Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1501  
Old 01-10-2021, 06:46 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
Still standing firmly behind my posts.

Links or stop? How is anyone allowed to do that when big tech has censored any dissenting facts and opinions from the net? Case in point storming the capital. There are tons of videos showing what happened. Yet they are getting scrubbed across all platforms. Why would that be, could it be that the MSM and swamp don't want people to see what really happened recorded by people who were there? Capitol police opening barriers for people to come in, giving tours, posing for selfies with the "rioters". Don't worry more info will come out clarifying what happened in the future I'm sure.

Plotting something, a threat to national security? Nope, no need. Ain't my game to play, all will be revealed soon enough though. You're right the rats are leaving. DC is panicking.

The NSA states that if you see something you should say something. That is your civic duty, as a police office you should really do something to avoid another Terrorist attack if you know something. The electors have voted, the senators have confirmed, there is only a terrorist action that could postpone a new president. As a police officer it is your duty to report upon any attempts to harm others. NO MATTER IF THEY AGREE WITH YOUR BELIEFS

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-10-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #1502  
Old 01-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Synoptico Synoptico is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsan View Post
the number of people i would actually enjoy watching a notre dame game with on this board is dwindling...
name names!!!!!!!
__________________
Please consider supporting Make A Wish and my fundraising goal.
http://site.wish.org/site/TR/Friends...pwtf1qqgjf0nn1

Reply With Quote
  #1503  
Old 01-11-2021, 07:05 PM
Irish Chris's Avatar
Irish Chris Irish Chris is offline
Moderator
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 6,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
The number of people I would actually enjoy watching a Notre Dame game with on this board is dwindling...
at an alarming rate smh
__________________
condom hater extraordinaire


"It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it. "
Knute Rockne

Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #1504  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:04 PM
TexasDomer's Avatar
TexasDomer TexasDomer is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,541
Default

So many here were only too eager to parrot the claims of the president that his own administration debunked.

So FEW of you have decided to speak up after that invasion of the U.S. Capitol.

This speaks volumes about each of you.
Reply With Quote
  #1505  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:50 PM
NYGoldenDomer NYGoldenDomer is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDomer View Post
So many here were only too eager to parrot the claims of the president that his own administration debunked.

So FEW of you have decided to speak up after that invasion of the U.S. Capitol.

This speaks volumes about each of you.
I've only been posting more regularly here over the past few months and have no clue who has what political allegiances here nor does anyone know mine. I feel comfortable putting out into the world what I am about to type.

I'll start with the fact that I do not consider myself Republican nor Democrat. I don't like politics or politicians enough to claim a side. I served 6 years in the Marine Corps so naturally I do lean more right but I've been a registered Independent since I was of legal age. In 2016 I registered Republican for the first time. I didn't really consider myself a Republican but I knew for sure I did not side with the Democratic party. Between the crybaby liberal leftists that I saw/read everywhere, to Hilary, and to Bernie and his Socialist nonsense. I registered Republican specifically to vote in the primary because I honestly did not want to see Trump win that nomination. I liked Kasich. He seemed "normal" and not fake like most of the others. He came off as "Presidential" to me more than the others. I voted and hoped for Kasich to win the nomination. He did not, obviously.

With all the bullshit going on with the Democratic party I voted Trump in the 2016 general election, although I would have voted for anyone from the right to ensure Hillary didn't win. I would say I was more anti-Hillary than I was pro-Trump. I was comfortable with Trump because I was a fool who fell for his drain the swamp bullshit. I never considered myself a "MAGA" "Trumpist" or whatever, I just wanted to see the corruption removed from politics. How naive of my 33 year old self.

Fast forward 4 years of drama and bullshit, and although I was content with the state of our economy, I was tired of the charades and ready for a change. Ignorant to candidate/election rules, I hoped that the GOP would, against all odds, throw another candidate on their ticket aside from the Incumbent Trump. I know, stupid thought, I honestly didn't know if it was even allowed, too embarrassed to ask lol. I just wanted anyone to vote for other than Trump and Biden.

Reluctantly, I voted Trump this past November. I hoped he would reign in his bullshit if he won. I did not want to see Harris, Schumer, and Pelosi's puppet win. I don't see him lasting his full 4 year term and I do not want Harris and Pelosi running things. I think if Gabbard had been the VP pick I could have been comfortable voting Biden. There is just something about Harris that I do not like.

