Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 01:06 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Time is already telling. NY is over run. New Orleans is looking bad and this thing is a ticking time bomb. What more evidence do people surely need?

This is about people, not politics.
Not sure what you mean by NY is over run ........Maybe in a couple of weeks NYC will be out of ventilators depending on the rate growth....on a good note there was a one day drop in the number of patients admitted into the ICU in NY, March 26 374 admitted, on March 27 it went down to 174 for the day. I know it is only one day of data but Iíll take any good news I can get.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-29-2020, 02:53 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_JACK View Post
Not sure what you mean by NY is over run ........Maybe in a couple of weeks NYC will be out of ventilators depending on the rate growth....on a good note there was a one day drop in the number of patients admitted into the ICU in NY, March 26 374 admitted, on March 27 it went down to 174 for the day. I know it is only one day of data but Iíll take any good news I can get.
Not sure this is a reflection that things are improving. Criteria for admission, change in policy, alterations of DNR orders... lots is changing... and not for the better.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:59 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
In the end we are going to agree to disagree. The virus and the statistics surrounding it isn't exciting me as more accurate information is coming out and treatments are showing very high success rates and are being utilized more.

I'm much more concerned about the economic effects on all levels, as well as violations of civil liberties the longer this carries out. People will only tolerate so much and for so long, no matter the fear. Trust me there isn't enough law enforcement or military that can contain that scenario. Which will individuals fear more?
Agreed....
Old 03-29-2020, 03:39 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

There isnít enough military? LMAO...
Old 03-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
There isnít enough military? LMAO...
Roughly 2 million active and reserve military I believe. Population north of 300 million. The numbers don't add up. You think the military is prepared to deal with large unruly masses of citizens spread out over the entire country in support of LE?

I've watched first hand how prepared and organised the military and LE would be, it won't be pretty. The equipment, training, and preparedness from top to bottom is not even close if we are faced with, God forbid, such a large scale scenario.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

I cant find much positive news ….Fauci warned of 100000 to 200000 deaths and millions of cases...the economy cant restart under those circumstances with damage accumulating....we needed a national lockdown 3 weeks ago...we need a top down effort to secure the supply chains for our heroic medical workers--God help them and protect them....we need leadership and the beloved leader is ranting about the great ratings of his medical briefings "my ratings are as good as the bachelor finale, everyones talking about it",,,Nero fiddles....this is beyond belief

aloha

Last edited by hawaiiirish; 03-29-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Another thing people arenít taking into account is all the other deaths that are resulting from care being directed elsewhere. Godspeed to those with cardiac issues because youíre on the backburner.

They are having real time discussions about who is worthy of reviving or who gets heroic means to sustain life. Lots of non-covid people are about to draw the short straw...
Old 03-29-2020, 08:49 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Another thing people aren’t taking into account is all the other deaths that are resulting from care being directed elsewhere. Godspeed to those with cardiac issues because you’re on the backburner.

They are having real time discussions about who is worthy of reviving or who gets heroic means to sustain life. Lots of non-covid people are about to draw the short straw...
And that's the issue at hand, I brought that up in one of these threads going. A survivable heart attack now becomes a death because all the first responders are tied up on other calls. I just read how EMS calls have doubled in NYC, I'm curious to see how long the response time is now. I mean how long until these guys burn out or get infected.

Last edited by GunSlinger; 03-29-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:15 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Wife is also saying that they are having to use a paralytic to stop your breathing to attempt to intubate and that there will be one or two attempts to insert and then they will have to abandon...

People assume that all these voluntary and requested closures and home stays are going to stop this but we are three or four weeks too late... hospitals are prepping for the coming weeks... thatís when sh!t is going to get really bad.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:33 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Wife is also saying that they are having to use a paralytic to stop your breathing to attempt to intubate and that there will be one or two attempts to insert and then they will have to abandon...

People assume that all these voluntary and requested closures and home stays are going to stop this but we are three or four weeks too late... hospitals are prepping for the coming weeks... thatís when sh!t is going to get really bad.
Preparing for the hoax?
Old 03-29-2020, 11:35 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregame View Post
Preparing for the hoax?
This is no hoax.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:31 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
This is no hoax.
My apologies, I was being sarcastic.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:01 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiirish View Post
I cant find much positive news Ö.Fauci warned of 100000 to 200000 deaths and millions of cases...the economy cant restart under those circumstances with damage accumulating....we needed a national lockdown 3 weeks ago...we need a top down effort to secure the supply chains for our heroic medical workers--God help them and protect them....we need leadership and the beloved leader is ranting about the great ratings of his medical briefings "my ratings are as good as the bachelor finale, everyones talking about it",,,Nero fiddles....this is beyond belief

aloha
Good news....the growth rate in NY while still increasing it is not increasing as fast as some had predicted....steps that have been taken i.e. social distancing is helping lower the curve....approx. 1000 people were released from the hospital in NY yesterday....Abbot Labs developed the 5 min testing kit which is going to be used starting this week....NY started Monday to give critical ill patients the combo of two current drugs ( the one the president mentioned about 5 days ago), we should see the results soon.....NY had built temporary hospitals.... 280 people in NY were admitted to ICU yesterday (Saturday) that is two days in a row that NY has been lower then there all time high of 380 on Thursday...NY had 70,000 retired medical professionals sign up to come back to work if needed.....Democrat Governor Mario Cuomo has complemented the help from the federal government even thanking Trump.....private and public hospitals are working together on a grand scale like never before i.e. ordering medical supplies, helping relieve stress on hospitals by taking in some of their patients. Hawaii I could go on and on but there is a lot of positive news that we donít hear about from the media. As NY Democrat Governor Cuomo said yesterday you have to take the stories that the media is telling you ďwith a grain of salt. Some with two grainsĒ, I think that is Another way of saying there is a lot of fake news.

I am not say everything is fine just that all the news is not bad. Oh one last good news two members of my family tested positive one is now fully recovered and the other told me last night she was felling good (took her about one week to get over it). I will keep saying my prayers.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:07 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

praying for a miracle but the next few weeks are likely going to show we mishandled this from the get go...
Old 03-30-2020, 02:10 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregame View Post
My apologies, I was being sarcastic.
All good. Just a little sensitive to it all because my wife is an ICU nurse and I canít work with my medically fragile clients for the foreseeable future...