Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Convert View Post
I believe it really got started when Junior Seau committed suicide five, six years ago and then a bunch of former players started coming out of the woodwork. The issue is, you can't really be diagnosed until after you die so your brain can be removed and examined, at least that was the case. I don't know if that's changed.

I'm in the camp that believes that if you're going to play as physical a sport as football then you should know there are physical risks involved. I mean, there are limits to how safe you can make the game unless you eliminate contact altogether and essentially turn it into flag football.

Helmets have been redesigned multiple times to try to limit neurological damage but you simply can't keep the brain from sloshing around in your head because it's surrounded by fluid.
Agreed. I've actually been trying to get protocols/policy established with my agency to protect officers who've been exposed to concussions specifically. I felt that current practices or a lack thereof were putting the officers, department, and city at increased risk, though my concern was focused more so on the officers. Right now its being discussed and drawn up to go city wide for all municipal departments, not my intent, and we'll see how much of my original proposal sees the light of day.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
Just pointing out the difference in cultures. They play soccer, we play football. We are a tougher people. I get that football can't be good for your brain. But neither is boxing, mma, hockey, racing, etc and no one is forced to play.
disrespectfully disagree it has to do with objectifiable measure of toughness
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The eND View Post
Wanted to ask about why you bring up soccer. I have never been a fan of the sport and to tell you the truth don't even know the rules really. Of course there are collisions in that sport but not on every play.
Probably bc it's a sport for pvssies. And "collisions" are hardly prevalent, most of the time it's these wusses barely getting touched and collapsing to the ground like they had a stroke. I respect the conditioning and hand eye coordination it takes to play, but the sport itself has no integrity.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Probably bc it's a sport for pvssies. And "collisions" are hardly prevalent, most of the time it's these wusses barely getting touched and collapsing to the ground like they had a stroke. I respect the conditioning and hand eye coordination it takes to play, but the sport itself has no integrity.
You have some anger issues.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
You're unbelievable
Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
It's called "selling a call" and every sport has its flavor of it....

They aren't being pu$$ies. They're giving their team an advantage, a widely acceptable and expected course of action in soccer.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
It's called "selling a call" and every sport has its flavor of it....

They aren't being pu$$ies. They're giving their team an advantage, a widely acceptable and expected course of action in soccer.
He's clearly never even watched a soccer game. It isn't rugby, but corner kicks or set pieces at a high level aren't exactly the ballet.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
Dude you're a caricature of the old man shaking his fist at a cloud, the only difference is you graduated high school in 2006. Anyone you disagree with is a "fvcking" "pvssy" or a "b1tch." The last one is my favorite because although you've posted on this site thousands of times you aren't bright enough to realize "bitch" isn't censored.

Believe it or not, all soccer players aren't bitches and not all people who disagree with you on how ND is currently run are "pvssies." Honestly you whine more about who you think should be banned from a message board than any self respecting man should, but again your name on this site is bragging about your high school graduating class, so what could I have reasonably expected to happen.

We can all agree that we want Notre Dame to win and we should be able to have different ideas on how that can best happen without resorting to sounding like a bunch of bickering children. Quit with the bullcrap, dick swinging macismo, it's not doing anyone any good.