Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Recruiting Board

Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Domer Domain All American

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasIrish View Post
April Class Prediction:

QB - Pyne
RB - Tyree, Murphy
WR - Johnson, Redding, Watts (still feeling out the Henning/McMillan recruitments)
TE - Mayer, Bauman
OL - Baker, Christ, Skoronski (if they have room for 4, than Zinter as well)
Drop - Botelho
SDE - Large (Want to put McGregor, but we know how this stuff usually plays out, I already have likely too many 4/5 stars on this list as is)
DT - Keanaaina, Mills
LB - Simon
CB - Phillips, Kimber, Bartleson (Watts still very much in play)
S - Ransom
ATH - Coleman
I think ND has to have 2 safeties in this class. Unless Brown/Allen both look great in the fall it seems like a must.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big23Head View Post
I think ND has to have 2 safeties in this class. Unless Brown/Allen both look great in the fall it seems like a must.
Bartleson is being looked at as a corner/ safety. If they land those 2 at corner, seems like an easy move to send him to safety
Old 04-15-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Would love to land McDaniel or Story with Ransom.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:52 PM

247: Four-star Jutahn McClain shines at Under Armour All-America Camp

Also...

Unofficial visit, [4/17]:

NJ S Jordan Morant (Offer)

Will be interesting to see what Morant thinks of ND

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-16-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:48 PM

Vegas isn't allowed to make anymore predictions...haha. Tyree is now a solid Oklahoma lean and Kimber committed to UGA...haha welcoming to recruiting

Top247 CB Kimber commits to Georgia (Good article and good for him finding the right place and also continuing to visit places to make sure he was 100%)

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-17-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Vegas isn't allowed to make anymore predictions...haha. Tyree is now a solid Oklahoma lean and Kimber committed to UGA...haha welcoming to recruiting

Have to hope Lance Taylor and Chip Long can convince Tyree to hold off on committing until he makes another return trip to ND.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneun89 View Post
Have to hope Lance Taylor and Chip Long can convince Tyree to hold off on committing until he makes another return trip to ND.
Absolutely. If they do miss on Tyree, I still like the RB options. The OH trio is very good but they will need to land a McClain/Drennen type and get after them quickly. All should be spring/summer announcements and ND doesn't lead but is near the top.

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-17-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

Top247 CB Kimber commits to Georgia (Good article and good for him finding the right place and also continuing to visit places to make sure he was 100%)

Got my hopes up and then this.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Sounds like he may actually have a top 4 of OSU, ND, Cal and Utah. I really like that for ND if true. Clemson and USC could work in, I'd expect Clemson more than USC right now.

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-17-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:42 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

When/what happened with Tyree?

Old 04-17-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synoptico View Post
When/what happened with Tyree?
Visited OU last weekend and it was the perfect visit. Sounds like he may have simply found the place he wants to be.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:16 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Would love to have Tyree, but let's be honest. These type backs almost always end up at Oklahoma or Georgia, almost never at ND. I'll get my hopes up for a 5 star safety before I get my hopes up for a 5 star running back enrolling at ND.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:

Haha 😂 just the way it goes I suppose. Crazy how things change in a single day tbh.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:56 AM

Would imagine the corner board expands with only 2ish realistic targets in Phillips and Bartleson. ND making headway with top safeties as Chris Thompson Jr. and Jordan Morant will both OV as of now.

I wouldn’t expect any new RB offers, at least not right away. ND still in very good shape with the bigger backs (Murphy, Edwards, etc.). McClain is a very good consolation prize if they don’t land Tyree. Someone ND can probably jump in the lead for if they make him a priority.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:45 AM

Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 AM

Just an FYI

Old 04-18-2019, 12:13 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I just noticed that Darius is the son of Eric Snow who played hoops at MSU under Izzo, so he had a strong tie there.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fence View Post
I just noticed that Darius is the son of Eric Snow who played hoops at MSU under Izzo, so he had a strong tie there.
No doubt. ND also saw him more like Moala (aka a rover candidate) than a true safety.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:46 PM

Post spring practice recruiting updates. Right now I like ND to land a top 10 class with an average player rating above 91.

RB (1-2)

VA RB Chris Tyree (Offer): OU leads today. ND gets him back on campus in June but is it a courtesy visit or a true final visit. We will find out soon.
OH RB Michael Drennen II (Offer): ND is in it with OSU. He seems to really like some SEC teams and speaks very highly of them. OSU feels great but are they pushing?
NY RB Tirek Murphy (Offer): ND probably leads. He heads to Oregon and Bama, time will tell as he is in no rush.
OH RB DeaMonte Trayanum (Offer): ND, OSU, Wisconsin. Most feel OSU but I think some are surprised he hasn't committed yet, maybe there is a reason.
OH RB Jutahn McClain (Offer): This is likely the guy the staff goes after quickly if Tyree goes elsewhere. He is deciding this summer now so an OV is needed.
LA RB Kyle Edwards (Offer): I believe he would be Irish if his academics were in full order. He is looking to visit again. Watching him closely...hopefully an OV gets set.

