Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 09-10-2020, 07:27 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
Question: Had you ever heard of "cancel culture" prior to 2018? This isn't hard. You just dont have any valid examples because this is a game championed and perfected by the left.

No one on the right cares about getting anyone fired from Starbucks or decreasing the value of a street mural.

Hell, the left is even known to frequently eat their own in the never-ending contest of seeing who can become the most offended by anything anyone does or says.

You perfect the techniques of the Nazis you claim to hate. Lol....
Just because your buddies gave it a name in 2018 doesn’t.. whatever I already quit, cause your game sucks. Next you will say you have infinite lives and can teleport.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
Just because your buddies gave it a name in 2018 doesn’t.. whatever I already quit, cause your game sucks. Next you will say you have infinite lives and can teleport.
Alright then...lol. It was given a name because it was a new approach. Not sure how the pilgrims would've achieved such a thing without the weapon of social media. Sounds like a lot of quills and parchment would be required.

"Ben Shapiro doth evoke such dire and ill advances that I hereby beg the throne to vacate all royalties and boons to his estate....lest i hold the wind in my chest until vanquished"
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose

Last edited by echo88; 09-10-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Question: Had you ever heard of "cancel culture" prior to 2018? This isn't hard. You just dont have any valid examples because this is a game championed and perfected by the left.

No one on the right cares about getting anyone fired from Starbucks or decreasing the value of a street mural.

Hell, the left is even known to frequently eat their own in the never-ending contest of seeing who can become the most offended by anything anyone does or says.

You perfect the techniques of the Nazis you claim to hate. Lol....
Playbooks of Eisen and Sharp, all those color revolution techniques being used against us...
Old 09-12-2020, 12:01 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Alright then...lol. It was given a name because it was a new approach. Not sure how the pilgrims would've achieved such a thing without the weapon of social media. Sounds like a lot of quills and parchment would be required.

"Ben Shapiro doth evoke such dire and ill advances that I hereby beg the throne to vacate all royalties and boons to his estate....lest i hold the wind in my chest until vanquished"
Ha!! That’s hilarious
Old 09-12-2020, 05:19 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ngs/index.html

That’s just the president.

You generalize, I think the left has gone overboard on a lot of the pc, cancel culture ect. I just think it is ridiculous statement to say that the left is the ONLY ones doing it. Then you make these childish rules. I already pointed out cancel culture from the leader of the right. We probably mostly agree on this issue at large, but don’t say it’s a one way street. You are better than that, leave that to others on here. Maybe listen to others besides Ben Shapiro. After all, he wants to cancel gay people, weed, divorce, abortion and basically any social issue you can name.

He shouldn’t be cancelled though, neither should anyone else in the MSM, Rush, Hannity, Carlson. Those MSM figures can speak their mind to the mindless masses in this free country.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 09-12-2020 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Hope anyone out West is alright and out of danger with these out of control fires. Lots of smoke that some sick SOBs are starting them intentionally and not *ahem* climate change. Gonna be a painful run up to the election if this crap keeps getting ramped upped.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:29 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Hope anyone out West is alright and out of danger with these out of control fires. Lots of smoke that some sick SOBs are starting them intentionally and not *ahem* climate change. Gonna be a painful run up to the election if this crap keeps getting ramped upped.
https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...fires-72954708

Quote:
The FBI said it worked with local authorities to investigate claims that extremists set wildfires and found them to be false.

“Conspiracy theories and misinformation take valuable resources away local fire and police agencies working around the clock to bring these fires under control," an FBI statement said. "Please help our entire community by only sharing validated information from official sources.”

Officials in Oregon also debunked claims this week of widespread arrests affiliated with the Proud Boys or antifa.

“Remember when we said to follow official sources only,” the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office posted Thursday. “Remember when we said rumors make this already difficult incident even harder? Rumors spread just like wildfire and now our 9-1-1 dispatchers and professional staff are being overrun with requests for information and inquiries on an UNTRUE rumor that 6 Antifa members have been arrested for setting fires in DOUGLAS COUNTY, OREGON.”
Old 09-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

So Obama wins the Nobel peace prize for...being a black man elected President? I guess??
Trump gets Islamic countries (UAE, Bahrain, Kosovo (technically not a country?), and Chad) to recognize Israel and for Saudi Arabia to allow flights to and from Israel to traverse their country. He gets Kosovo and Serbia to enter into agreements with each other. He’ll probably get Qatar and/or Kuwait to recognize Israel.
Are those feats Nobel-prize worthy?
Of course they are.