Fast forward another 2 months and holy ****ing ****. I don't understand how anyone can still be so infatuated with this guy. He is a complete and utter embarrassment. He and his followers are not patriots. I consider myself to be a very patriotic person, I could never bring myself to be a part of whatever it is that these people are. I am back to being a registered Independent and I really hope that 2024 brings us more likable and level headed candidates...on both sides.

edit - my apologies for the novel lol

Last edited by NYGoldenDomer; 01-13-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1506  
Old 01-13-2021, 04:18 PM
soulpatch soulpatch is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGoldenDomer View Post
removed content to shorten my message.
Thank you for sharing. I've mostly leaned left but I have to say, in addition the pain of capitol being attacked, the 6th made me really sad to see the Republican party having such an awful day. The GA runoff would have been bad enough but the split between 'traditional conservative values' and MAGA is awful to witness from a somewhat more neutral vantage point.

Generally speaking, I sympathize with just about everybody that has a vested interest in this right now. The discontent and combativeness is demoralizing.

Thanks for sharing your story NYgd. While we may see things differently politically, I empathize with what has clearly been a demoralizing effort to find representation for you and your values in the government.
Reply With Quote
  #1507  
Old 01-13-2021, 04:30 PM
TexasDomer's Avatar
TexasDomer TexasDomer is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,541
Default

NYGoldenDomeró

Thank you for serving, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #1508  
Old 01-13-2021, 04:48 PM
NYGoldenDomer NYGoldenDomer is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
Thank you for sharing. I've mostly leaned left but I have to say, in addition the pain of capitol being attacked, the 6th made me really sad to see the Republican party having such an awful day. The GA runoff would have been bad enough but the split between 'traditional conservative values' and MAGA is awful to witness from a somewhat more neutral vantage point.

Generally speaking, I sympathize with just about everybody that has a vested interest in this right now. The discontent and combativeness is demoralizing.

Thanks for sharing your story NYgd. While we may see things differently politically, I empathize with what has clearly been a demoralizing effort to find representation for you and your values in the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDomer View Post
NYGoldenDomeró

Thank you for serving, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Thanks guys. Though, I didn't post looking for gratitude, I just wanted to show that there are people who voted Trump but don't condone what he has turned out to be. While I do see plenty of the MAGA types strewn across my social media friends, I also know a lot of people who voted for him a second time simply because their retirement funds have never been in such great shape prior. Either way, I don't judge. To each their own.
Reply With Quote
  #1509  
Old 01-13-2021, 05:07 PM
TexasDomer's Avatar
TexasDomer TexasDomer is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,541
Default

You didn't post looking for gratitude.

You didn't serve looking for gratitude.

And yet you deserve gratitude. More, in my opinion, that's part of WHY you deserve gratitude.
Reply With Quote
  #1510  
Old 01-13-2021, 06:13 PM
NYGoldenDomer NYGoldenDomer is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDomer View Post
You didn't post looking for gratitude.

You didn't serve looking for gratitude.

And yet you deserve gratitude. More, in my opinion, that's part of WHY you deserve gratitude.
Just pretend those are beers instead of tea lol
Reply With Quote
  #1511  
Old 01-14-2021, 01:13 AM
Soko Soko is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,103
Default

Sorry, no excuses for voting for this cretin twice and realising only now that he's a monster.

The same tired rambles are being put out by the GOP even today. Don't impeach, we need unity blah blah blah. Trump has lived his entire life without suffering the consequences of his actions. To impeach him should be to purge him from the party and politics in general and allow the GOP to hopefully come back a little bit more the centre. Only that may help things move forward.
Reply With Quote
  #1512  
Old 01-15-2021, 04:27 PM
ColinKSU's Avatar
ColinKSU ColinKSU is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,332
Send a message via AIM to ColinKSU
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDomer View Post
So many here were only too eager to parrot the claims of the president that his own administration debunked.

So FEW of you have decided to speak up after that invasion of the U.S. Capitol.

This speaks volumes about each of you.
I noticed that as well.
__________________
Trying my best to care less and less about sports.
Reply With Quote
  #1513  
Old 01-15-2021, 08:10 PM
Dardo's Avatar
Dardo Dardo is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
Sorry, no excuses for voting for this cretin twice and realising only now that he's a monster.