WR (3)

CA WR Jalen McMillan (Offer): Great visit to ND and will return but will he leave the west. Deciding in December.
IL WR AJ Henning (Offer): Appears his decision won't happen for a while. OV most likely this fall.
TX WR Troy Omeire (Offer): Will visit in June but a very hard pull from Texas/A&M. Will commit this summer.
FL WR Michael Redding III (Offer): ND is right at the top but he has slowed things down.
TX WR William Nixon (Offer): ND is a player but he probably stays south. Taking his time with the process.
NE WR Xavier Watts (Offer): Great visit to ND, he is a priority. ND or Nebraska right now.

OL (3)

AZ OL Tosh Baker (Offer): True LT and ND is at the top. Hopefully he visits in June and decides this summer.
CO OL Andrew Gentry (Offer): ND did great on his OV and put themselves in great position. He will take a mission for 2 years then comeback so he is really a 2022 guy. BYU will be the comfortable choice for now.
IL OL Peter Skoronski (Offer): He is returning in June, a decision will likely happen this summer.
MA OL Zak Zinter (Offer): ND is in the top group but I don't think they are pushing super hard right now. Will OV in June.
CO OL Reece Atteberry (Offer): ND or OSU most likely and he should announce this summer. Will OV in June.
VA OL Jimmy Christ (Offer): ND in the top group and should land him IMO. Should visit UVA then announce shortly after.
CA OL Jonah Monheim (Offer): ND will need another visit from him for this to go anywhere. Great kid to stay in touch with for the long run

DL (4-5)

IL DL Rylie Mills (Offer): Visiting OSU soon. An announcement could come anytime after that visit. Should be ND.
MI DL Braiden McGregor (Offer): I still think Michigan lands him.
VA DL Antwaun Powell (Offer): I'm not sure he will visit. He has 3 OVs already set.
CA DL Ben Yurosek (Offer): Does he want DL or TE, that will be a major factor. ND is in it.
IN DL Deontae Craig (Offer): ND and OSU are the favorites. ND is taking their time with him.
MA DL Cameron Large (Offer): Similar to Yurosek, what position does he prefer TE or DL.
MD DL Mitchell Melton (Offer): Probably an OSU guy and down NDs board a little.

LB (1)

NJ LB Cody Simon (Offer): ND in the top group with PSU, UVA, and VT. Does ND take a true LB? I think he will take OVs and work from there.

CB (2-3)

CA CB Clark Phillips III (Offer): ND is right where they need to be. He may decide this summer. ND is doing fantastic recruiting him.
LA CB Eric Reed Jr. (Offer): Must get a visit soon to be in it.
TX CB Ryan Watts (Offer): ND did great on the visit but likely stays south. Going to be a tough pull but should know soon.
KY CB Landen Bartleson (Offer): ND is likely his top team and could land him in the next few months.

S (2)

TX S Chris Thompson, Jr. (Offer): OV set for June. We will see after that.
CA S Lathan Ransom (Offer): He keeps an eye on ND and has said all the right things plus the visit. He has started taking OVs. ND needs to get one to be in this.
NJ S Jordan Morant (Offer): Visited, really liked it and set an OV in June. Can't ask for more, looking much better.
AL S Kristian Story (Offer): Quietly ND is doing great with him and would be a huge pickup. OV this June.
DC S Mordecai McDaniel (Offer): Likely to end up elsewhere, maybe UF.
TX S Christian Gonzalez (Offer): A more behind the scenes recruitment here. He has performed really well at camps. Hopefully he will visit this spring/summer.
VA S Elijah Gaines (Offer): It has been quiet on this front but if ND pushed I think they would have a great shot.
FL S Lovie Jenkins (Offer): ND very much in it and he is trying to set up a visit. Not sure how hard ND is pushing but he feels the love. Good position to be in and will likely take some time to decide.

ATH (?)

NY ATH Cullen Coleman (Offer): ND is in a top group right now. OVs will tell who is at the top.

Last edited by Big23Head; 04-19-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
"It ain't over until it's over" -- Yogi Berra.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Old 04-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
FL S Lovie Jenkins (Offer): ND very much in it and he is trying to set up a visit. Not sure how hard ND is pushing but he feels the love. Good position to be in and will likely take some time to decide.
I like what you did there.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Irish View Post
"It ain't over until it's over" -- Yogi Berra.
In my recruiting experience 100% of the time this is said means it is over lol

Life's a Garden....Dig it....
Old 04-19-2019, 08:57 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Ryan Watts DB is also trending Oklahoma. Phillips and Bartleson are becoming must gets. Especially with 3 corners graduating and Boykin transferring