Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:20 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDomer View Post
No interest in South Carolina. Least in leaching off the Feds..? ..that's because this state taxes the hell out of its tax paying residents and businesses to pay for the multitude of welfare programs and unreimbursed health care for illegal immigrants. This state is seeing a mass exodus of tax paying residents and businesses.
I wonít argue with you there, very high taxes. But illegal immigrants bring in a lot of the tax revenue, so you are wrong on that point.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-31-2018, 02:07 AM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
I won’t argue with you there, very high taxes. But illegal immigrants bring in a lot of the tax revenue, so you are wrong on that point.
But they also consume more of that tax revenue than they produce. Less than a draw on that one.

Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do!
Old 03-31-2018, 06:45 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDomer View Post
But they also consume more of that tax revenue than they produce. Less than a draw on that one.
Separate argument for a different thread my friend. I could go into the long history of this issue and how illegals immigrants have been used by both parties to help the country. See it all started in 1670..
Old 04-09-2018, 01:26 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

While I and the founding fathers don't agree with Jim2Dokes about my right to keep and bear arms, I can say that I checked out some of his claims on California. The part about give versus take on federal spending is true from what I can find in my 5 minute search. Here is an interesting article that was actually a little bit shocking to me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasd.../#7149d3c5cab4

As an aside, 5 of the 10 most expensive cities to live in the US are located in California.

I have some family down in California and I've spent a fair amount of time in the state... mostly NorCal. Beautiful state. The scenery is breath taking. I, personally, don't care for the politics. HOWEVER, I do not live in California so if the people there are voting for the social programs and laws, that's their business. The problem for me is that where I live, the California "eutopia" dream spreading. In a few years when my kid is gone I'm probably out of here. I have no problems with gay marriage, trans bathrooms, and the legalization of marijuana. People need to live their life how they see fit as long as they aren't treading on other's rights. Which is where the left is seriously ****ing up. Trying to TAKE MY RIGHTS because you're scared of something (see the jackass who said full semi-auto, or look up anti gun rally on YouTube) is a problem for me. I also don't think the average anti-gunner understands the legitimate danger trying to take firearms away is. Imagine the violence that would ensue from trying to confiscate firearms.... it's actually a really scary thought. You don't like guns, fine... DON'T ****ING BUY ONE. Leave mine alone.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:50 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

A couple guys have quoted statistics.... here's a one according to the CDC. On their National Vital Statistics Report, dated 27 Nov 2017, they noted that 2,712,630 resident deaths were registered on 2015. Of those, 36,252 were firearm related. According to my math, that's 1.3% of deaths were firearm related.

I stuck with the CDC site and found that of those 36,252 suicide, 22,018 were suicides. Roughly 66%. 66% of 36,252 is 23,926. So those were a person taking their own life. That leaves 12,326 deaths inflicted by somebody else. So, 12,326 deaths in 2,712,630 is .45%

Now, I can't say how many of those 12K deaths were murders, self percent, or accidental... but I can say that less than half a percent of all deaths in 2015 is pretty unconvincing for stronger gun control in my mind. That's just me though. I wonder how many of those deaths took place in states with really strong gun control laws like California (Los Angeles), Illinois (Chicago), Washington DC, and New York (NYC)? I read somewhere that those cities were pretty safe.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/...ublic-unaware/
Old 04-09-2018, 02:27 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Aaaaaaaand lastly because it's funny.

https://youtu.be/IkL4lVMJqDk
Old 04-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Aaaaaaaand lastly because it's funny.

https://youtu.be/IkL4lVMJqDk
That's pretty good. I wonder if they got their influence from Candace Owens(Red Pill Black). Hers wasn't as over the top but still very funny.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8293686.html
Old 04-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Oh you beat me to it, I just heard about this bullsh*t last night. Unbelievable! I was digging around for more info on it because I thought it was a joke. It turns out that laws against knives have been discussed for years in the U.K.

One BBC article I read was from '06 I believe, and in it they mentioned that certain elements actually went to chefs around London or the U.K. to get their opinion about kitchen cutlery and its usefulness. Accordingly the chefs spouted their opinions that blades like large butcher knives etc have no practical purpose in food preparation. The take away from the interviewers was because chefs didn't like them or used them, then no one should be able to own or utilize them in their own food making, let alone the possibility they could be used as a weapon I sh*t you not! That's just the tip of the iceberg with these knife laws. A 78 y/o British man was arrested and charged with murder for defending himself with a screwdriver against two attackers during a home invasion recently!

