Notre Dame Football News And Talk  


Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-15-2020, 03:49 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Then why has this message board and ND fans alike been saying BK canít win a big game? Because he hasnít until last week. Oklahoma in 2012. A 9-3 LSU team that had a lot of guys not even playing.
USC when Carroll left. Stanford when Harbaughs guys all left.
Again, the point, Michigan has been stagnant just like ND in terms of big wins against quality opponents. Top 10 opponents. Michigan is about two years away from where ND was in 2016. They have a decent defense usually. They just lack top talent at the skill positions and QB. Sound familiar? They would be stupid to dismiss Harbaugh after this season.
The biggest issue is this Michigan team has quit. To me thatís the sign a struggling coach needs to go. Iíll say it again, Harbaugh is a good coach, sometimes things donít work out. He should step down and look to get back to the NFL.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

  #27  
Old 11-15-2020, 04:44 AM
DamshaBua DamshaBua is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Pretty remarkable the paths ND & Michigan have taken since Michigan beat down ND last yr.
Did they throw the ball ten times? I really don't know. It was like the Niners playoff game last year where Garoppolo threw the ball 8 times. That ND game was traumatizing; we watched Michigan run for 11 yards every play.

I hate USC. But I hate Michigan more right now, mostly because of King Khaki.
__________________
S.C.S.B.C.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-15-2020, 11:53 AM
AtLeastMySisWasIrish AtLeastMySisWasIrish is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I wouldn’t mind if he came back to the NFL to coach the Bengals. He’s a good coach, but sometimes things don’t work out.
You DO NOT Want him ruining Joe Burrow's development!

On a side note, as a Badger Grad and forced to endure the awful football of the early "80's nothing could be sweeter, especially now that I live in the land of the scUM A**holes. Badgers have now beaten them 5 out of the last 7 games with the 2 most recent being total beat downs. Walmart should be putting their fan gear on sale following this game as put a fork in them cuz they are done. Part of me wants Coach Crazy Khaki pants to stay but with paying him $7.5MM/yr, can't see how they'll agree to continue to throw good money after bad considering the collapse of a historical program. GO IRISH And ON WISCONSIN!!

Last edited by AtLeastMySisWasIrish; 11-15-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Synoptico Synoptico is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Then why has this message board and ND fans alike been saying BK canít win a big game? Because he hasnít until last week. Oklahoma in 2012. A 9-3 LSU team that had a lot of guys not even playing.
USC when Carroll left. Stanford when Harbaughs guys all left.
Again, the point, Michigan has been stagnant just like ND in terms of big wins against quality opponents. Top 10 opponents. Michigan is about two years away from where ND was in 2016. They have a decent defense usually. They just lack top talent at the skill positions and QB. Sound familiar? They would be stupid to dismiss Harbaugh after this season.
Yeah, but Harbaugh hasnt been winning ANY games, let alone the big one
__________________
Please consider supporting Make A Wish and my fundraising goal.
http://site.wish.org/site/TR/Friends...pwtf1qqgjf0nn1

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-15-2020, 02:45 PM
rocketsurgery rocketsurgery is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Sophomore
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Then why has this message board and ND fans alike been saying BK canít win a big game? Because he hasnít until last week. Oklahoma in 2012. A 9-3 LSU team that had a lot of guys not even playing.
USC when Carroll left. Stanford when Harbaughs guys all left.
Again, the point, Michigan has been stagnant just like ND in terms of big wins against quality opponents. Top 10 opponents. Michigan is about two years away from where ND was in 2016. They have a decent defense usually. They just lack top talent at the skill positions and QB. Sound familiar? They would be stupid to dismiss Harbaugh after this season.
This is more than a stretch. It's a false narrative.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-15-2020, 02:47 PM
ND_JACK ND_JACK is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Syracuse, New York
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamshaBua View Post

I hate USC. But I hate Michigan more right now, mostly because of King Khaki.

I couldnít agree more. I never liked Michigan but once Crazy Khaki took over I really started to hate them.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-15-2020, 04:38 PM
potownhero potownhero is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_JACK View Post
I couldnít agree more. I never liked Michigan but once Crazy Khaki took over I really started to hate them.
#BringBackRichRod
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-15-2020, 04:52 PM
TorontoCroatian TorontoCroatian is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 762
Talking

