Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Why is everyone getting on Kelly when there was a thread not too long ago where everyone was basically agreeing with him?

To those people wondering why he's saying that now. Perhaps because the radio host asked him and he gave an honest answer
The whole "he was just being honest" response is ridiculous. To the media, recruits, really the entire outside world a college coach is a politician in the sense that they are always selling the program. Kelly, whether being factually correct or not, is not helping the program in any way.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Nooooo......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg he-wasnt-ready.jpg (28.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Kelly pulled a boner.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

It really doesn't matter much, irrespective of exactly what he said, or what he meant.

Teams will NOT put much weight on the coaches comments for good or ill....

Body of work , Draft workouts , overall skills and the preferences of certain teams will determine where and when he goes....

Kizers ability to take NFL coaching & how his skills translate to the league, will determine how he fares.....

Expect him to go late second round likely in the 50-60 range

aloha
Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Why is everyone getting on Kelly when there was a thread not too long ago where everyone was basically agreeing with him?

To those people wondering why he's saying that now. Perhaps because the radio host asked him and he gave an honest answer
We all say things among family that we wouldn't say in public. I'll attack some our players on this board yet defend them to an outsider.

I wonder why now on a radio that kelly decides to be honest. Not a trait i often attribute to him.

It would have been better if he just called kizer an RKG.

FaithInIrishForever--March 21, 2017
Old 04-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Domer Domain Freshman

The person who started this thread/discussion (The eND) is a scammer/troll. Trying to mess around, cause trouble. Look at post history.

The eND is a troll

Last edited by case29; 04-05-2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: "The eND" is a troll and drinks his own pee, and likes it
Old 04-05-2017, 03:20 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davislove View Post
We all say things among family that we wouldn't say in public. I'll attack some our players on this board yet defend them to an outsider.
I won't..........
Old 04-05-2017, 04:21 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Kelly was honest and correct with his comments. He still has his team back in South Bend and maybe a majority of them agree, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. As a coach of his own team I wouldn't publicly support him because you might start a trend and start losing guys to the NFL prematurely when they would have benefited themselves and his team by sticking around.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Based on the majority of responses and comments to the thread starter, most if not all did neither hear the interview or read the transcript. There was far more context to the story than the 140 characters for those of you who think twitter is the new novel. Kelly was actually supportive of the kid but felt he could best improve to help his future NFL employer by further developing in college. However he was very complimentary about his skill set, leadership abilities etc. And he was speaking with Brady Quinn and started his answer by saying to Brady, "you know better than anyone" relative to being an ND to NFL hyped QB. The guy who started this thread did a great job at inciting the anti
Kelly crowd but worse yet are those responding without even knowing the facts. ATTACK...then get the facts.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish View Post
Based on the majority of responses and comments to the thread starter, most if not all did neither hear the interview or read the transcript. There was far more context to the story than the 140 characters for those of you who think twitter is the new novel. Kelly was actually supportive of the kid but felt he could best improve to help his future NFL employer by further developing in college. However he was very complimentary about his skill set, leadership abilities etc. And he was speaking with Brady Quinn and started his answer by saying to Brady, "you know better than anyone" relative to being an ND to NFL hyped QB. The guy who started this thread did a great job at inciting the anti
Kelly crowd but worse yet are those responding without even knowing the facts. ATTACK...then get the facts.
There is a pro-Kelly crowd?
Old 04-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1baby View Post
Kelly pulled a boner.
That girl in your avatar pulled a boner..............

Too much virtue is gonna hurt you!!

Clarity
The moment when you realize the preseason polls were wrong. Again.

ASBC!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Meanwhile, on the other side of the island:

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...m_content=Link

Just looking at the difference between someone who acts like a jilted lover and someone who acts like a man.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post

Just looking at the difference between someone who acts like a jilted lover and someone who acts like a man.
Well Sanford doesnt need to stockpile excuses for a likely disappointing 2017 season. BK does.
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 04-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Domer Domain Junior

