View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Domer Domain All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
I’ll just throw this whole thread off tracks...sorry. But who made anyone GOD? Don’t want abortions, yet want death penalty’s. Life is life, right?
That's an oversimplification of the issue. For the pro-life folks, abortion is about the right to the opportunity of life. Death penalty, however, is about accountability and deterrence - you have proven that you cannot function reasonably in our society and there are consequences. The executioner is not the one who killed you - you killed yourself. I don't think the reasons you get the death penalty are so far out there that you'd say, yes, I want that person to live next door to me. The convicted knew the rules, violated them, and knew or should have known that the consequence is death for doing something for which there is no excuse. ABSOLUTELY no excuse.

For a kid in the womb, they haven't had that opportunity, yet. The pro-life folks simply argue that the child should get its chance. Re: death penalty, I'll pull that f'ing trigger all day long and have a clear conscience knowing that you signed your death warrant, not me.

Last edited by irishwavend; 02-05-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!