Michigan losing sustains me.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:38 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
Yeah, but Harbaugh hasnt been winning ANY games, let alone the big one
This year. Heís having a down year. Just like BK did in 2016. Before that heís been pretty consistent at winning 9-10 games and throughout his career.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-15-2020, 05:56 PM
coltssb coltssb is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 4,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsurgery View Post
This is more than a stretch. It's a false narrative.
Call it what you want. I hate defending Michigan as the next guy but Iím not blind. Harbaugh took over a 5-7 Hoke team and went 10-3 the next year stomping Florida in a bowl. Michigan in fact has gone
2015 10-3
2016 10-3 beating too 10 Wisky.
2017 8-5 beating Florida to start the season.
2018 10-3 loss to ND and beat Wisky and Penn St.
2019 9-4 clobbered ND
2020. Obviously down.
Not amazing but not terrible either.
Heís had to resurrect the recruiting and build up the lines along with finding that top QB. Which he still hasnít. As I have mentioned In my previous posts, the Michigan program is very similar to what BK has had to endure during his time here. The only difference between him and BK during their same years coaching at this point during there careers at their schools, is that BK loss more head scratchers where Harbaugh has loss to top competition. Albeit clobbered hilariously by top competition, but not the Tulsa style games. Harbaugh is having his BK moment of 2016. Heís losing to teams and they look disinterested. But Harbaughís record just like BK,s should show you to be weary for the future of Michigan if they keep Harbaugh. Especially, if he ever gets that Andrew Luck style qb. Adding to that. BK has had a litany of terrible qbs during his tenure at ND. So has Harbaugh.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:00 PM
TorontoCroatian TorontoCroatian is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Call it what you want. I hate defending Michigan as the next guy but Iím not blind. Harbaugh took over a 5-7 Hoke team and went 10-3 the next year stomping Florida in a bowl. Michigan in fact has gone
2015 10-3
2016 10-3 beating too 10 Wisky.
2017 8-5 beating Florida to start the season.
2018 10-3 loss to ND and beat Wisky and Penn St.
2019 9-4 clobbered ND
2020. Obviously down.
Not amazing but not terrible either.
Heís had to resurrect the recruiting and build up the lines along with finding that top QB. Which he still hasnít. As I have mentioned In my previous posts, the Michigan program is very similar to what BK has had to endure during his time here. The only difference between him and BK during their same years coaching at this point during there careers at their schools, is that BK loss more head scratchers where Harbaugh has loss to top competition. Albeit clobbered hilariously by top competition, but not the Tulsa style games. Harbaugh is having his BK moment of 2016. Heís losing to teams and they look disinterested. But Harbaughís record just like BK,s should show you to be weary for the future of Michigan if they keep Harbaugh. Especially, if he ever gets that Andrew Luck style qb. Adding to that. BK has had a litany of terrible qbs during his tenure at ND. So has Harbaugh.
One key stat, I think he is 1-6 vs Michigan State and O$U. Getting paid $8M per year, when he was hired, to contemplate such a horrible record against his rivals can't be acceptable for them...even if he is a "michigan man".

Ps his win against us was in a monsoon. If we played them this year even at michigan, I think everyone knows we curb stomp them.

Wait until o$u plays them later on this year, if day wants, they might be able to put up 70 or 80 points with ease.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-15-2020, 06:44 PM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
Campbell or Fickell.
Doubt Fickell, since he has Bucknuts bloodlines, Could see him down the road as Kelly's successor after he retires
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-15-2020, 07:35 PM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
Doubt Fickell, since he has Bucknuts bloodlines, Could see him down the road as Kelly's successor after he retires
I agree itís a tough sell, but Bo coached at OSU too. I donít think Ryan Day is going anywhere and heís not going to be at Cincy much longer.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-16-2020, 12:30 AM
Texham Texham is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoCroatian View Post

Wait until o$u plays them later on this year, if day wants, they might be able to put up 70 or 80 points with ease.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-jim-harbaugh/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-19-2020, 12:07 AM
Jersey Irish's Avatar
Jersey Irish Jersey Irish is offline
Member
Domer Domain Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mine Hill, New Jersey
Posts: 4,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
I believe there are a bunch of recruits in town - including Donovan Edwards - to witness this massacre and the hammering of the final nail in Harbaughís coffin.
That's awesome news. Bring back Brady Hoke, lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-19-2020, 02:21 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

Whatís the all-time win count at now?

We have to be making enormous inroads on it these last few years.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-19-2020, 04:34 AM
ND_JACK ND_JACK is offline
Junior Member
Domer Domain Walk-On
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Syracuse, New York
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Whatís the all-time win count at now?

We have to be making enormous inroads on it these last few years.
ND ( 73.4) 860 - 312 -33 (includes the 21 wins from 2012 and 2013)
MI ( 73.3) 937 - 341 - 35
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

14-0 Rutgers midway through the second
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-22-2020, 02:33 AM
FaithInIrishForever's Avatar
FaithInIrishForever FaithInIrishForever is online now
Moderator
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 9,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
14-0 Rutgers midway through the second
QB change still 17-7 Rutgers at the half
__________________
Moderator


Keep That Fighting Spirit

"Let me see you disrespect me now, when my face is to ya" Lou Holtz


Resident video nerd and DomerDomain MVP since 2011
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-22-2020, 02:55 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

Michigan had 18 yards rushing first half

They have a 5 star rb...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-22-2020, 03:01 AM
ELDER06 ELDER06 is offline
Senior Member
Domer Domain All American
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 5,519
Default

Imagine trying to convince a college football fan in 1998 than in just a little over 20 yrs; Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska, Tennessee, and Florida St would be among the worst teams in college football
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-22-2020, 03:23 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

3rd and 14 and they get a delay of game... lol
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-22-2020, 04:28 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

Some REALLY weird **** in this game

35-35 overtime!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-22-2020, 04:41 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

Both teams missed FGs in OT

Double OT

This is the TOILET BOWL!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 AM
Green Goblin's Avatar
Green Goblin Green Goblin is offline
Member
Domer Domain Junior
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,873
Default

Rutgers with the TD very first play of double OT and Michigan D even knew it was a screen! Lol

Excellent pass. Literally a perfect pass. Anywhere else and its not a TD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Also visit IrishEnvy, our Notre Dame Football partner site

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Last Updated: January 20, 2021

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.