Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2017, 04:05 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Barkley has all of the media hype. But I think Bryce Love deserves it more than anyone. He is absolutely electric, and he is the entire Stanford offense.

Love: 135 carries, 1387 yards, 10.1 ypc, 11 TD
Adams: 132 carries, 1169 yards, 8.9 ypc, 9 TD

Absolutely love Josh Adams and think an 11-1 ND team would absolutely get him to New York with a real chance to win. But Bryce Love has been great. I don't think he will win because barely anyone is talking about him and nobody on the east coast watches Stanford's games, but he has been the best player this year.

1. Love
2. Adams
3. Barkley

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Old 10-31-2017, 11:58 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCrush View Post
I think they are going to start slobbing JT Barrett's knob.
You called that one. It's already happening.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
Barkley has all of the media hype. But I think Bryce Love deserves it more than anyone. He is absolutely electric, and he is the entire Stanford offense.

Love: 135 carries, 1387 yards, 10.1 ypc, 11 TD
Adams: 132 carries, 1169 yards, 8.9 ypc, 9 TD

Absolutely love Josh Adams and think an 11-1 ND team would absolutely get him to New York with a real chance to win. But Bryce Love has been great. I don't think he will win because barely anyone is talking about him and nobody on the east coast watches Stanford's games, but he has been the best player this year.

1. Love
2. Adams
3. Barkley
I have to agree with this. When Bryce Love sat out a game, Stanford became anemic on offense. But also, missing a game has to hurt your chances. At first it appeared that Bryce would run away with the total yardage category. Now, it looks like Josh may eventually win that award. Think about how this is playing out. the last game of the season pits Josh against Bryce Love. Just like Ohio State corralled Barkley, we may do the same to Love. Josh will absolutely go off on Stanford.

The only problem I see now is Barret. He was phenomenal against Penn State. Let's just enjoy the ride and say a prayer for Josh to stay healthy.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaIrish View Post
I have to agree with this. When Bryce Love sat out a game, Stanford became anemic on offense. But also, missing a game has to hurt your chances. At first it appeared that Bryce would run away with the total yardage category. Now, it looks like Josh may eventually win that award. Think about how this is playing out. the last game of the season pits Josh against Bryce Love. Just like Ohio State corralled Barkley, we may do the same to Love. Josh will absolutely go off on Stanford.

The only problem I see now is Barret. He was phenomenal against Penn State. Let's just enjoy the ride and say a prayer for Josh to stay healthy.
If the Stanford game storyline will be Adams vs. Love, my money is on Adams. A bit unfair since it will be our defense vs. their OLine and our OLine vs their run defense
Old 11-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Also did you see the bit they did on Josh's mother? She worked 2 jobs, provided for the family, raised her kids doing in the hard way etc...

Players with that upbringing never come back as they want to get their pay checks and start giving back immediately. I would confidently say there is 0% chance he comes back next year.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Also did you see the bit they did on Josh's mother? She worked 2 jobs, provided for the family, raised her kids doing in the hard way etc...

Players with that upbringing never come back as they want to get their pay checks and start giving back immediately. I would confidently say there is 0% chance he comes back next year.
Agreed, I fully expect Adams to go pro after this year. I do not blame him at all, in fact, I think he would be a fool to stay another year.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I absolutely believe if we get to Stanford at 10-1 and Adams goes off for 200 or more yards, he will win the Heisman!!! It would be marvelous if we could keep Love under 100 yards in that same game!!! I say Adams will be invited to NYC for the Heisman presentation like Te'o. I hope he wins the award. He is certainly deserving of this honor. Go Irish! Please get to 11-1!!!!
Old 11-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Domer Domain Junior

If we win out and he keeps it up this year in the remaining games he will certainly be in NYC for the ceremony if nothing else.

Josh reminds me so much of Eric Dickerson. Similar builds, similar running styles, similar athleticism, everything. All he needs is a pair of goggles.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Just listened to the interview with Josh Adams on November 1st. This kid is seriously legitimate as a person and player. He mentors a young 10 year old in a Foster care program and heads straight to his house after practice. All the hype isn't going to his head as he constantly deflects attention to his teammates. Wouldn't it be great if he could actually win this most coveted award. I'm predicting 200 yards for Saturday and that Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma to eliminate Baker Mayfield.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Heisman is one of those things where you put up great numbers all season, but you need to have that Heisman moment. Barrett had his, but he also is playing a few more difficult defenses this month with Michigan State, Michigan and the possibility of Wisconsin.

I can imagine the hype machine behind Notre Dame vs Stanford billed as this big game with national title and Heisman implications. Everyone is going to be watching that game if both teams win out from here. And which ever guy has a better game, fair or not, will probably become the Heisman front runner.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

According to a post on Domer Domain in another thread, Hansen stated that Josh is not a lock to forego his senior year. Everyone states it like it is a fact that he will forego his senior year. I think he may well come back as he is very into Notre Dome, his teammates and all the activities he is involved in. That degree and his history will guarantee success when he departs. Would make a very good running backs coach for the future Irish.