"We put an inordinate amount of stuff on his plate" - Mike Sanford on Deshone Kizer

inordinate: unusually or disproportionately large; excessive

This quote sums up the problem with Brian Kelly and our program since Day 1. He gets into the heads of his QBs and puts too much on their plate, and then they regress. I've never seen a Head Coach treat his QBs the way BK does. Complete overload. While he's gotten a bit better about it, I will never forget the blue-faced days of BK screaming at his QB after every single possession.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
There is a pro-Kelly crowd?
Nope, just fan of ND football. My point was the context in which the comments were taken out of context and the potential for negative consequences. Now, would it be better if he was more like Jimbo Fisher, who luke warm endorsed EJ Manuel, first round bust, but said to wait for Winston, which was never publicized or go the Kelly route and be more direct. That's a pick your poison. I just don't like when cherry picked words distort the reality. Fair?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish View Post
Nope, just fan of ND football. My point was the context in which the comments were taken out of context and the potential for negative consequences. Now, would it be better if he was more like Jimbo Fisher, who luke warm endorsed EJ Manuel, first round bust, but said to wait for Winston, which was never publicized or go the Kelly route and be more direct. That's a pick your poison. I just don't like when cherry picked words distort the reality. Fair?
The media cherry-picked the interview, which is what they do. Fans are only responding to the sensationalized headlines that make our program, once again, look bad. BK has to be smarter than to give them that. He opened the door with his comments, truthful or not
Old 04-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAngel View Post

Wow. That's how it's done. The weird thing is didn't BK basically run GA3 off after his father criticized him? Didn't Jay Hayes get punished for speaking out about the coaching? Seems he can dish it but not take it.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davislove View Post
Wow. That's how it's done. The weird thing is didn't BK basically run GA3 off after his father criticized him? Didn't Jay Hayes get punished for speaking out about the coaching? Seems he can dish it but not take it.
It had to do with using his phone during some team dinner after BK told him to hang up. Then after he left his brother followed suit...

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...re-Dame-178677
"If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission. And that is incompatible with a secular democracy." - Flemming Rose
Old 04-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo88 View Post
It had to do with using his phone during some team dinner after BK told him to hang up. Then after he left his brother followed suit...

http://notredame.247sports.com/Artic...re-Dame-178677
I know that's the story but would kelly have been so heavy handed if his father didn't criticize him? I think GA3 said the right thing for an interview.

His brother I believe stuck around another year but was not asked back for a 5th year.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Bertrand Berry: "I'm ashamed to be assoc. w/ ND right now because ND is associated with Brian Kelly."

Segment on Brian Kelly begins ~30:20
http://arizonasports.com/category/po...n=Off+The+Edge
Old 04-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer Dude View Post
A couple of things.

1. He wants the best for Kizer. He wants him to get into a system that will allow him to mature.

2. 9/10 drafted QB's are not NFL ready and need 1 or 2 years to get used to speed, work on fundamentals, etc.

3. Kelly wants NFL to respect ND and how it transitions players to NFL.
If Kelly wants respect, from the NFL, or anybody else, he should lead ND to a BCS Championship and jump to the NFL as a Head Coach. Of course, this will never happen. So, Kelly being the giant a$$hole he is just criticized a guy who will get to the NFL, a place Kelly will never sniff the field.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_domer View Post
Bertrand Berry: "I'm ashamed to be assoc. w/ ND right now because ND is associated with Brian Kelly."

Segment on Brian Kelly begins ~30:20
http://arizonasports.com/category/po...n=Off+The+Edge
This is another PR nightmare for ND. Kelly is a walking, talking case of stupid.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:39 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to JTennant

We all know Kizer needed more time here. The issue fans have is that talking about a player who is no longer with the team goes against the one day/practice/game at a time philosophy that coaches spew when we are looking for candid coments. Our coach can be very candid. Why waste breath and mental energy on a kid that's not on this team.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Banned
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTennant View Post
We all know Kizer needed more time here. The issue fans have is that talking about a player who is no longer with the team goes against the one day/practice/game at a time philosophy that coaches spew when we are looking for candid coments. Our coach can be very candid. Why waste breath and mental energy on a kid that's not on this team.
ND is family. Kizer is family. ND takes great care of players after they leave ND.

Reggie Bush is head of the monogram club. He and ND takes great care of the players old and young. Reggie personally took care of my aging father and me before, during, and after the game while taking hundreds others.

Kelly wants the best for Kizer and that is get into a team that futures him and allows him to grow and does run over him like road kill aka Clausen. This is more important than a couple positions on the draft broad. A 5 or 10 year career in the NFL rathe than 1 or 2.

ND | Family
Old 04-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTennant View Post
We do?

What ND QB got better the more time they spent with Kelly?

And Kelly didn't waste his breath because he's an idiot who has an inflated sense of his importance to the NFL. If he had an NFL offer he would have jumped ship after 2012 just as quickly as he left Cincinnati for ND.