Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2017, 02:48 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Default Relax!

Holy (insert your favorite 4 letter word) people. We just put up 48 pts on a power 5 team and won the game. Yea maybe our defense didn't play great in the second half, but we won. At this point in the year that's all that matters. We could've been OSU or PSU. But we're not we won and we'll still be in the top 4 on Tuesday. Kelly and Elko are going to make the necessary changes and we'll be just. Take a deep breath take drink and enjoy this win. Remember we only had 4 of these last year.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 11-05-2017, 03:05 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Yeah we’ve already proven we can dominate good teams so I’m not concerned. We were bound to have a down game at some point and we still won by 10+ against a decent team. This isn’t even close to our magical run in 2012 when we squeaked by every week.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:42 AM
Domer Domain All American

Agree this team was 4-8 and now so many people are complaining because we didnt win impressive enough even with 48 points and 700+ yards on offense? Think we'll be ok
Old 11-05-2017, 05:24 AM

Agree. I thought Wake's offense looked pretty good honestly, especially their qb. I feel everyone needs to enjoy the victory and move on to the big one.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

D just mailed it in after halftime, I think it was cold rainy and they were looking forward to sunny beaches in Miami. Offense pretty much nailed it in too. BK basically pulls a hesiman candidate and the starting QB for a good part of the half. I think ND probably could have put up 60+. Whole team seemed to be looking ahead including the coaches. This performance will be forgotten if they dominate next week.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Wake played a good game , credit to them but more credit to us for winning against a team that definitely showed up today and executed their game plan well. Our defense was a little soft but on offense and defense it was obvious coaches were trying to make sure we will be as healthy as possible going into Miami. When Adams runs all over Miami he will be right back in the Heisman talk and when we beat them no-one anywhere will care about the Wake Forest game. We still won people and are still in the hunt cheer up.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKnobbe View Post
Wake played a good game , credit to them but more credit to us for winning against a team that definitely showed up today and executed their game plan well. Our defense was a little soft but on offense and defense it was obvious coaches were trying to make sure we will be as healthy as possible going into Miami. When Adams runs all over Miami he will be right back in the Heisman talk and when we beat them no-one anywhere will care about the Wake Forest game. We still won people and are still in the hunt cheer up.
I'm thinking/hoping it's this.

Gotta stay healthy in the long run. The game was over early. The greater concern was the next few games. Adams/Wimbush get hurt, and it's all over.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case29 View Post
I'm thinking/hoping it's this.

Gotta stay healthy in the long run. The game was over early. The greater concern was the next few games. Adams/Wimbush get hurt, and it's all over.
And sometimes you need a down game to wake them up a little, glad it happened this week instead of next.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

I am also chalking this game up to the fact that Wake has seen our Defense every day in practice for the last few years. Offensively, they knew what to expect and how to attack our defense because they know Elko’s scheme. There is definitely a “familiarity” factor when you go up against the same scheme in practice every day for years.

This combined with not being totally up and focused defensively as we have been we’re the reasons they carved up the D. I heard BK say it was a tough week of midterms or exams and that may have also contributed to the malaise.

I think the D will bounce back and be ready to go against Miami. To be honest, I was a little more concerned about our play calling and why we passed so much vs running the football. Running the ball is the reason for our success. It chews up clock, gives less possessions to the other team, and it beats them up and demoralizes them. I sure hope we get back to our identity vs Miami—I think we can expose their D line.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:07 PM

I think Elko and the D have earned the benefit of the doubt. This was a bad game, but I expect they'll be ready next week.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I think Elko and the D have earned the benefit of the doubt. This was a bad game, but I expect they'll be ready next week.
Yep, thinking the same thing.
And the operative word this week to all is: R-E-L-A-X!!!