Wash
Wash St
Fresno St

Media Links:

Twitter = @D_Morris5

Dylan Morris - Hudl

Dylan Morris | Graham-Kapowsin HS, Graham, WA | MaxPreps

Highlights:

Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-28-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Figured I'd post it here too:

Here's your class of 2019 QB per Wiltfong.

Was the Opening - Oakland QB MVP. Same HS as Foster Sarell.

Hey Big23Head, start a 2019 thread and I'll help you populate it tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:22 PM
Domer Domain All American

Looks like Ian Book. Which makes sense as Phil J. comes in as the prospective starter in that time period.

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 06-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
Looks like Ian Book. Which makes sense as Phil J. comes in as the prospective starter in that time period.
How do you mean?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCrusader View Post
How do you mean?
Little over 6 foot. West Coast offers. Pro-style with some movement skills but not a runner.

I'm in the take a QB every year camp so I think he's a smart offer.

But comparing film I like Phil's better and he will have a year head start.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3785137/...ghts/325166489

Last edited by FaithInIrishForever; 06-28-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
Little over 6 foot. West Coast offers. Pro-style with some movement skills but not a runner.

I'm in the take a QB every year camp so I think he's a smart offer.

But comparing film I like Phil's better and he will have a year head start.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3785137/...ghts/325166489
So you think it's a good move to get a Wimbush or Phil J every 2-3 years and then get good, non athletic guys in between?

1. No one likes Phil J more than me. I'm not sure I'd swap him for anyone in the class of 2018 unless Jadeveon Clowney's going back to HS. He is my eyes the perfect college QB for ND's system. That being said, I'm going after each classes Phil J or Brandon W. Justin Fields & Colson Yankoff would have been my next offers if Phil would have stayed home.

2. For 2019, I've long been a cheerleader for Hank Bachmeier from SoCal and Garrett Shrader from NC who are Wimbush/Jurko clones but the staff is really in love with the 6-0 guys this cycle.

3. In Morris' defense... He's ranked higher in his class than Phil is in his and he's had plenty of eyes on him with Foster Sarell being his LT last season.

We'll see.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:31 AM

Its a mix. You got Avery Davis this past cycle. He's got movement and running skills but as you said 6 foot. You need guys that will stay and be ok with some backup reps, only one starting QB.

However, as you said, I like QB's 6'2 or taller because of offensive lines. Alot of 6' foot QB's will end of leaving their lineman so they can see. Outside of the pocket can be dangerous without a speed element. I mean Drew Brees and Doug Flutie come to mind but usually the QB that can see in the pocket does the best.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

This kid is really solid. Irish staff might take 2 QBs next cycle. If they are able to land Daniels, it's probably just one, but don't be surprised if they push for both Morris and McNamara
Old 06-29-2017, 06:20 PM

I like seeing him taking snaps under center. That said, he looks small and that concerns me.

Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
This kid is really solid. Irish staff might take 2 QBs next cycle. If they are able to land Daniels, it's probably just one, but don't be surprised if they push for both Morris and McNamara
The Daniels ship has sailed. I bet they take two because in '20 you could have Phil as starter, Book opting to GT and Davis having transferred out seeing that he's pinched between Wimbush and Jurkovec. That would leave you with Phil and the two '19 QB's as soph's coming off redshirts. That's the downside you have to plan for.

I think Morris & McNamara are the same guy, with Morris being better vetted by the national scouting machine. Personally, I'd go after more of a Wimbush-esque style QB in Hank Bachmeier and/or a Phil Jurkovec-esque guy in Garrett Shrader. Both are dual threat guys with plus passing abilities.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
The Daniels ship has sailed. I bet they take two because in '20 you could have Phil as starter, Book opting to GT and Davis having transferred out seeing that he's pinched between Wimbush and Jurkovec. That would leave you with Phil and the two '19 QB's as soph's coming off redshirts. That's the downside you have to plan for.

I think Morris & McNamara are the same guy, with Morris being better vetted by the national scouting machine. Personally, I'd go after more of a Wimbush-esque style QB in Hank Bachmeier and/or a Phil Jurkovec-esque guy in Garrett Shrader. Both are dual threat guys with plus passing abilities.

Unfortunately, I agree on JT Daniels. He wants a pro style offense. My money is on Stanford
Old 07-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Morris really surprised the talking heads this morning. Fong and Loy couldn't flip out quick enough.

Wiltfong with the immediate CB for Cade McNamara now. Everybody on three... 1 - 2 - 3 ...... MEH!

Old 07-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Morris really surprised the talking heads this morning. Fong and Loy couldn't flip out quick enough.

Wiltfong with the immediate CB for Cade McNamara now. Everybody on three... 1 - 2 - 3 ...... MEH!

