Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default The Real Deal WEEK-IN-REVIEW

Thank you everyone for waiting so long. I worked long and hard on this to make it humerous and informative. I hope that everyone will contribute to the discussion, and it will be a good time. Like I said before I will only add a sentance or two to answer questions. If everyone enjoys it I will do more, if not I will accept the L and apologize for bringing something new and exciting to this board. So thanks to everyone.... ENJOY!

Dr. Laura

- So it is natural that a fake doctor, sex-tape actress, and controversial Right-wing shock host (insert name here) is in the headlines. Lets see saying the N-word nearly a dozen times will probably be defended by the like of her right-wing friends. Like many right-wing fanatics, they preach family values and on her show she does the same. Dr. Laura is a psychopath, she is like a serial killer, there is really no difference. She claims to be trying to help people with their issues on her show with "tough talk", but her own life is so sad and miserable that is reeks of starvation and havoc. It is funny, because most of what she says on her show I agree with, yes, that is right I do agree with a lot of what she tells her listeners. Do I sit there and sympathize with the fat person who calls in and complains about how people do not respect them?? NO, I love that Dr. Laura tells them to basically shut the f up and stop and get disciplined. The problem is that Dr. Laura preaches all these things but has had various affairs, her family hates her, consistently lies about herself, promotes pro-life but has her tubes tied, and like other right-wing crazies is naturally the one of the biggest ego-maniac on the radio. So with the long list of racist rants by the likes of Glen Beck (http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...st_quotes.html) oh, here is my fav. Beck one "I think she is a racist. I think she decided things based on race. I think she says that a Hispanic woman, with the experience of being a Hispanic woman can make decisions that a white man can't make. I can't imagine saying that. That's like saying Hispanics can't make money decisions like them Jews."
, Limbaugh (http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane...mbaugh-quotes/), and now Dr. Laura (). This is no surprise to me, this is just what these Looney-tunes do.

Gay- Marriage

- Why is this even an issue? Strong conservatives who want the government out of peoples lives cannot have it both ways. How can you say that you want less government and try to control people on who they marry? Who gives a Mf? Really, I mean, can you be so hypocritical? How can liberals be for gay-marriage yet want more government control? So, okay, lets say you are the religious type and believe it is wrong blah blah blah their going to hell. Okay! So again, why should you care, it is not you who is gay? Or is it? Because I know a long list of these people who talk **** about gay people and then turn around and their poking someone in the behind. Now, again this is the hypocrisy you expect from hard right-wing people. You see they love go against what they really are, it is the psychopath mentality. Serial killers thrive on this stuff, they kill a special group of people because they are a determent to society, yet they are in fact a detriment to society. Plus I always thoughy Christians were not suppose to judge others, at least they are better than Muslims in this arena as I have not seen a gay American hung or stoned to death. I would not put it past our conservative friends to wish it to happen though!!!

Flint Serial Killer

-The last rant brings me to my next one. A real serial killer! We do not know much about this person that I may have sat at next to at a bar! I lived in Flint for a minute, and my friend was just telling me about how she used to serve him at all the time. She said he was a nice guy who tipped well. So you never know!!! She is a close friend of mine and this story shocked me that it was so close, it probably shocked her worse. She jokes about giving him a list, it is humorous but at the same time it could of been one of her friends or mine! So far, we are not sure why he decided to carry out his craziness on black people, but it still shows the progress that this country and the world needs to make on race, and why the term needs to be eliminated all together.

Notre Dame Football

- Ahh the fresh cut grass creates the aroma that it is soon to be football season. In only two weeks the Irish will take the field for yet a wonderful fall season. There will be despair and there will be triumph, I am looking forward to the up-tempo offense. I will not give the usual about Coach Kelly this coach Kelly that. I know for a fact he will do a great job at ND. That is all....

Farve-

I am not sure why the most over-rated QB in the league gets so much press. He is like Snookie of the Jersey-Shore, I never watched the show but for some reason I know who she is. A regular diva. Seriously, Farve is a woman dress in a football jersey. These is nothing remarkable about the guy besides he always had great coaches with stout d-lines. He is good, do not get me wrong, but there is always something to be said about the right place right time. Farve got a lucky break early in his career and thrived off it. Rodgers is a better QB, yeah I said it. Not to mention the other 10 QBS in the league who are better than him. EITHER SAY YOUR NOT GOING TO CAMP CAUSE YOU JUST DO NOT WANT TO OR MOVE THE F ON!. I do not understand why this has to ruin my sportscenter and other sports shows. All I know is Farve at this point could die and I would not give a shhhh.