The same tired rambles are being put out by the GOP even today. Don't impeach, we need unity blah blah blah. Trump has lived his entire life without suffering the consequences of his actions. To impeach him should be to purge him from the party and politics in general and allow the GOP to hopefully come back a little bit more the centre. Only that may help things move forward.
While I donít disagree with any of this, it makes me feel better to attribute Trumpís voting bloc to stupidity rather than malice. Yes, he is a terrible person, a terrible president and has done nothing but lie to both the American people since heís been in the public eye. Yes, his voters most certainly WERE voting for a lot of racism and undemocratic things. But rather than thinking every one out of the 10s of millions of trump voters is a racist scumbag, it eases my mind to believe that many of them are uninformed, lied to and afraid of things they donít have experience with/understand.
Reply With Quote
  #1514  
Old 01-15-2021, 09:14 PM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

Sounds like some house members are about to get some law and order:

Tearful Pelosi says Congress members may be prosecuted as she announces Capitol security review, taps Russell Honorť to lead review. Sounds like she knows something we all don’t, and I fear it is not going to be good for this country. Thank goodness we got Russ to clean this up.

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-16-2021 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1515  
Old 01-16-2021, 04:47 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGoldenDomer View Post
Just pretend those are beers instead of tea lol
Beers anytime friend on me.
Reply With Quote
  #1516  
Old 01-16-2021, 06:07 AM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardo View Post
While I donít disagree with any of this, it makes me feel better to attribute Trumpís voting bloc to stupidity rather than malice. Yes, he is a terrible person, a terrible president and has done nothing but lie to both the American people since heís been in the public eye. Yes, his voters most certainly WERE voting for a lot of racism and undemocratic things. But rather than thinking every one out of the 10s of millions of trump voters is a racist scumbag, it eases my mind to believe that many of them are uninformed, lied to and afraid of things they donít have experience with/understand.
Did it ever occur to you that people who voted for Trump might not be racist or uninformed, etc. but were simply voting against Hillary and Biden and the Democratic agenda? I would hazard a guess that the majority of Trump voters would have voted for the Republican candidate regardless of who it was.

Also, are you saying that Trump voters are afraid of a bigger federal government that wants a larger share of our income via taxes because they simply do not understand how the federal government will spend our money much more wisely than we could ourselves?

For the record, I voted libertarian in 2016 and 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #1517  
Old 01-16-2021, 06:39 AM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that people who voted for Trump might not be racist or uninformed, etc. but were simply voting against Hillary and Biden and the Democratic agenda? I would hazard a guess that the majority of Trump voters would have voted for the Republican candidate regardless of who it was.

Also, are you saying that Trump voters are afraid of a bigger federal government that wants a larger share of our income via taxes because they simply do not understand how the federal government will spend our money much more wisely than we could ourselves?

For the record, I voted libertarian in 2016 and 2020.
You didn’t even read Dardos post. Funny you rail all day long against BK, but can’t tell incompetence when it is in front of your face. I think it is clear that 1. Hilary would have been better as much as I dislike her. 2. She damn sure would not be go down in history as the equivalent to Jefferson Davis. You want to support a terrorist? What’s the democratic agenda? See this is false no one makes more money than under democrats. You always vote against your interest, that’s a different thread. Don’t take my word for it, Trump: "The economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". At least there is one thing in life he got right.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...-june-2016.pdf

Libertarian, let me guess; no stop signs right?

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-16-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1518  
Old 01-16-2021, 07:40 AM
jbrown_9999 jbrown_9999 is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2Dokes View Post
You didnít even read Dardos post. Funny you rail all day long against BK, but canít tell incompetence when it is in front of your face. I think it is clear that 1. Hilary would have been better as much as I dislike her. 2. She damn sure would not be go down in history as the equivalent to Jefferson Davis. You want to support a terrorist? Whatís the democratic agenda? See this is false no one makes more money than under democrats. You always vote against your interest, thatís a different thread. Donít take my word for it, Trump: "The economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". At least there is one thing in life he got right.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...-june-2016.pdf

Libertarian, let me guess; no stop signs right?
I read Dardo's post. He seems to suggest that most people who voted for Trump were Trump supporters who were either racist or uninformed. My contention is that most Trump voters did not vote for Trump the candidate as much as they either voted Republican or against Hillary/Biden/Democrats.

I am a fiscal conservative who is environmentally concerned and socially moderate. I also firmly believe that presidents get too much credit/blame for the economy. For example, no matter who won the election, odds are the economy in 2024 will be much better than in 2020 for the sole reason that Covid should be behind us. Biden winning will not be the reason for the economy's recovery but he will be more than willing to take credit for it (just like Trump would have had he won).

I am concerned about tax rates since that impacts me much more than the economy in general. I also believe that governments become more wasteful and inefficient as you go from the local to state to federal level. As a result, I would rather have my tax dollars stay as local as possible and have the federal government be as lean as it can.

