Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 01:04 AM
Domer Domain All American

Default Tom Brady

Anyone else watching the AFC title? What this guy is doing at 41 with this roster is nothing short of a miracle.

Guy is no doubt the goat, but you really gotta respect the guys work ethic and dedication.

I was probably barely a toddler when he played at Michigan, did anyone here see him having success in the NFL while he played there briefly?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-21-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
Anyone else watching the AFC title? What this guy is doing at 41 with this roster is nothing short of a miracle.

Guy is no doubt the goat, but you really gotta respect the guys work ethic and dedication.

I was probably barely a toddler when he played at Michigan, did anyone here see him having success in the NFL while he played there briefly?
He's come full circle for sure. He once was the game manager that beat I believe
the Rams with a run first game plan as a rookie. Has been the 5 wide out MVP of the league type guy. Now he's back to the coach on the field game manager type again.

Will Mahomes rising star be able to eclipse Brady's bright mind tonight?

Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz

Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Old 01-21-2019, 02:07 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Brady unfortunately passed up Montana and he is the Goat
Old 01-21-2019, 03:07 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Brady unfortunately passed up Montana and he is the Goat
Yeah, probably true which sucks. But the AFC East has been putrid since the Patriots dynasty. Also, Joe had to play against those all time amazing defenses in Chicago and the Giants. He also had to play in a league that didnít protect the qb like they do today. Heíll, they put in rules just because of Brady. Brady would had pooped in his pants against that Bears defense that knocked almost every starting qb they played that season. When Brady gets pressure in his face he shrinks. Think about the Giants with Strahan and Co. That Ravens defense that is equal the 85 Bears. It is what is.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:17 AM

Noone tell me traits over talent doesn't work.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
Noone tell me traits over talent doesn't work.
Yeah but I think everyone downplays Bradyís physical attributes. Obviously not a great athlete but heís 6í5. He doesnít have the strongest arm but itís well above average, and other than Drew Brees no one is as accurate.

I think he was an MLB draft pick, but either way the guy doesnít get enough credit for how well he throws it.

I agree though traits have proven to trump talent when you look at their roster. No one is the competitor that Brady is either.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah but I think everyone downplays Bradyís physical attributes. Obviously not a great athlete but heís 6í5. He doesnít have the strongest arm but itís well above average, and other than Drew Brees no one is as accurate.

I think he was an MLB draft pick, but either way the guy doesnít get enough credit for how well he throws it.

I agree though traits have proven to trump talent when you look at their roster. No one is the competitor that Brady is either.
I agree he's talented but its not enough to be talented. Dexter Williams was talented for 3 years, his moms fight for life inspired him along with being a senior he needed traits and he learned blitz pick up.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithInIrishForever View Post
I agree he's talented but its not enough to be talented. Dexter Williams was talented for 3 years, his moms fight for life inspired him along with being a senior he needed traits and he learned blitz pick up.
Yup, talent without traits is just a waste of talent.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Spygate and deflate-gate helps too....😉
Old 01-21-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Spygate and deflate-gate helps too....😉
Yeah, deflated footballs were why the colts lost by 30...
Old 01-21-2019, 05:23 PM

Old 01-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I just think he and Belichick's NE system are the perfect match. Belichick has developed into a very good coach, he lets his coaches coach and come up with game plans that play to his team's strength. They've mastered taking castoffs and lesser known players that fit their system well. Just very good team chemistry overall.

Kraft also mostly stays out of the team's structure too unlike some owners. *Cough* Jerry Jones *cough*.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Have to give the guy props. Nine super bowl appearances in a career is nothing to sneeze at. No matter what you do. His teams never had great individual talent offensively besides the Moss Years. And the run game has always been anemic. Which makes his feats even more impressive. But the AFC hasnít been great and he is 5-3 in the Super Bowl with the Seahawks and Falcons gift wrapping two of those. So, Iím still on the mend if he is the greatest qb ever. If he loses against the Rams, then I still drop him behind Joe. I mean, some folks claim Elway as the greatest because of talent he had to work with and the number of Super Bowls he appeared in. He would then be on par with Elway. I wouldnít mind seeing Brady going to another team like Montana did and take them to the playoffs. Just to see if itís the system or pure talent.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:36 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Have to give the guy props. Nine super bowl appearances in a career is nothing to sneeze at. No matter what you do. His teams never had great individual talent offensively besides the Moss Years. And the run game has always been anemic. Which makes his feats even more impressive. But the AFC hasnít been great and he is 5-3 in the Super Bowl with the Seahawks and Falcons gift wrapping two of those. So, Iím still on the mend if he is the greatest qb ever. If he loses against the Rams, then I still drop him behind Joe. I mean, some folks claim Elway as the greatest because of talent he had to work with and the number of Super Bowls he appeared in. He would then be on par with Elway. I wouldnít mind seeing Brady going to another team like Montana did and take them to the playoffs. Just to see if itís the system or pure talent.
Ravens had some great defenses. Colts with manning. Broncos with Manning. Steelers with big Ben. Thats pretty good. Also he would have 2 more super bowls if his defense closed the deal against the Giants twice
Old 01-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Yeah, deflated footballs were why the colts lost by 30...
LOL touchy. I don't care one way or another because it's the NFL. Montana is still my guy and the '85 Bears were the best team ever lol.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by golson5 View Post
Ravens had some great defenses. Colts with manning. Broncos with Manning. Steelers with big Ben. Thats pretty good. Also he would have 2 more super bowls if his defense closed the deal against the Giants twice
All very good points. I know my name says it all, but Manning was a bit of a choker when it came to big games. He got the one with the Colts and Broncos got him the other one. But I digress..As for the Steelers and Ravens...I always thought the Steelers should had one or two more with those teams. I think Tomlin is way overrated but was giving a great dynasty to work with. The Ravens were amazing on defense but just **** poor on offense. If you could score 12 on them you probably win. Itís all semantics really at this point. Montana never lost the big one and Brady keeps defying age.
I do remember Montana saying he would had loved to play in this day and age. Less injuries, more passing and qbís are able to call their own offenses.
Anyways, Iím not here to crap on Brady. The man has been a consistent winner and itís fun to try to debate.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Gronk is one of the best offensive weapons of all time.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:18 PM

On a side note, Mahomes' throwing motion is just so effortless. Holy crap I like watching that guy sling it
Old 01-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
On a side note, Mahomes' throwing motion is just so effortless. Holy crap I like watching that guy sling it
True. He can throw it from almost any angle with the flick of a wrist.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Convert View Post
True. He can throw it from almost any angle with the flick of a wrist.
And he accredited it to playing shortstop. Crazy, because when I left coaching the other coaches almost forvmced kids to stick with one sport. I remember when I played kids were told be an athlete and play as many sports that you can. Iím hoping this can lay the woodwork of bringing back the times.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM

F Tom Brady. F the Pats. Let's go Rams.

"It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it. "
Knute Rockne

Old 01-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Chris View Post
F Tom Brady. F the Pats. Let's go Rams.
Pats play team ball. No one player is more important than another. Thatís how this game is supposed to be played. Love it. Love Belichiks history with Navy as well. The Tams need to pick a city and fíing stay there. Quit moving around... The only real LA Rams are the ones qbíd by Jim Everett.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwavend View Post
Pats play team ball. No one player is more important than another. Thatís how this game is supposed to be played. Love it. Love Belichiks history with Navy as well. The Tams need to pick a city and fíing stay there. Quit moving around... The only real LA Rams are the ones qbíd by Roman Gabriel.
Fixed it for you.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Fixed it for you.
Haha!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Roman Gabriel...haven't heard that name in years. He was one of my favorites when football was football.