Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

Default Athlon top 25

Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
Michigan
OSU
Oklahoma
LSU
Florida
Notre Dame #9
Texas AM
Texas
Washington
Utah
Penn state
Oregon
Michigan State
Nebraska
iowa
Wisconsin
Auburn
Syracuse
UCF
Missouri
Iowa State
Virginia

Interesting to me NO Stanford No USC

No Louisville

Virginia may be good

They expect the battle between Mack and Wimbush for the UCF QB spot will go late into the summer

What are the ODDS that we can win ONE of those away games at Michigan and Georgia ?...Ö.

Probably not 50/50 maybe 35% shot at one 5% we win both 60/40 we win neither.....

Football a summer away!

aloha

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Domer Domain All American

Kills me they keep ranking Michigan so highly when they keep playing average football and crapping the bed for the level of talent they have.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Seems to me they went the easy way out. Michigan should be good. So will tOSU. LSU might finally turn the corner. Oklahomaís defense continues to get worst but erratic passing of Hurts wonít hurt them. Guaranteed Michigan st gets one or both Michigan and tOSU. The same goes for Penn St. Texas will beat Oklahoma this year. LSU is a farce. Florida.....

I would had agreed with something like
Clemson
Bama
Georgia(which I think will slip up twice this year)
tOSU or ND.
Then everyone else.
Oh well, something g to talk about.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Obviously biased, but I don't get the Michigan hype either - they are consistently being ranked in the Top 5. They lost almost their entire defense. Their offense should be good, though, especially with Josh Gattis as the new offensive coordinator. Shea Patterson is good (although I think his hype is overblown as well), they have some good receivers (Peoples-Jones and Black), and they will probably have the best OL in the Big Ten. But Harbaugh has not been able to beat elite teams the last few years. I think they are a borderline Top 10 team at the very best.

ND is probably a Top 10 team. The offense should be outstanding (if the OL improves and Armstrong can stay healthy), but linebacker and cornerback are a huge concern.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Notre Dame
8. Florida
9. Washington
10. Michigan

I think ND has a 5%-10% chance to win at UGA, and probably a 49% chance to win at Michigan (4 straight losses, last win in '05). ND should beat Stanford in Palo Alto for the first time since 2007, but I said that two years ago and two years before that...

Virginia will be tricky because they are a legit Top 25 team and ND will be coming off a huge game at UGA. Virginia Tech will also be a challenge after Michigan. I actually think Boston College might be the toughest home game outside of USC - senior day a week after Navy, yikes.

The schedule is not daunting, but it is tricky with probably the three hardest games all being on the road and some tough home games mixed in. Right now, I'd say ND is looking at 9-3/10-2. If Julian Love was back and we had better experience at LB, I'd probably say 10-2/11-1.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Looking forward to Shea Patterson launching his Heisman campaign against the Irish and then being mediocre to bad for the remainder of the season, as per Michigan QB tradition.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
Seems to me they went the easy way out. Michigan should be good. So will tOSU. LSU might finally turn the corner. Oklahomaís defense continues to get worst but erratic passing of Hurts wonít hurt them. Guaranteed Michigan st gets one or both Michigan and tOSU. The same goes for Penn St. Texas will beat Oklahoma this year. LSU is a farce. Florida.....

I would had agreed with something like
Clemson
Bama
Georgia(which I think will slip up twice this year)
tOSU or ND.
Then everyone else.
Oh well, something g to talk about.
Oklahoma finally has a good DC (Alex Grinch formerly at Ohio St and Wash St) so I actually look for them to really improve on defense.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 PM

I would definitely have UF ahead of LSU. Better coaching...and UF gets talent. LSUís coaching is average.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Tenured
Domer Domain Legend

This will be a big year for Riley. He had the best QB in the nation the last two seasons. Is that because of him or them? Hurts will test that. Need to be accurate in that offense. Hurt's is a career 60% passer where he had a huge running game to work off of. Murray and Mayfield were 70% guys.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:42 AM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown_9999 View Post
Oklahoma finally has a good DC (Alex Grinch formerly at Ohio St and Wash St) so I actually look for them to really improve on defense.
As we have seen first hand, it takes at least a season to recover from three years of worst defense they have probably ever seen. Also, I think Rileyís offense will keep his defense out there more than they like. I donít trust them this year.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:38 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregame View Post
Looking forward to Shea Patterson launching his Heisman campaign against the Irish and then being mediocre to bad for the remainder of the season, as per Michigan QB tradition.
If last year was any indication, itíll be Dylan McCaffrey launching his Heisman campaign.

As long as our DBís are now coached to TURN THE **** AROUND, we should be ok.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Michigan lost so many good players. Their offense still stinks. Not sure why they are ranked so high. I think we can get it done in Ann Arbor this year.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
Michigan lost so many good players. Their offense still stinks. Not sure why they are ranked so high. I think we can get it done in Ann Arbor this year.
They lost one of their returning running backs too. If Book goes something like 17-32, 240 yds, 2-0 tds to interceptions, I think ND wins by 7. ND just has to play smart turnover free football. ND has more talent imo to play it safe and still win.

Georgia will be tough but I think ND will be up for that game.
THAT BC game will be our trickiest game of the year. Why schedule them after Navy when BC is turning the corner is beyond me.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson'sDred15 View Post
They lost a lot on defense. They will have a strong oline, Patterson, and very good receivers. Also their new o-coordinator is highly regarded. They will be a formidable challenge in a game that should be more high scoring than last season.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:09 AM
Domer Domain Freshman

Wow! They were only able to get 7 teams from the SEC into the top 25. Must be a down year for hype.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckp160 View Post
Wow! They were only able to get 7 teams from the SEC into the top 25. Must be a down year for hype.
I hardly think itís hype.