Typically I do not vote libertarian but in the past two elections I felt that I could not vote for Hillary, Trump, or Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #1519  
Old 01-16-2021, 01:35 PM
TexasDomer's Avatar
TexasDomer TexasDomer is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,541
Default

There are all kinds of people who vote for all kinds of reasons. Not everyone who voted for Trump once or even twice is a racist or uninformed.

But if you’ve been repeating the lies, you’re uninformed. If you’ve done that and can’t recognize the lies even now, that’s way worse than uninformed.

And if you don’t recognize the consistent white supremacy engendered by the Trump presidency, you’re not paying much attention.

If you vote for him despite that, it still doesn’t make you racist.

But it does indicate you’re willing to support people who are racist. For whatever reason you have. You’ve decided that the hate is OK with you, so long as some other box is also checked.
Reply With Quote
  #1520  
Old 01-16-2021, 03:01 PM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
I read Dardo's post. He seems to suggest that most people who voted for Trump were Trump supporters who were either racist or uninformed. My contention is that most Trump voters did not vote for Trump the candidate as much as they either voted Republican or against Hillary/Biden/Democrats.

I am a fiscal conservative who is environmentally concerned and socially moderate. I also firmly believe that presidents get too much credit/blame for the economy. For example, no matter who won the election, odds are the economy in 2024 will be much better than in 2020 for the sole reason that Covid should be behind us. Biden winning will not be the reason for the economy's recovery but he will be more than willing to take credit for it (just like Trump would have had he won).

I am concerned about tax rates since that impacts me much more than the economy in general. I also believe that governments become more wasteful and inefficient as you go from the local to state to federal level. As a result, I would rather have my tax dollars stay as local as possible and have the federal government be as lean as it can.

Typically I do not vote libertarian but in the past two elections I felt that I could not vote for Hillary, Trump, or Biden.
I am fiscally conservative as well. I see that every republican has put this country in a recession and that every democrat has had a boom (sans Eisenhower). And I don’t see it as too much credit or blame when one side wins all the time. It’s like if BK went 3-9 every season and you were to say that head coaches get too much credit or blame. Meanwhile Saban represents the democrats winning all the time with the economy. Just trying to put it a prospective you would understand. Anyways, this may be a mute argument, pretty sure the Republican Party has been damaged by Trump and can only be saved by Romney, Kaisch etc. the days of hard right are over or at least should be, because it only leads to terrorism/tyrants. We know this in history and now. As Dario and Texas were pointing out, if you still support now, there’s something wrong. I don’t think Dardo was saying they were rall racist as you had interrupted.
Another thing these white nationalist Trump supporters have smashed in our face is that the country is too stupid to be libertarian. Just thought I would add that as well . Libertarian is a pipe dream with our Shiite educational system, which needs govt money so ...:

Last edited by Jim2Dokes; 01-16-2021 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1521  
Old 01-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Jim2Dokes Jim2Dokes is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,395
Default

NRA files bankruptcy https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/busin...xas/index.html

Fox News ratings lower than competition https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance...232700701.html

Trump lowest approval rating ever! (I’ve been saying throughout this thread he will be considered the worst president ever etc)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

Just today’s news.
Reply With Quote
  #1522  
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
PursuitAce's Avatar
PursuitAce PursuitAce is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,316
Default

"People of Rome! Cry out! Quickly run to your neighbors. Tell them .. The night is full of thieves; they have robbed us of our most precious treasures...of our pride, of our glory, of our wisdom, of our honor.
People of Rome! Cry out, "Death is in the air!"
They do not see. They do not hear. Only the jackals who are waiting in the darkness know. Only the vultures who are wheeling in the dark skies know.
Mourn! Mourn for the land that is no more!"
Reply With Quote
  #1523  
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
TexasDomer's Avatar
TexasDomer TexasDomer is online now
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,541
Default

Yeah, not sure what youíre trying to say here or how it relates....
Reply With Quote
  #1524  
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM
jfschellcrna's Avatar
jfschellcrna jfschellcrna is offline
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: coopersburg, pa.
Posts: 15,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
The number of people I would actually enjoy watching a Notre Dame game with on this board is dwindling...
I know you still love me, big boy.......
__________________
"I was in Baghdad before you were in your dad's bag".......Graeme Gow

Too much virtue is gonna hurt you!!

Clarity
The moment when you realize the preseason polls were wrong. Again.

Moderator



ASBC!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Last Updated: January 17, 2021

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.