But of course, all on the left will continue to rant about how anti-Muslim Trump is. He just can’t do anything good for Muslim people.
He’s just a terrible terrible person. (And truthfully, he might be. I’ll give you that he might be a terrible person).
Old 09-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Domer Domain Junior

There have been multiple arrests of arsonists in Washington and Oregon. Read my post, I never said who it was other than sick SOB's. I've read the rumors of Antifa/BLM arrests and I've seen ones alleging Proud Boys too. Regardless evil POS's are starting multiple fires and putting lives in danger, and it isn't because of Climate Change per Gov Newsome. I do contend there are agendas behind it, which from the 10,000 foot view seems to correlate with the chaos in the country. More will be revealed I'm sure about these AH identities soon.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ngs/index.html

That’s just the president.

You generalize, I think the left has gone overboard on a lot of the pc, cancel culture ect. I just think it is ridiculous statement to say that the left is the ONLY ones doing it. Then you make these childish rules. I already pointed out cancel culture from the leader of the right. We probably mostly agree on this issue at large, but don’t say it’s a one way street. You are better than that, leave that to others on here. Maybe listen to others besides Ben Shapiro. After all, he wants to cancel gay people, weed, divorce, abortion and basically any social issue you can name.

He shouldn’t be cancelled though, neither should anyone else in the MSM, Rush, Hannity, Carlson. Those MSM figures can speak their mind to the mindless masses in this free country.
Id say its about 90% left and 10% right. Cancel culture just isnt a hallmark of the right because it goes against what they care about. Both sides are equally at fault for the partisan chaos we are enduring, but when it comes to intolerance of beliefs, the left blows that out of the water ..
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 09-12-2020, 04:16 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
There have been multiple arrests of arsonists in Washington and Oregon. Read my post, I never said who it was other than sick SOB's. I've read the rumors of Antifa/BLM arrests and I've seen ones alleging Proud Boys too. Regardless evil POS's are starting multiple fires and putting lives in danger, and it isn't because of Climate Change per Gov Newsome. I do contend there are agendas behind it, which from the 10,000 foot view seems to correlate with the chaos in the country. More will be revealed I'm sure about these AH identities soon.
There are 100s of wildfires going on, there are always these types of fires every year, in fact they are normal. The climate change is related to how out of control they are not how or why they started. There will always be wildfires always no matter how they are started. Sometimes our own govt starts them in isolated areas to prevent fires from going to populated zones in the future. Fires all over the west coast every year, the difference is every year they are getting worse and more out of control. I read recently one of the fires was started by a gender reveal party. Maybe it was blue and you thought they were from a left wing organization, I could see you being confused.

The arrests you mention, from what I have seen and admit have not researched it much because there are arrests every year in the area for firestarting, appear to be tweakers. Just a few years ago there was a 13 yr old who started a giant forest fire near Oregon Univ.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 09-12-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
There are 100s of wildfires going on, there are always these types of fires every year, in fact they are normal. The climate change is related to how out of control they are not how or why they started. There will always be wildfires always no matter how they are started. Sometimes our own govt starts them in isolated areas to prevent fires from going to populated zones in the future. Fires all over the west coast every year, the difference is every year they are getting worse and more out of control. I read recently one of the fires was started by a gender reveal party. Maybe it was blue and you thought they were from a left wing organization, I could see you being confused.

The arrests you mention, from what I have seen and admit have not researched it much because there are arrests every year in the area for firestarting, appear to be tweakers. Just a few years ago there was a 13 yr old who started a giant forest fire near Oregon Univ.
Nope. The claims that climate change has anything to do with the severity is 100% leftist garbage. Fires spread in late summer because of the conditions of the environment and nothing more. That couple who did the gender reveal should be going to prison...just like someone who lights off fireworks that torches a neighbors house..

And no, forest fires that cover the entire Pacific northwest are neither normal nor typical.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
There are 100s of wildfires going on, there are always these types of fires every year, in fact they are normal. The climate change is related to how out of control they are not how or why they started. There will always be wildfires always no matter how they are started. Sometimes our own govt starts them in isolated areas to prevent fires from going to populated zones in the future. Fires all over the west coast every year, the difference is every year they are getting worse and more out of control.
I think California must be doing just a terrible job of how they manage where people live and the impacts they have on their environment. They seem to do a terrible job of how they manage the wilderness areas in terms of fires and propagation of fires.
They know they live in a relatively dry state. They know that the population is increasing and they need more room for these people. Why haven't they been more proactive in minimizing these fires from year to year?
Does climate change relate to "how out of control" these fires are? I think that's a point that can be debated. Certainly the governor of California doesn't think there's any debate at all.
Does poor management factor in to the fires? Of course it does. They just don't want to accept the responsibility for any of it. The liability and acceptance of failures is just too hard to accept.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Nothing as of yet indicates they have anything to do with anybodies politics so why reference the election. Arsonists have been around since the day man created fire and any reference to their agendas is hearsay or currently unfounded internet nonsense until proven otherwise.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Nope. The claims that climate change has anything to do with the severity is 100% leftist garbage. Fires spread in late summer because of the conditions of the environment and nothing more. That couple who did the gender reveal should be going to prison...just like someone who lights off fireworks that torches a neighbors house..

