View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 06:45 AM
Administrator
Domer Domain Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssb View Post
I think that’s just it. You don’t have to be a sociopath with no emotion under Kelly to succeed. I think you need the exact opposite. I think you need that Brett Farve slingers mentality. I had a coach just like this in high school baseball. Great coach but beat you down where all the players played scared. Not this guy. Exact opposite and we butted heads for three years. Guess who he trusted the most when the game was on the line. You got it...this guy. Loose and free and trusting yourself is the only way to play. Confidence helps. As I said in the chat, Kelly was indeed right at the end of the game.l when talking about Book. I could tell exactly what he was saying. “Book needs to trust in himself, not try to do too much every play. Trust in his abilities and so on.” This to me is the first time I could actually see Kelly changing his coaching right in front of me. I loved it when he got in his face on the sidelines. It was brief. It was to tell him to play his game. That’s all Book needs to do. Go out there and fling it and he’ll be fine.
Frankly, I would like for Kelly and Long to get him confidence by rolling him out on the run. Have a few play tricks up your sleeve to have him having fun. Double reverse with him catching a touchdown. Book is a guy who would thrive off this.
I was thinking more along the lines of a disassociative disorder. Or the ability to not be affected by emotion--to remove yourself from it. Rees had the demeanor to not let Kelly get in his head all the time and it was natural for him. Hoping Ian can resort to this. Otherwise, his wild flinging will be off due to "trying to do to much", which simply means he knows Kelly's high expectations regardless of his calmer approach. It eventually comes out during gametime. He can't hold it inside forever. lol. And personally, I like Kelly. He's brought ND back a couple notches. But I'm just being honest. Instead of playing like you're scared of your coach, I would love to get back to the days of playing FOR your coach. Even Holtz, who would yell and pull facemarks, had his players fighting for him for most of his tenure.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!