Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > Open Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 12:26 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Sounds like they have watched one too many Purges, Fight Clubs, and Matrix's. Nothing but a bunch of teenage kids thinking they are fighting the system.
These ppl are in their 20s and 30s. They might be “young” but they’re not kids. This is what happens with a generation of Participation Trophy recipients. They’re losers at life waiting around for a trophy that’s not coming. Instead of looking inwardly at themselves, which is a skill they don’t have, they blame everyone else.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-02-2020, 12:37 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Is there any way Trump gets voted back in after this?
Old 06-02-2020, 02:55 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsan View Post
If the economy is allowed to reopen and its a V bounce I think he'll be hard to beat, and the Dems know it. Biden isn't exciting anyone, and I don't think he will be there come election time as I already mentioned. All these riots etc are gonna push people right not left and history has reflected this.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:08 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
I thought that Hillary was the only candidate that could lose to Trump.

Now when you have Biden saying things such as that someone attacking a police officer with a knife is "unarmed", it does not seem that the Democrats have picked the best candidate for a second time.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
I thought that Hillary was the only candidate that could lose to Trump.

Now when you have Biden saying things such as that someone attacking a police officer with a knife is "unarmed", it does not seem that the Democrats have picked the best candidate for a second time.

I think there's no way Biden debates Trump in a face-to-face scenario. Biden is becoming, at best, senile, and cannot go toe-to-toe in a debate with the orange menace. Biden barely managed to scrape by in the dem debates.

The DNC will insist upon a Zoom debate because, as we've witnessed in the last several days, people are still really really afraid of contracting COVID19 in close quarters.

I suppose debates may not matter though. People have already made up their minds. But I would love, love to see an actual debate, with actual moderators asking tough questions and follow-up questions to both candidates.

If years of congressional investigations, a pandemic, global financial meltdown, and mass rioting can't bring down Trump, maybe he really is the devil.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
I suppose debates may not matter though. People have already made up their minds. But I would love, love to see an actual debate, with actual moderators asking tough questions and follow-up questions to both candidates.
A debate between these two would just be a car crash. Better for all involved to skip it somehow.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
A debate between these two would just be a car crash. Better for all involved to skip it somehow.
Must see t.v. for sure!
Old 06-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

I've grown tired of hearing the protests described as "mostly peaceful".

4 police shot in St. Louis: https://www.kmov.com/news/4-st-louis...4a029a5ac.html Possibly the first time I've read the protests described as 'violent'.

1 policeman shot in the head in Las Vegas: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...ition-2041743/

SUV runs over police in Buffalo : https://www.newsweek.com/police-run-...w-york-1507976

It seems to me the police across the country have been bending over backwards to show restraint. Perhaps they should. But these types of events will ultimately cause police to fire more than tear gas into the crowds.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

There are many organised agitators running amok.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Flanner View Post
I've grown tired of hearing the protests described as "mostly peaceful".

4 police shot in St. Louis: https://www.kmov.com/news/4-st-louis...4a029a5ac.html Possibly the first time I've read the protests described as 'violent'.

1 policeman shot in the head in Las Vegas: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...ition-2041743/

SUV runs over police in Buffalo : https://www.newsweek.com/police-run-...w-york-1507976

It seems to me the police across the country have been bending over backwards to show restraint. Perhaps they should. But these types of events will ultimately cause police to fire more than tear gas into the crowds.
Black lives don’t matter when they’re cops. Funny, when ISIS blows up a bunch of teens at a concert, we’re told not to judge all Muslims. When a false rape allegation comes out, we’re told not all claims are lies. However, when a cop does something bad, they’re all pigs and need to be killed.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemoore97 View Post
If the economy is allowed to reopen and its a V bounce I think he'll be hard to beat, and the Dems know it. Biden isn't exciting anyone, and I don't think he will be there come election time as I already mentioned. All these riots etc are gonna push people right not left and history has reflected this.
I’m really on the fence. The lockdown looks like bs and all of these riots are either pushing ppl silently away from or towards him. I have to think when the ppl of Minnesota see the Dems supporting the ppl burning Minneapolis to the ground, they might be inclined to vote red.

As always it’s going to be the Midwest (OH, IA, MI, PA, WI, MN) that determines the election. And we’re Conservative by nature, we don’t like public destruction of property, we’re not inflicted with the White Guilt syndrome of ppl on the coasts.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDER06 View Post
I’m really on the fence. The lockdown looks like bs and all of these riots are either pushing ppl silently away from or towards him. I have to think when the ppl of Minnesota see the Dems supporting the ppl burning Minneapolis to the ground, they might be inclined to vote red.