Apparently the staff moved on. At least that's what they are saying. In recent months, I have started to lean more toward Sinclair on Scout.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Apparently the staff moved on. At least that's what they are saying. In recent months, I have started to lean more toward Sinclair on Scout.
So the staff has him on campus, offers, then moves on from the #3 QB in the class all in 2 weeks. Sounds like there is more to this story than being reported.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
So the staff has him on campus, offers, then moves on from the #3 QB in the class all in 2 weeks. Sounds like there is more to this story than being reported.
I don't about fully moved on, but his offer was probably not a committable offer it seems like.

They also mentioned he tried calling the staff and no one got back to him so he thought they moved on. Wilftong also said something about Morris thinking they had another kid committed, which is strange.

It's definitely a little odd, cuz Loy and Wiltfong seem to still be fairly certain he was NDs if they wanted him. Seems like a kid that wanted to make a decision and feel 100% wanted and ND wasn't ready to pull the trigger with him.

Also, seemed to happen fairly quickly. If it was this weekend, the staff was at Elliott's funeral. Would certainly explain not getting back to him quickly.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

So FWIW, I have a really good connection with a close friend of the family to the other 2019 QB, Cade McNamara. I'm hoping to find some details on where he stands with ND in the coming weeks.

According to 247, he's the reason Morris committed to Washington. ND is simply pursuing McNamara harder. I hope to possibly get the kid on the phone and write and article about him for the Golden Domer Daily website.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:30 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Also, 2019 recruits are still not allowed to be contacted by coaches. They can accept calls, but if they miss the call they can't return the phone call. Pieces are starting to add up.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
So FWIW, I have a really good connection with a close friend of the family to the other 2019 QB, Cade McNamara. I'm hoping to find some details on where he stands with ND in the coming weeks.

According to 247, he's the reason Morris committed to Washington. ND is simply pursuing McNamara harder. I hope to possibly get the kid on the phone and write and article about him for the Golden Domer Daily website.
Frankly, this was a terrible, terrible decision. You give up on the Morris kid and offer the McNamara kid whose best offer is Wisky? That's unacceptable. I get Jurkovec might scare higher rated QBs away in the class of '19, but this kid should never take a meaningful snap at ND with that offer sheet. Bad move by the staff. I know it's harsh, and I hope the kid doesn't read this, but it's an awful commit.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:25 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Frankly, this was a terrible, terrible decision. You give up on the Morris kid and offer the McNamara kid whose best offer is Wisky? That's unacceptable. I get Jurkovec might scare higher rated QBs away in the class of '19, but this kid should never take a meaningful snap at ND with that offer sheet. Bad move by the staff. I know it's harsh, and I hope the kid doesn't read this, but it's an awful commit.
Not sure I'd go that far. QBs, generally are harder to evaluate and many of them move up a lot during their junior season. He could easily be a legit four star come next year at this time. He was suppose to visit many top notch schools, Alabama included. Not sure if those are still happening with the commitment.

The other thing I would like to point out is how many QBs turn out to be very good in college and actually end up the better pro prospects that weren't highly rated recruits. This is one position, I would surely trust the staff on.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:30 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Not sure I'd go that far. QBs, generally are harder to evaluate and many of them move up a lot during their junior season. He could easily be a legit four star come next year at this time. He was suppose to visit many top notch schools, Alabama included. Not sure if those are still happening with the commitment.

The other thing I would like to point out is how many QBs turn out to be very good in college and actually end up the better pro prospects that weren't highly rated recruits. This is one position, I would surely trust the staff on.
There was no need to get in on this kid so early. If he was that good someone outside the freakin WAC would've noticed him. And no, if Rees offered him, I don't trust the staff.

I hate bashing this kid bc it's not his fault, but at this point in time, this is a really bad signing for a critical position.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:43 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
There was no need to get in on this kid so early. If he was that good someone outside the freakin WAC would've noticed him. And no, if Rees offered him, I don't trust the staff.

I hate bashing this kid bc it's not his fault, but at this point in time, this is a really bad signing for a critical position.
Notre Dame noticed him because he came to their camp and performed very well. Offered in person after watching him work out. Rees might be the QB coach, but he is no way making the decisions on who to offer at QB.

That's how most QBs are offered by schools. Especially this early.

Believe what you want, but don't throw **** in my face when I'm simply delivering news to the board and offering a very small comment about my opinion of him as it stands currently.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Notre Dame noticed him because he came to their camp and performed very well. Offered in person after watching him work out. Rees might be the QB coach, but he is no way making the decisions on who to offer at QB.

That's how most QBs are offered by schools. Especially this early.

Believe what you want, but don't throw **** in my face when I'm simply delivering news to the board and offering a very small comment about my opinion of him as it stands currently.
This is a bad signing, no other way to look at it. I'm sorry, but if this is Kelly's future QB, fire him now.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:53 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Jfc this board
Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

I'm normally rational. However, I think you guys are being to lax in your attitude when it comes to this signing. Even Joe Schmidt walked on w/ way, way better offers.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
I'm normally rational. However, I think you guys are being to lax in your attitude when it comes to this signing. Even Joe Schmidt walked on w/ way, way better offers.
And how many offers did he have his sophomore year? Seems like you're going unnecessarily ballistic over this.