Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

The majority of people who think this is not an issue support the Orange Blob and watch Fox News. The nation was would better off putting a 1st grader in front of the mic - addition by subtraction. We are at a point where the people who put this clown in office need to be held accountable, here and everywhere, friends , neighbors, you name it. They are persona non grata. They got what they paid for. It's not funny any more.

Last edited by Domer Dude; 03-14-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-14-2020, 07:05 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer Dude View Post
The majority of people who think this is not an issue support the Orange Blob and watch Fox News. The nation was would better off putting a 1st grader in front of the mic - addition by subtraction. We are at a point where the people who put this clown in office need to be held accountable, here and everywhere, friends , neighbors, you name it. They are persona non grata. They got what they paid for. It's not funny any more.
Lol...just goes to show how far the Democrats have fallen. I'm still a registered Democrat by the way.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

Does this hurt recruiting?
Old 03-14-2020, 10:24 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Wow.
Just, wow.
Gulags?
What did you have in mind exactly?
And, perish the thought, if he were to be re-elected, how would you hold accountable the 65 million people who voted him in then?

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 03-14-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Wow.
Just, wow.
Gulags?
What did you have in mind exactly?
And, perish the thought, if he were to be re-elected, how would you hold accountable the 65 million people who voted him in then?
Just as I said friends and relatives and acquaintances are persona non grata. They are not welcome. They need to determine what is more important - the club they belong to or their friends and family. It's not funny anymore.

Last edited by Domer Dude; 03-14-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhoosier View Post
You do realize that there are plenty of medical experts (who have no dog in the fight) who also think this is an over-reaction... But go ahead, demean and insult the people who do not agree with your opinion.
Please donít tell me youíre talking about Dr. Drew, thatís literally the only person in the last four days that has had that opinion. Theyíre shutting down countries man. Newt freakin Gingrich is saying we should do more and heís stuck in Italy.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:41 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Just as I said friends and relatives and acquaintances are persona non grata. They are not welcome. They need to determine what is more important - the club they belong to or their friends and family. It's not funny anymore.
You are assuming their friends and family don’t agree with them?
If 65 million voters choose a person, that’s a huge number.
If 65 million disagree, that’s a huge number too.
Gulags for which group?
This is a republic. Just because one group disagrees with another, that’s not a reason to jail the group that doesn’t win. If you want that form of ‘democracy’, head south to Venezuela. They seem to be doing just fine there.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 03-15-2020 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by case29 View Post
Does this hurt recruiting?
I think all universities are under the same constraints.
Trying to navigate uncharted waters.
Some school will figure out a truly novel approach and will gain some advantage because of it.
Hopefully that will be ND, but I’d place more money on Ohio State or Alabama (if sports books were open).

I do feel bad for the guys who enrolled early. They’re missing out on essentially all of the things that made them want to do that.

Last edited by Kelly Gruene; 03-15-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:17 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Did everyone in this thread perish? It went quiet - AND QUICK...
Old 03-16-2020, 04:20 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
One can only hope.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:13 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregame View Post
One can only hope.
Well that's really inappropriate, uncalled for, and quite disgusting.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:45 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

ďIt isnít an overreaction," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Monday at a news conference at the White House. ďItís a reaction that we think is commensurate for what is actually going on in reality.Ē
Old 03-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
I think that all of the Orange Blob's followers thought the virus thing was a hoax, continued going to his rallies, got sick, and, well, that's that.

Kind of scary to think that the three candidates for President are all in the high risk category for the virus. Bernie is truly ultra high risk, given his cardiac status. Gotta keep the kids away from all of them.
That might be hardest on Joe.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:42 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Well that's really inappropriate, uncalled for, and quite disgusting.
I thought it was pretty funny ball busting and laughed. Thanks for taking that away, Captain Buzzkill...
Old 03-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Lol, so much anger.

But youíre non grataing this post, so oh well.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:17 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysold View Post
Lol, so much anger.

But youíre non grataing this post, so oh well.
Itís not like the mainstream media hasnít lied before. Hell in just the last yr, itís been Covington, Jussie Smollet, Russiagate. I donít think this is a hoax, but how can you reasonably blame anyone who is skeptical about what theyíre being told?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:33 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Itís not like the mainstream media hasnít lied before. Hell in just the last yr, itís been Covington, Jussie Smollet, Russiagate. I donít think this is a hoax, but how can you reasonably blame anyone who is skeptical about what theyíre being told?
Really? This extends far, far beyond US borders and media. The reaction to date has been appalling and the repercussions are coming. Hard.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:42 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Really? This extends far, far beyond US borders and media. The reaction to date has been appalling and the repercussions are coming. Hard.
Not to mention that everything I have seen on a whole bunch of different media outlets are simply relaying what they're being told from health experts, many at the highest levels.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNorm View Post
Not to mention that everything I have seen on a whole bunch of different media outlets are simply relaying what they're being told from health experts, many at the highest levels.
...with a twist, of course. Otherwise the clicks stop once everyone has to use their bandwidth for work, school, grubhub, etc...
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 03-17-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Iím not saying itís a hoax, but Iím also saying itís hard to know the level of severity. China is a sh**hole. Other than NK, itís the worst county on earth. Should be no surprise that if a world ending virus did sprout up, it would be from there. Italy has a very high elderly population, and of course the elderly are most impacted.

So given how the media has lied, why wouldnít we be at least skeptical? Itís only fair.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:37 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Iím not saying itís a hoax, but Iím also saying itís hard to know the level of severity. China is a sh**hole. Other than NK, itís the worst county on earth. Should be no surprise that if a world ending virus did sprout up, it would be from there. Italy has a very high elderly population, and of course the elderly are most impacted.

So given how the media has lied, why wouldnít we be at least skeptical? Itís only fair.
I think itís fine to be skeptical about reports from China and Iran. I donít know that Iíll ever believe reporting from China, given their social credit score system and how they boot reporters from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and Time our of their country for simply reporting the news. I wonít believe reports out of Iran either.
Reports from Italy, on he other hand, well, thatís different. I donít know how a person can gloss over what has happened to their hospitals there. Too many sources to ignore.
We all make choices about news sources and credibility.
My choice is to believe that this event has the potential to overwhelm our healthcare system if not handled correctly. Other than Italy, I donít think it has managed to do that anywhere. But it could, and thatís a pretty big deal.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:23 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Wow ....after watching and reading how people are reacting to this virus I am amazed. One thing that I will appreciate more now is the fact that not all people handle ďstressĒ the same. I will never wonder again why a QB with all the physical attributes (you can put in the names) can not succeed at the next level....stress really does a job on some .....wow
Old 03-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I think that all of the Orange Blob's followers thought the virus thing was a hoax, continued going to his rallies, got sick, and, well, that's that.
Why were the Democratic primaries allowed to happen yesterday? Are the top Democrats just as bad as the "Orange Blob" for allowing people to be at risk? Shouldn't the primaries have been postponed?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Why were the Democratic primaries allowed to happen yesterday? Are the top Democrats just as bad as the "Orange Blob" for allowing people to be at risk? Shouldn't the primaries have been postponed?
The states are in control of their own elections not the DNC, which is why Ohioís were not held last night.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:17 PM

This is the report that apparently changed a lot of high level point's of view. Imperial College study: Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID19 mortality and healthcare demand