As always it’s going to be the Midwest (OH, IA, MI, PA, WI, MN) that determines the election. And we’re Conservative by nature, we don’t like public destruction of property, we’re not inflicted with the White Guilt syndrome of ppl on the coasts.
I will say when you have a man that has not been proactive in stopping “anything,” I wonder what people will really vote. Tucker Carlson even blasted Trump for allowing citizens to be scared in there homes not being more form. Hiding in your bunker doesn’t look gods for the guy who tries to build his reputation as being a “tough guy.”
Regardless, I trust Biden more than Trump on this key issue. When things go bad, Biden will have the right people in office that can make decisions based on what’s best for the country and that particular time. It seems with Trump every thing has to be run by him first and then he’ll cut your throat if it doesn’t go right or isn’t what he wants. Nobody wants to get run over by the bus repeatedly. Biden will be too senile to do any of that. At least that’s my thought...
Also, Americans have to feel Trump did poorly against the Pandemic and now these riots. What happens when a true threat, Russia, NK, China, Iran decide to drop a few bombs on a US tanker? The man lacks compassion and understanding of many situations that are happening daily.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
I will say when you have a man that has not been proactive in stopping “anything,” I wonder what people will really vote. Tucker Carlson even blasted Trump for allowing citizens to be scared in there homes not being more form. Hiding in your bunker doesn’t look gods for the guy who tries to build his reputation as being a “tough guy.”
Regardless, I trust Biden more than Trump on this key issue. When things go bad, Biden will have the right people in office that can make decisions based on what’s best for the country and that particular time. It seems with Trump every thing has to be run by him first and then he’ll cut your throat if it doesn’t go right or isn’t what he wants. Nobody wants to get run over by the bus repeatedly. Biden will be too senile to do any of that. At least that’s my thought...
Also, Americans have to feel Trump did poorly against the Pandemic and now these riots. What happens when a true threat, Russia, NK, China, Iran decide to drop a few bombs on a US tanker? The man lacks compassion and understanding of many situations that are happening daily.
But how are you going to vote for a side that thinks your city getting burned down is no big deal? Trump is sending in the military now and ppl are calling him a dictator, it’s a no win situation.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko View Post
There are many organised agitators running amok.
Again, they’re the problem. They have no respect for anyone or anything.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
But how are you going to vote for a side that thinks your city getting burned down is no big deal? Trump is sending in the military now and ppl are calling him a dictator, it’s a no win situation.
It’s about him having to make three errors just to get the final one right-continuously. And when my family’s life is at stake(twice) and he’s failed both times, there’s no more to see. He proven to me that he can’t handle the big situation. He’s the Charlie Weis of presidency. All flare and very little to show for it but a few 10 win seasons.(economy). Not enough to keep him on board.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:52 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
It’s about him having to make three errors just to get the final one right-continuously. And when my family’s life is at stake(twice) and he’s failed both times, there’s no more to see. He proven to me that he can’t handle the big situation. He’s the Charlie Weis of presidency. All flare and very little to show for it but a few 10 win seasons.(economy). Not enough to keep him on board.
Did he start the riots or virus? No. And again, no matter what he does or doesn’t do, the Left will slam him. If he sends in the military to quell the riots he’s a dictator, if he doesn’t then he’s not taking action.

Trump is right about one thing, there is a silent majority. Social media, particularly twitter doesn’t decided elections.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Did he start the riots or virus? No. And again, no matter what he does or doesn’t do, the Left will slam him. If he sends in the military to quell the riots he’s a dictator, if he doesn’t then he’s not taking action.

Trump is right about one thing, there is a silent majority. Social media, particularly twitter doesn’t decided elections.
Correct. But a leader is judged by how he handled things that are out of his control. Which he gets a F in my book. I’m fine with the military backing. You got to do what you have to do to quell violence. It was his handling “prior” to it that I have a problem with. When a guy is a hammer and all he sees is nails, that’s where the issue lies. He has no diplomacy or eloquence to his speaking. He railed on Obama when the Ferguson riots happened. He railed on him on his approach. Well Nostradamus has had the same thing happen to me. Look at the two outcomes. Ten times worst than when Obama was in office. Probably because Trump instantly took the police’s side without watching a video. Instantly decried protestors and instantly said he will bring violence with violence. That sure brought calmness to an already Unrestful crowd.
The man should simply get off of twitter and govern. Let his actions speak for his words. But they won’t nor will he stop being on Twitter
Old 06-02-2020, 11:44 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:

Would love to hear your take on yesterday’s photo op at the church...
Old 06-03-2020, 12:27 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
I wasn’t paying attention. I’m not a diehard Trumper, but I mostly vote Republican so I’ll support him. That’s what you guys don’t get, support is not the same as loyalty.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:28 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Also, where’s BLM for this? This is why the movt loses credibility, not athletes or celebrities tweeting about him

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...357927936?s=21
Old 06-03-2020, 12:29 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Also, where’s BLM for this? This is why the movt loses credibility, not athletes or celebrities tweeting over David Dorn

https://twitter.com/nateonthehill/st...918483968?s=21
Old 06-04-2020, 12:14 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Now that we know the reports of tear gas and rubber bullets were truly fake news, what’s your take?
Old 06-04-2020, 12:31 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

This is the head of NYC’s Public Health Committee. Who the hell can you actually trust and why hasn’t this guy been fired?

https://twitter.com/marklevinenyc/st...468559360?s=21
Old 06-04-2020, 12:33 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Persona-non-grata...
Old 06-04-2020, 12:51 AM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Gruene View Post
Now that we know the reports of tear gas and rubber bullets were truly fake news, what’s your take?
Lest we also forget the weapon caches stashed away...