Anti gun people and the left seriously wonder why 2A supporters are so dead set against "common sense" laws, bans, etc etc etc. This is exactly why, coming from one of those why can't we be more like them European aspirational peers who they love to trot out. You have no ability to defend yourself, loved ones, or property. Speaking the wrong things can get you arrested for hate speech or some such nonsense. You live in practically a police state with cameras everywhere in many British urban areas, which ironically hasn't helped them catch many of the knife murderers, but hey they got that 78 y/o. Police powers regarding searches and arrests are being expanded, but I guarantee who they will be discouraged from using those on. Guns were already banned for all intents and purposes, now they want your knives and will dictate to you what features are acceptable to have for them. Are they going to ban all forms of automobiles, because there's been some issues with those too. Blunt instruments? Fists? Soon everyone will just be tied down and stowed away in padded rooms to prevent anyone hurting or killing another human being. It's the only logical end point....
Old 04-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Whereíd all our gun control advocates go? Nothing to say about stats or the UK?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Whereíd all our gun control advocates go? Nothing to say about stats or the UK?
I donít live in the UK and they do not have the gun violence the us does. CDC can only do so much research because of funding and nra controlled Congress meme era so those stats are from other sources. I already posted a snopes article discrediting the stats. CDC canít do research on gun violence https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-for-20-years/
Old 04-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Oh you beat me to it, I just heard about this bullsh*t last night. Unbelievable! I was digging around for more info on it because I thought it was a joke. It turns out that laws against knives have been discussed for years in the U.K.

One BBC article I read was from '06 I believe, and in it they mentioned that certain elements actually went to chefs around London or the U.K. to get their opinion about kitchen cutlery and its usefulness. Accordingly the chefs spouted their opinions that blades like large butcher knives etc have no practical purpose in food preparation. The take away from the interviewers was because chefs didn't like them or used them, then no one should be able to own or utilize them in their own food making, let alone the possibility they could be used as a weapon I sh*t you not! That's just the tip of the iceberg with these knife laws. A 78 y/o British man was arrested and charged with murder for defending himself with a screwdriver against two attackers during a home invasion recently!

Anti gun people and the left seriously wonder why 2A supporters are so dead set against "common sense" laws, bans, etc etc etc. This is exactly why, coming from one of those why can't we be more like them European aspirational peers who they love to trot out. You have no ability to defend yourself, loved ones, or property. Speaking the wrong things can get you arrested for hate speech or some such nonsense. You live in practically a police state with cameras everywhere in many British urban areas, which ironically hasn't helped them catch many of the knife murderers, but hey they got that 78 y/o. Police powers regarding searches and arrests are being expanded, but I guarantee who they will be discouraged from using those on. Guns were already banned for all intents and purposes, now they want your knives and will dictate to you what features are acceptable to have for them. Are they going to ban all forms of automobiles, because there's been some issues with those too. Blunt instruments? Fists? Soon everyone will just be tied down and stowed away in padded rooms to prevent anyone hurting or killing another human being. It's the only logical end point....
What happens in the uk doesn't mean it will happen here. To be honest I'd rather have stabbings then mass shootings.

If you don't want common sense laws, then control your idiots. I'd like to see gun supporters police themselves when it comes to being responsible gun owners.

I can't see how you can watch that kid shoot up a school then see him get fan mail and money sent to him and not see a problem. Some of these gun supporters are sicker then the shooters.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
Old 04-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

It wasnít gun violence. It was gun DEATHS. The math doesnít lie. Which is why I put I have no idea what the non suicide circumstances are.

The UK article had more to do with now they want ďcommon senseĒ knife laws. SLIPPERY SLOPE. Itís clear as day.

I tell you what, Iím willing to consider common sense gun laws when the left will admit there might a link between radical Islam and things like San Bernardino and the Orlando shooting. Then we can discuss some common sense religious laws. In the name of safety, right? Isnít that the goal? Give up your freedoms for safety?

Lastly, Jim, where do YOU draw the line in gun control. Donít get coy either.... lay it out.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Davislove.... your signature is ironic given your stance on gun control.

As far as the Parkland shooter is concerned.... where are you getting your sources that his fan mail is coming from gun rights activists?

