Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Default Gene Wilder

Dead at 83. I was born in '77 and his movies have always been some of my all time favorites. Of course Willy Wonka was one of my favorites as a kid, but I think my favorite was Young Frankenstein. Then of course Blazing Saddles but I loved all his movies, aside from maybe Silver Streak, which was supposed to be super good but I never got into it. Still, Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother is oft quoted in my house (especially with me and my photographic hearing). He was one of the greats, sad to see him go.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post
Dead at 83. I was born in '77 and his movies have always been some of my all time favorites. Of course Willy Wonka was one of my favorites as a kid, but I think my favorite was Young Frankenstein. Then of course Blazing Saddles but I loved all his movies, aside from maybe Silver Streak, which was supposed to be super good but I never got into it. Still, Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother is oft quoted in my house (especially with me and my photographic hearing). He was one of the greats, sad to see him go.
Rip to one of the great ones
Old 09-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Domer Domain Junior

If anyone is interested Regal Cinemas are showing a special showing of Willy Wonka in honor of Gene this Saturday. I am going to take some of my kids to see it for sure.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Gene and Mel Brooks were comedic gold when they worked together. Blazing Saddles, hands down is my favorite comedy of all time. Young Frankenstein was another great movie.