Detroit has the 8TH most Millionaires in the country-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...4.html#s122573

The poorest city in the world, with a 26% graduation hosts the 8th most millionaires in the country. Not only is that remarkable, but the fact that there is only like 800k people that live there!!!! Proof that trickle-down economics is bullshit and is a false concept. Detroit is next to Bagdad in their crime rate and is probably the worst place to live in the country. The school system is in wreck and still holds some of the richest Americans. http://detroitiscrap.com/2010/04/det...us-as-baghdad/

Lance Armstrong-

I do not deny the guys hustle. Lets be clear, the guy makes millions off his cancer diagnosis still to this day. I think Sonnen said it best, although he denies it. http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/0...imself-cancer/

Although Sonnen sounded like and idiot with the whole drugs caused his cancer, no it probably the balls riding on the hard pole all day, but the fact is he has capitalized and he is a cheat. With nearly all his US teammates' coming out calling him a cheat, it is hard for me to believe that this guy is in the clear. I am not sure what Nike is doing with Lebron, but they sure have the PR game going on for Lance. With the recent rash of steroid use it is no doubt this guy should be chastised with the likes of Bonds, Mcgwir, Sosa and the rest.

Last but not least Muslim Mosque-

So I have been criticized on this board countless time for wanting to update the constitution. It is funny to say the least. Lets see I want to change the constitution on an issue called the 2nd amendment, but conservatives want to re-write the whole thing! Lets see, so far, this month we should get rid of the 14th amendment, also the freedom of religion. I am so glad that I am so American that I just want to re-visit the issue of maybe it is not cool to bring you gat in the bar when you've has some drinks? Or maybe it is not cool for you local Nazi coalition to have guns, or maybe it is not cool for your local gun shop to sell guns to gangs. But I do not know, apparently it is worse to deny Americans citizenship if they were born here, or maybe it is worse to build a place of worship for a religion that has 1.5 billion people, and is the second biggest in the world, and the fastest growing. I am not Islam but I work with them every single day, and it strikes me as funny that so many people on this board claim to have PHD ect. when they hold so much hatred for the Arabic's. When I know for a fact, that Muslims know Algebra when they are three and we cannot even get more than 30% of our country to get a BACHELOR'S DEGREE.

Polls-

It turns out that the change has shifted, republicans are not going to get the majority. In fact, it looks like the senate will be about 54-46 democrats still. Sorry losers. IM OUT!!!

Last edited by scintrigue; 08-17-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Good stuff, of course not much to debate with me I agree with almost all of it.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Domer Domain Junior

More gun related murders, crimes, and suicides in this country than anywhere else in the world but we stand behind the second amendment.

A privately owned commercial building two blocks away from the Trade Center wants to open a place of worship and we want to blow up the first amendment. Earth to all you who oppose the mosque: hundreds of innocent muslims died in the Trade Center attacks as well.

Heard a comedian on the radio today who said we should re-build the World Trade Center and on the top floor put a giant mosque. He doubted any middle eastern terrorist group would want to destroy it again.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

That flew high and straight out of the ball park ! Well done.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Sophomore

Thank you my friends. It is obvious my right-wing friends are scared to comment......... They are MIA.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scintrigue View Post
It is obvious my right-wing friends are scared to comment......... They are MIA.

Or, nobody cares... Either or seems reasonable.

I will say this though, the way in which you paint the mosque controversy doesn't seem to shed equal amount of light on both sides. While there are many, many Muslims who practice their peaceful religion and positively contribute to society on a daily basis, the ones that are remembered are the ones who shouted "Allah Akbar" before ramming jets full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people and into a barren field killing thousands.

So to completely lose sense as to what would be appropriate when it comes to building a Muslim related project near ground zero, where thousands died at the hands of men who claimed to be Muslim, is playing the political correctness > common sense game. Yeah, I believe in religious freedom. But do they really need to build a Muslim Y within sight of an area where thousands of innocent people died at the hands of Muslim zealots? It seems to be motivated by the wrong impetus here, almost forcing the deciding powers to make an 'equal rights' claim when defending the decision, when in fact it has more to do with being respectful of the ones we lost and using tact when making decisions that would impact an area where these thousands of innocents lost their lives.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Domer Domain All American

Honestly, your views indicate that you will support Indiana Governor, Mitch Daniels, for President. He just happens to be a Republican. His interview in Atlantic magazine sounds eerily similar. Mitch? I know you are a ND fan! Are you posing as a "real republican"? Seriously, Scintrigue, 80% of America believes the same things it's the extreme 10% on either side that forces politicians to support stupid ideas!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Domer Domain All American

Here's the bottom line. Fix the economy and people will forget all about Mosques and gay marriage. Well......80% will!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Sophomore

Thanks Chiro! Your made some sense, I would love to hear more about Daniels as well. Post some of his stuff. As far as Don Juan, I thought we had some great private chats, I am sorry you feel that way. Erin Andrews has been waiting for my **** on the regular.

Dont Stop, the party dont stop...........

Last edited by scintrigue; 08-20-2010 at 09:56 AM.