View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 12:15 AM
Domer Domain Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndomer4 View Post
I can only think of one or two positions/coaching where we have the advantage.

I’m going to guess our defensive backfield based on our stats, however it’s too early to tell and I haven’t watched enough of Georgia.

The second would be our receivers and if someone said that two weeks ago I’d think they were nuts. Granted I haven’t seen enough of the Georgia receivers but I’m going to assume Claypool/McKinley are better than their 1 and 2.

I give a clear edge to Georgia in every other category. Plus their home field advantage does not help matters.

This goes one of two ways, FSU 2014 or ASU 2014.
QB: UGA
RB: UGA
OL: UGA
WR/TE: ND
DL: ND
LB: UGA
DB: ND
ST: UGA
Coach: ND

Admittedly, I haven't watched much of Georgia either, just highlights and looking at the box scores, but I have been on some of their sites this week. It seems like they are weakest at DL and LB. WR was a question mark coming into the season, but it seems like they have some really talented players, including two true freshman.

I give ND the edge at WR/TE based on experience, Kmet being back (and hopefully close to 100%), and Claypool looking like a monster through two games. ND's DE group is one of the best in the country, and even though I don't think Hinish is a Top 10 DT (probably not even Top 25), I like Okwara, Kareem, and MTA, with Hayes and Ogundeji coming off the bench. DB is probably a toss up, but you have to like ND's group that includes two captains at safety, a lock down corner in Pride, and a 5-star in Hamilton.

Some on this site won't admit it, but ND also has the coaching edge. BK and Long and Lea have been great together for 2+ seasons so far. Kirby has won bigger games (SEC Title and Rose Bowl in 2017), but he has laid some eggs as well in big moments (SEC Title and a 20-point loss to LSU in 2018 ), not that ND hasn't done the same under BK.

Hopefully the lessons learned from Miami 2017 help ND start out strong. If they get down 14-0 in the 1st Quarter (or really at any point), then it's game over. If they can hold on and keep it close, then game on.

For some reason, I have a lot of confidence in Book. I think he has some confidence back after taking some shots down the field and having success against New Mexico. He has also been a real asset running the ball. ND is going to need some luck and one or two really big, momentum-shifting plays to make this a game and have a chance to win. Maybe I am too optimistic, but I think ND has more of a chance than everyone thinks.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!