Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Other ND Sports

Old 02-09-2020, 11:56 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Default ND Makes it Four in a Row at Clemson

ND beats Clemson 61-57 to make it four in a row - now 15-8 overall and 6-6 in the ACC. Right in the thick of it now - making the Tournament is not out of the question like it was in December.

Mooney has 16 and 11. Pflueger had 18, going 4-4 from 3PT, including a huge one with about a minute left to make it a 5 point lead and really put the game away.

Next up: at Virginia on Tuesday.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 02-10-2020, 02:42 AM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
ND beats Clemson 61-57 to make it four in a row - now 15-8 overall and 6-6 in the ACC. Right in the thick of it now - making the Tournament is not out of the question like it was in December.

Mooney has 16 and 11. Pflueger had 18, going 4-4 from 3PT, including a huge one with about a minute left to make it a 5 point lead and really put the game away.

Next up: at Virginia on Tuesday.
What a game by Rex finally he shows some offense. I agree they still have a chance to make the big dance.They have 8 regular season game left and as the announcer said tonight they need some signature wins to get into the Tournament. Virginia would be one, they also have games against Duke and Fl state that would count as signature wins. Now that UNC is back to full strength that would be another nice win even at home. I think they have to win at least 2 of those 4 games. Your thoughts.....
Old 02-10-2020, 02:57 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_JACK View Post
What a game by Rex finally he shows some offense. I agree they still have a chance to make the big dance.They have 8 regular season game left and as the announcer said tonight they need some signature wins to get into the Tournament. Virginia would be one, they also have games against Duke and Fl state that would count as signature wins. Now that UNC is back to full strength that would be another nice win even at home. I think they have to win at least 2 of those 4 games. Your thoughts.....
I agree - they need to beat some teams with a pulse. And a .500-ish record in the ACC won't get it done this year because the conference is down. But I completely agree - a win at UVA or Duke would be huge. I think they should beat UNC. They could also beat FSU at home, which would be nice payback for when they got robbed in Tallahassee.

Feb. 11: at UVA
Feb. 15: at Duke
Feb. 17: UNC
Feb. 23: Miami
Feb. 26: at BC
Feb. 29: at Wake
March 4: FSU
March 7: VTech

They probably need to go 6-2 against this schedule to really have a good shot at making the Tournament, depending on how they do in the ACC Tournament. But if they get to 12-8 in conference, they are probably no worse than the 4 or 5 seed in the ACC. They absolutely have to beat: UNC, Miami, BC, Wake, VTech - they could obviously slip up once, but those are really must wins. Then they just have to go 1-2 against UVA, Duke, and FSU. But they need at least one of those wins. Duke on the road will be really challenging. But I think UVA and FSU are both beatable.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:29 AM
Domer Domain Junior

With that remaining schedule, I don't see them beating Duke, FSU, UVA or UNC (playing much better since they've gotten healthy). I think at best they go 4-4 which would make them 19-12. They may get 1 opening win in the ACC tourney, but not much further since they have no depth.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:27 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
With that remaining schedule, I don't see them beating Duke, FSU, UVA or UNC (playing much better since they've gotten healthy). I think at best they go 4-4 which would make them 19-12. They may get 1 opening win in the ACC tourney, but not much further since they have no depth.
I think the only one they for sure lose is at Duke. The other three, I think ND has a chance. UNC is healthy, true, but it’s still a very flawed team and ND gets them at home. UVA is not the same UVA from the last 3-4 years. The D is still really good, but they have zero offense. If that game was at ND, I’d pick ND to win. I don’t think they’ve won at UVA under Brey (maybe ever, but that seems not possible), so who knows. But I think ND can win that one. FSU is at home and ND nearly/should have beat them the last time but for some poor officiating and Pflueger missing a wide open Mooney under the basket on an inbounds that would have won the game at the buzzer.

I think they’re the four hardest games, no doubt. But I also think only one of them is not winnable. I think ND can go 2-2 against that slate. If they go 1-3, they’d probably need to get to at least the Semifinals of the ACC Tournament to have a chance at the Tournament, and that might not even be enough. As ND Jack said, they need a signature win.