And no, forest fires that cover the entire Pacific northwest are neither normal nor typical.
Absolutely spot on! Also kinda funny none of fires are north of that invisible border with Canada...
Old 09-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Absolutely spot on! Also kinda funny none of fires are north of that invisible border with Canada...
It's literally just false calamity that theyll try to pin on trump to sway the election. This sh|t has gone on since the day he was elected. Hes a moron who has no business being our president, but this is just more liberal nonsense to garner more votes...
Old 09-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I think California must be doing just a terrible job of how they manage where people live and the impacts they have on their environment. They seem to do a terrible job of how they manage the wilderness areas in terms of fires and propagation of fires.
They know they live in a relatively dry state. They know that the population is increasing and they need more room for these people. Why haven't they been more proactive in minimizing these fires from year to year?
Does climate change relate to "how out of control" these fires are? I think that's a point that can be debated. Certainly the governor of California doesn't think there's any debate at all.
Does poor management factor in to the fires? Of course it does. They just don't want to accept the responsibility for any of it. The liability and acceptance of failures is just too hard to accept.
This could be a good debate, good points.
Quote:
There are 25 active fires in BC per the BC government website. So... wrong.Also, I don’t think they have had the high temps and dryness that CA has had.
Quote:
It's literally just false calamity that theyll try to pin on trump to sway the election. This sh|t has gone on since the day he was elected. Hes a moron who has no business being our president, but this is just more liberal nonsense to garner more votes...
No one even brought this to discussion until Jessie tried to stir up more conspiracy jabber. I simply was making the point that when the climate change is brought up, it is related to how out of control they are and NOT why they exist in general. But twist my words. Not to mention, I didn’t even offer and opinion, simply pointing out small facts of wildfires in general and why one might bring climate change into the discussion.

Let’s also not forget that he started this in the “Trump supporters” thread. If y’all want to talk about wildfires male a separate thread. Talk about liberals blaming Trump, when this discussion was literally started by someone on the right crying wolf.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 09-12-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:36 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Everyone in this thread should watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix
Old 09-20-2020, 07:01 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post
Everyone in this thread should watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix
It’s true social media has people believing that wild fires stop at the us Canada border, they don’t. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wus...e-fd17e1ebecf3

They also have people believing Covid is a myth or just like the flu having some people make comments like “Kung flu”, however as Trump said: Trump acknowledges that the coronavirus is more deadly than the flu, after speaking with Chinese President Xi Jinping earlier that day.

It’s really too bad that these social media conspiracy are taking resources away from our first responders trying to take care of the fires;

https://m.facebook.com/MedfordPolice...project.org%2F

https://m.facebook.com/DouglasCoSO/p...project.org%2F
Old 09-20-2020, 09:28 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
It’s true social media has people believing that wild fires stop at the us Canada border, they don’t. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wus...e-fd17e1ebecf3

They also have people believing Covid is a myth or just like the flu having some people make comments like “Kung flu”, however as Trump said: Trump acknowledges that the coronavirus is more deadly than the flu, after speaking with Chinese President Xi Jinping earlier that day.

It’s really too bad that these social media conspiracy are taking resources away from our first responders trying to take care of the fires;

https://m.facebook.com/MedfordPolice...project.org%2F

https://m.facebook.com/DouglasCoSO/p...project.org%2F
You clearly are talking out of your *** and didn’t even watch it. It isn’t ‘conspiracy theory.’ The people in this documentary are the very ones that created it or had a hand in creating social media as it is today. I highly doubt their political leanings differ from yours.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdntDrvr View Post
You clearly are talking out of your *** and didn’t even watch it. It isn’t ‘conspiracy theory.’ The people in this documentary are the very ones that created it or had a hand in creating social media as it is today. I highly doubt their political leanings differ from yours.
Huh? I did watch and agree was pointing out recent “social media” conspiracies as an example as this show illustrated. I don’t know what you read or how you could interpret my post any other way.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:29 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Huh? I did watch and agree was pointing out recent “social media” conspiracies as an example as this show illustrated. I don’t know what you read or how you could interpret my post any other way.
My bad.

As a side note, the right isn’t the only side with conspiracy theories
Old 09-23-2020, 01:05 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Rut-roh, incoming.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:32 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Rut-roh, incoming.
Oh come on! Who cares about the facts? Clearly the grand jury was biased.

Throw the facts out. Emotion wins the day!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:20 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Oh come on! Who cares about the facts? Clearly the grand jury was biased.

Throw the facts out. Emotion wins the day!
Not what I was referring to. But just got up and saw that decision in the Taylor case. We'll see how bad things get.