. You guys shoot down all of our ideas. More laws, you say we have laws. regulations and licensing, you have issues with that. So I just want you guys to handle it. Come out strongly against folks like ted nugent who stand on stage with a gun telling them to go shoot people. Crap like that and Pizzagate cause people to get killed. Stop looking away.

To me it's like if my son or daughter got caught shoplifting, if they let my kid go with a warning they could rest assured I would take care of it. if I can't take handle it, then how can I bit@h when they handle it after I had my chance?


Now. Does that cater to your needs?

Geez.
Can you please just for once stfu about a topic you know nothing about? Somewhere along the past 2 years or so, someone led you to believe that your posts were either substantial or valued. Neither is true. You know dick about dick. Particularly when it comes to the topic of this thread. Please just for once shut the fu(k up because you're the only one who cares about your wildly misinformed and biased opinions. Dont. Care. Shut. The fu(k. Up.
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
  #212  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 AM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
How do you even read a message board with your nose so far in the air? And then have the nerve to have feelings as thin as tissue paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Above are examples of Ad Hominem.
"Ad hominem". The big boy word on the message boards since 1996.
Have you seen this hilarious dancing baby?

Waaaaasup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You can't actually come up with anything valid to say, so you attack me personally.
I don't have anything valid Yet you can't stay away. You annoy me because you are so self centered. even when I post I'm not just speaking of you, you think it's all about you. Get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You refuse to see that other people have valid points, so you start talking down at us.
Are you now the valid point judge? You're the only one getting offended.
Since you clearly haven't read this whole thread, allow to insert a quote from my earlier post and then I'll await your reply.
"To the uninformed liberal like myself, the AR-15 rife is Rambo's gun. Yesterday I did a little research on the gun and it's bad a$$. Also it's a lot different then what I thought it was. If I collected guns, I would want one. It's a scary looking weapon and as I said in a previous post, it's like a pit bull. People used them for the wrong reason and they become demonized. AR doesn't stand for assault rifle either which I'm sure many anti gun folks didn't know.

Then myself and two conservative cops had some meaningful dialogue. Take that for data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
You're also jumping to major conclusion about my beliefs. Based on what?
based on you saying you're gonna enjoy the 2A "while you can". That's that fear that you are forced fed. The rest was just example of the fear mongering that goes on on your side. I also said "not you alone" but big shocker, you made it all about you. No matter how many time gun law folks say they want sensible gun laws, you hear a ban. So no conclusions jumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
That I enjoy firearms?
I enjoy pizza, and sex occasionally. Not sure how you enjoy a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Therefore I must hate immigrant, gay people, and I watch Fox news? Think about it for a minute. Who's really got a problem with stereotyping here?
You said it not me, that's a conclusion you jumped to. I was talking about fear controlling your point of view. using Mexicans and calling them rapist were ways they caused fear and I used as an example just as I did with saying some people are afraid gays will turn other people gay. Never said anything about you hating gays. Another huge leap you took. And Fox news, that was just my observation. Reread it dude, and then take a little time to do a personal self inventory. LOL. you were so ready to give your little soapbox speech that you didn't really pay attention to the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Also, I didn't say I was leaving the thread, I said you and I can't agree on this topic and responding to your very nasty message was a waste of our time. When you posed actual talking points, I responded with a question and commented on what I thought. Which, by the way, you haven't bothered to offer anything after that.
Because you started speaking out of fear again. I propose some ideas about guns regulation and you start worrying about will some states overcharge for gun a license. so why bother replying to you? everything is leading to a gun ban in your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
People here are discussing things. You have resorted to attacking. Think about it. Jim2Dokes brought up some stuff, and people have tossed it back and forth. Which is how adults discuss things. Divas (hey... isn't that what you called me?) stamp their feet and start throwing insults when they don't get their way or their OPINION is questioned.
You are a diva and thinks everything is about you. that's my opinion and if you feel attacked by that, then toughen up is all I can say. I suggest you really go back a read this and you'll see I have had civil discussions throughout and then look in the mirror and ask yourself what is wrong with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Instead you'll blame Republicans and gun owners for the actions of an obviously sick individual. You haven't been clear on what it is that you expect gun owners to do. What is it you're saying we need to do?
Granted I went after republicans recently because I noticed some shots being fired at the left. This thread is most productive when politics is kept out as best it can.

I have answered the question many times. just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean one wasn't given. But for you, and because you are so damn sensitive, I will answer this just for you and only for you because you are special.

