Notre Dame Football News And Talk

Notre Dame Football News And Talk (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kliff Kingsbury Out as USC OC (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53923)

Pregame 01-07-2019 09:04 PM

Kliff Kingsbury Out as USC OC

Multiple national sources on Twitter claiming that Kliff has resigned his post at USC.

PJackson'sDred15 01-07-2019 09:11 PM

LMAO

Great Job 'SC

tneun89 01-07-2019 09:35 PM

Good for ND.

That being said, I can't believe this guy is such a hot commodity. Yes, he is a great offensive mind who developed Mahomes, but his best season at Texas Tech was 8-5 in 2013 (his first season). He hasn't even finished a season .500 or better since 2015 when he went 7-6. I get that it's tough to win at Tech, but come on... But I guess he is perfect for the Jets.

coltssb 01-07-2019 09:36 PM

Shouldn’t had blocked him. There was no guarantee that he was going to get picked up by an NFL team anyways. I’m sure after he heard teams were told they couldn’t talk to him he said bye.

Jersey Irish 01-08-2019 01:40 AM

Maybe those two 5- star WR who just committed to U$C at the HAS All America Bowl will back off their pledges now

ELDER06 01-08-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tneun89 (Post 720400)
Good for ND.

That being said, I can't believe this guy is such a hot commodity. Yes, he is a great offensive mind who developed Mahomes, but his best season at Texas Tech was 8-5 in 2013 (his first season). He hasn't even finished a season .500 or better since 2015 when he went 7-6. I get that it's tough to win at Tech, but come on... But I guess he is perfect for the Jets.

I don’t get it at all. I know it’s not easy to win at TT, but Leach was vastly more successful. But oh well, if it’s bad for SC I’m cool with it.

Irish Chris 01-08-2019 02:17 AM

Oh man I wish you guys could hear all these poor SOBs out here crying about this!!! LOL

The same jackasses that were all saying this is nothing and he isn't going anywhere when the rumors started flying last week!

What sucks is they got two 5 star commits over the weekend to help take out the sting. :(

JTennant 01-08-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Chris (Post 720420)
Oh man I wish you guys could hear all these poor SOBs out here crying about this!!! LOL

The same jackasses that were all saying this is nothing and he isn't going anywhere when the rumors started flying last week!

What sucks is they got two 5 star commits over the weekend to help take out the sting. :(

nA; effed up.

AtLeastMySisWasIrish 01-08-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Chris (Post 720420)

Is it confirmed though? I read SC may have changed their mind and allowed him to interview but kept him under contract in order not to lose him in the event he didn't get a job. Just curious as I thought he could quickly improve SC's offense which obviously didn't bode well for us. Thanks and GO IRISH!

coltssb 01-08-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLeastMySisWasIrish (Post 720554)
Is it confirmed though? I read SC may have changed their mind and allowed him to interview but kept him under contract in order not to lose him in the event he didn't get a job. Just curious as I thought he could quickly improve SC's offense which obviously didn't bode well for us. Thanks and GO IRISH!

They’d be smart to play it that way. I know Arizona Cardinals are hot for him right now. It’s been talked about a lot on the radio here. He may be gone one or the other at this point.

JTennant 01-08-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltssb (Post 720572)
They’d be smart to play it that way. I know Arizona Cardinals are hot for him right now. It’s been talked about a lot on the radio here. He may be gone one or the other at this point.

I think that's already a done deal.. I guess he must have aced the interviews. Teams are desperately trying to find the next sean mcvay

jon33dn 01-08-2019 10:36 PM

terrible look to hold your assistant coaches back.

TexasDomer 01-08-2019 11:53 PM

Cardinals it is.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...year-contract/

ELDER06 01-09-2019 12:17 AM

This will not end well.

Jersey Irish 01-09-2019 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDomer (Post 720610)

And he is taking the USC RB coach with him. haha!

dangeruss 01-09-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasDomer (Post 720610)
Cardinals it is.

im glad he's not going to be at usc. i'll be very interested to see how his offense works in the nfl.

VCDomer 01-10-2019 12:18 AM

I really feel bad for them....lol
However, it's kinda a crappy move on his part for ever taking the position. Swan looks like an idiot. There is gonna be a lot of bad blood and water under that bridge. He better never consider coming back to the college ranks