Notre Dame Football News And Talk  

Come check out the news feed! DD Front Page

Go Back   Notre Dame Football News And Talk > Message Board > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Default 2013 - 2014 Bowl Projections

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ions-5440.html

Dec. 28 Pinstripe (New York City): *Notre Dame (Big 12 No. 7) vs. Rutgers (AAC No. 4)

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Domer Domain All American

A loss will immediately put us in the Pinstripe bowl. But to assume Rutgers is going to finish fourth is laughable. My money is on Cincinnati or Houston. Both have interesting storylines...(The games, not so much)
Old 10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

The "4" does not necessarily mean where the team finishes in the league, but rather that bowl gets the 4th choice from that league. Pinstripe Bowl in New York would probably pick a local team (Rutgers) even if another team has a better finish in the league.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Domer Domain Junior

I'd love the Pinstripe Bowl if this team doesn't go BCS.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

So if we are a replacement team for a conference that doesn't have enough eligible teams, do the bowls have to pick all the teams from the conference that are eligible before they can pick ND? So would we automatically be in the worst bowl game for that conference?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH812 View Post
So if we are a replacement team for a conference that doesn't have enough eligible teams, do the bowls have to pick all the teams from the conference that are eligible before they can pick ND? So would we automatically be in the worst bowl game for that conference?
I'm not 100% sure that I'm reading your question correctly, but every bowl would have to honor their contractual commitments to bowl eligible teams in the conferences they have deals with. If, however, the conference can't honor their side because they either don't have enough bowl eligible teams, or the team turns down the bowl invite (very unlikely), then the bowls are filling their open spot via (essentially) a free agency process, which is where ND would then come into play.

By nature, it does mean that ND would only get an invite to the lesser bowls, yes.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy773 View Post
I'm not 100% sure that I'm reading your question correctly, but every bowl would have to honor their contractual commitments to bowl eligible teams in the conferences they have deals with. If, however, the conference can't honor their side because they either don't have enough bowl eligible teams, or the team turns down the bowl invite (very unlikely), then the bowls are filling their open spot via (essentially) a free agency process, which is where ND would then come into play.

By nature, it does mean that ND would only get an invite to the lesser bowls, yes.
Thanks, yeah that answers it. I honestly feel like we would beat 4 of the projected BCS teams(UCF, Fresno, Wisconsin, Missouri). Hopefully we win out and give the bowl committees an opportunity to take us.

On a side note I really hate that our tie-in BCS game after this year is the Orange bowl playing an ACC team. We are already almost in their conference and I don't like the possibility of playing the same team twice in the same season.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, yeah that answers it. I honestly feel like we would beat 4 of the projected BCS teams(UCF, Fresno, Wisconsin, Missouri). Hopefully we win out and give the bowl committees an opportunity to take us.

On a side note I really hate that our tie-in BCS game after this year is the Orange bowl playing an ACC team. We are already almost in their conference and I don't like the possibility of playing the same team twice in the same season.
Don't think we'd be playing an ACC team in the Orange, could be wrong.

would love to get back to a Cotton Bowl, seemed to really do well there and it's just a notch down from the BCS.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post
My money is on Cincinnati or Houston. Both have interesting storylines...(The games, not so much)
Houston, put Russell on Dingleberry. Would really enjoy that.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
Don't think we'd be playing an ACC team in the Orange, could be wrong.

would love to get back to a Cotton Bowl, seemed to really do well there and it's just a notch down from the BCS.
http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-f...cc-arrangement

We'd end up playing ACC team

Quote:
The highest-ranked available team from Notre Dame, the Big Ten team or the SEC will face the ACC champion in the Orange Bowl starting Jan. 1, 2015. The Big Ten and SEC teams must appear at least three times each during the 12-year life of the deal, while Notre Dame can appear in the game a maximum of only two times. There is no minimum number of requirements by Notre Dame.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
Houston, put Russell on Dingleberry. Would really enjoy that.
I think dingleberry would light Russell up, he's just been killing it down in Houston.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruss View Post
I think dingleberry would light Russell up, he's just been killing it down in Houston.
not sure dingleberry plays against the best.

I also really like what Russell is doing out there, especially laying to wood to end the SC game.

I like this kid, it would be like putting yin on yang, they seem to be polar opposites.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Domer Domain Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruss View Post
Dingleberry is talented, but he has also been playing against 2* corners in an Air Raid offense... That is the reason why he went there, is to pad his stats to make him more "stat sexy" to NFL scouts.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Russel IMO looks worse than last year at least in coverage, but his tackling hasn't been bad. Though, you can't say he's doing great because he had 1 good game against USC.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratey View Post
Not until 2015. We wouldn't play an ACC team in the Orange this January.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Domer Domain Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKellyTheMan View Post
Russel IMO looks worse than last year at least in coverage, but his tackling hasn't been bad. Though, you can't say he's doing great because he had 1 good game against USC.
Seriously? Russell has been the most impressive player defensively, if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:

Ah, good. Happy to be able to help for once.