This reply goes out to a very special person with whom this board wouldn't be the same without.

Control your idiots. I want you guys meaning gun lovers, pro guns whatever to take the lead in solving this problem. Your thoughts and prayers after the fact ain't enough. If you want specific things to do, well I can't tell you that. You guys shoot down all of our ideas. More laws, you say we have laws. regulations and licensing, you have issues with that. So I just want you guys to handle it. Come out strongly against folks like ted nugent who stand on stage with a gun telling them to go shoot people. Crap like that and Pizzagate cause people to get killed. Stop looking away.

To me it's like if my son or daughter got caught shoplifting, if they let my kid go with a warning they could rest assured I would take care of it. if I can't take handle it, then how can I bit@h when they handle it after I had my chance?

Now. Does that cater to your needs?

Geez.
I'm sensing some hostility. Have you tried closing your eyes and counting down backwards from ten?
  #213  
Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
I'm sensing some hostility. Have you tried closing your eyes and counting down backwards from ten?
I answered all your questions, showed you where you were wrong and this is what you come back with?

If you still wonder why i don't respect you, look no further than your above post.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
  #214  
Old 04-16-2018, 11:58 AM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Can you please just for once stfu about a topic you know nothing about? Somewhere along the past 2 years or so, someone led you to believe that your posts were either substantial or valued. Neither is true. You know dick about dick. Particularly when it comes to the topic of this thread. Please just for once shut the fu(k up because you're the only one who cares about your wildly misinformed and biased opinions. Dont. Care. Shut. The fu(k. Up.
Please, you are the last one to speak on knowing something. Do you want to go back and review the joe mcknight thread that you thought to be an expert on and completly crap the bed on. I still get a chuckle out of your claim that urban meyers will coach nd.

So no. You can't shut me up.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
  #215  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:09 PM
ckp160 ckp160 is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 678
Default

Quote:
If you still wonder why i don't respect you, look no further than your above post.
  #216  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Kelly Gruene Kelly Gruene is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Posts: 1,666
Default

I think it's about time for the mods to shut this thread down.
  #217  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I think it's about time for the mods to shut this thread down.
Shutting down a thread isnt a cure for dipshittery. Davis is a cancer to all discussions. A contrarian for the ages who would make PT roll in his grave...
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
  #218  
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 PM
VCDomer's Avatar
VCDomer VCDomer is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 6,596
Default

Somebody needs to shut down from posting for awhile and just count the lose threads on the sweater his grandma knitted for him.
__________________


Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do!
  #219  
Old 04-17-2018, 02:47 PM
davislove's Avatar
davislove davislove is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Shutting down a thread isnt a cure for dipshittery. Davis is a cancer to all discussions. A contrarian for the ages who would make PT roll in his grave...
I'm sorry I'm not one of your fanboys. If you don't want someone to have a different opinion r point of view. I suggest you just PM.

You also prove the connection between gun nut and internet tough guy.
__________________
A couple news stories don't represent a whole population of people.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
  #220  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 PM
echo88's Avatar
echo88 echo88 is offline
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davislove View Post
I'm sorry I'm not one of your fanboys. If you don't want someone to have a different opinion r point of view. I suggest you just PM.

You also prove the connection between gun nut and internet tough guy.
1) i have no fans here.

2) im not a gun nut at all. I use 9 different incredible specimens for work yet i only own 4 guns myself. 2 for recreation and 2 specifically for home defense. In fact, in a given year i visit a range about a dozen times for work and maybe once for fun. (For work i said...remind me again about what a "tough guy" is, benchwarmer)

Your knee jerk reaction to support their removal because a small percentage who are mentally ill want to abuse them wont fly with me...or really any sane American who is fed up with our new society of blind acceptance....

This isn't a military unit. We dont punish the majority for the stupidity of the few. Ive never once met a responsible gun owner who didnt support stronger gun laws. But taking certain guns off the market purely because they "look scarier" is akin to removing certain Halloween masks from the market for the same reason.

Then again, that probably isnt far behind in this pussified, social media-fueled joke of a society we have left...
__________________
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
  #221  
Old 04-19-2018, 03:47 AM
SpeedsterX's Avatar
SpeedsterX SpeedsterX is offline
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the shadow of the Golden Dome
Posts: 10,187
Default

Yea, I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I think we've all had enough. Locked.
__________________

"
If we were in the wild, I would attack u. Even if u werenít in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack u!" ~Manti Teo

Moderator

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Last Updated: December 11, 2019

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.