Just so I can get a feel for what you know about guns and their legal purchase.... I have a couple questions for you and the other gun control advocates.

1. What are the steps to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer?
2. What is the gun show loophole and how could it be corrected?
3. What is the definition of assault rifle?
4. What is a gun free zone, and how has it stopped crime?
5. What is the description of a common sense gun law?

Lastly, I’ll pose the same challenge to you in regards to controlling “my idiots”....
We’re going to go ahead and disallow the First Amendment until ANTIFA can stop all members from the destruction of property at their rallies, Black Lives Matter can prevent all members from burning neighborhoods, and practitioners of Islam can stop all Muslim terrorists from killing people for having different views in religion than themselves. In the name of safety.

Last edited by ckp160; 04-10-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Forgot to mention that the Philadelphia Eagles have to suspend play next season because they aren’t regulating their fans behavior after wins.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Lastly, Iíll pose the same challenge to you in regards to controlling ďmy idiotsĒ....
Weíre going to go ahead and disallow the First Amendment until ANTIFA can stop all members from the destruction of property at their rallies, Black Lives Matter can prevent all members from burning neighborhoods, and practitioners of Islam can stop all Muslim terrorists from killing people for having different views in religion than themselves. In the name of safety.
I think this pretty clearly pulls the curtain back on your worldview.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

https://youtu.be/iJmFEv6BHM0

Iím sure the anti-gun folks in this thread wonít bother looking at this 45 second video, but Kevin de Leonís description is complete nonsense. Yet, thereís some anti-gunner freaking out about ghost guns.

De Leon is from CA. Look up Leland Yee from CA for another good laugh.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
I think this pretty clearly pulls the curtain back on your worldview
Care to explain my world views to me? I’m DYING for your insight.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Care to explain my world views to me? Iím DYING for your insight.
Nah, I'm cool man.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:59 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Didnít think so. If you missed the insanity of my bit about the 1st, I assumed you wouldnít be willing to sack up.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Didnít think so. If you missed the insanity of my bit about the 1st, I assumed you wouldnít be willing to sack up.
I actually don't think you don't understand the 1st amendment in the slightest considering any sort of speech that is inciting violence or destruction would not be protected under the 1st.

But please, tell me more about your vast and nuanced understanding of Constitutional Law.

In the meantime, I'll go back to being a sackless.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
I actually don't think you don't understand the 1st amendment in the slightest considering any sort of speech that is inciting violence or destruction would not be protected under the 1st.
Is that what they mean by peaceably assemble? Dang. Which is why my statement about disallowing the 1st for the majority for the actions of the few is so ridiculous. Kind of like hamstringing the 2nd because .45% of deaths a year are attributed to guns is so ridiculous. The actions of the few do not warrant the punishment of the many.

Iíll save you the suspense, though, Iím not a constitutional lawyer. Are you? It would be great if you were. Then you could explain ďthe right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringedĒ.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:05 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

They do ban certain types of automobiles, have governors on speed controls, stops signs, speed bumps, safety belts laws you name it to prevent vehicle deaths. But guns kill more people per that cdc report. And again, the Tommy Gun was banned so why not Ar15s and ones like it? Why not more rigiourous background checks and other safety measures. I have to register my car every year, get a new license every 4. Oh and I know the 300 year old GOD didnít say I had the right to drive a car. They didnít have cars and again they didnít have ar15s. It says right to bear arms, doesnít say which ones. No one who wants a gun to protect a home (still waiting on the stats to show how effective that is) or go hunting should worry about increase regulations. Not when kids are getting killed.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

They also didnít have the internet or TV, or people blowing themselves up in the name of God, yet we havenít revisited the 1st.

Iím guessing you donít understand the difference between a Tommy Gun and an AR15. One being fully automatic (which are HEAVILY regulated) and the other being semi-automatic. You are aware people hunt with the AR platform rifle, correct?

You didnít answer any of my questions. I asked them because I donít know if you understand all the laws that are in place already. Iím really not trying to be condescending. I, legitimately, would like to explain to you anything you have questions on if I can answer them. There are a LOT of laws in the books right now.

I know you say that anybody who needs a gun to hunt shouldnít fear tighter regulations. However, we (pro gun crowd) look at whatís happening in the UK and itís not a stretch to see it happening here.

Hereís an example of how effective a gun can be in protecting a home:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...uspect-n462006
Closed Thread