Thread: Guns
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
Kudos to you for being a law abiding citizen but you are an outlier unfortunately. There's needs to be stricter background checks meaning training, tests and mental health assessments before you can buy one. No one needs an ar-15 either unless your going to war.

Go look at the stats I posted and try to argue those.
No one needs a Porsche unless they're taking it to a track, either...

I'm not going to argue stats as my rights are outlined in the constitution and current law. Don't like it, change them.

I agree with more strict background checks, I have no issue with that at all. I have no issue with training, but that will ruffle the feathers of quite a few people. Mental health assessments are touchy as well. I mean, if you've been confined to a mental health facility I know you can't get a concealed carry permit...not sure about purchasing a gun, though.

People that want to commit crimes with a firearm will find a way to acquire it whether you have all of these things in place or not...but I think it's a good start. Upholding the laws that are currently on the books and stricter sentences for gun violence would help just as much, if not more.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!