Notre Dame Football News And Talk

Notre Dame Football News And Talk (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recruiting Board (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Prosise & Rivals (http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35302)

yikityyakirish 08-04-2011 12:50 PM

Prosise & Rivals

ESPN has him as the Number 20 S just on the edge of recieving a 4*
Scout has him as a 4* number 14 S I believe
and Rivals has him as an unranked 3* and the 22nd best player in VA

After watching this guy play in 7 on 7's i believe this guys stock is going to go way up....for a DB these 7 on 7's are a great way to see how good they are and this guy just keeps on suprising me...his game film doesn't look great but i believe this guy has all the tools to be our next great safety.

what makes him so appealing to ESPN and Scout and not so appealing to Rivals anyone have an opinion on the player somewhat opposite of mine...i trully believe that this guy will be our recruiting underdog of this class (If they dont move him higher later in the year i.e. ben councell) With good coaching this guy will be a legit DB for our secondary

What's everyones opinion on this player???

brian_nd88 08-04-2011 01:33 PM

is it possible that the rival folks havent fully evaluated him yet?

regardless, if he has a really good senior year, i figure he will rise in ranking by the various recruiting sites.

mwinely 08-04-2011 01:42 PM

Scout has updated their rankings already. They moved him from a 3 to a 4 star - he was one of the high risers based upon summer performance. My guess is that when Rivals re-ranks based upon summer performances, then you will see his stock go up with them as well.

phony 08-04-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yikityyakirish (Post 357693)
ESPN has him as the Number 20 S just on the edge of recieving a 4*
Scout has him as a 4* number 14 S I believe
and Rivals has him as an unranked 3* and the 22nd best player in VA

After watching this guy play in 7 on 7's i believe this guys stock is going to go way up....for a DB these 7 on 7's are a great way to see how good they are and this guy just keeps on suprising me...his game film doesn't look great but i believe this guy has all the tools to be our next great safety.

what makes him so appealing to ESPN and Scout and not so appealing to Rivals anyone have an opinion on the player somewhat opposite of mine...i trully believe that this guy will be our recruiting underdog of this class (If they dont move him higher later in the year i.e. ben councell) With good coaching this guy will be a legit DB for our secondary

What's everyones opinion on this player???

I disagree with you about his game film.

When I watched his film, I saw a player whose incredible size and range were overshadowed only by his elite ball skills. Prosise consistently comes downhill at the ball (meaning he’s in excellent position most of the time) and displays the instincts and athleticism to consistently make plays on the football while it's at its highest point. Additionally, his body control is exceptional. This allows him to land on his feet and get up-field quickly once he comes down with the football. And the kid doesn’t shy away from contact, either.

In short, this kid has the skillset to be the ball-hawking safety Notre Dame has been missing since . . . forever . . .

NDinVA 08-04-2011 10:36 PM

Prosise's game film is quite similar to (if not better than) Jarrod Wilson's. That is all. Tremendous ball skills, need to get a bit bigger, has adequate speed. I'm very content with him as a player.

a1ND 08-05-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDinVA (Post 357847)
Prosise's game film is quite similar to (if not better than) Jarrod Wilson's. That is all. Tremendous ball skills, need to get a bit bigger, has adequate speed. I'm very content with him as a player.

is now 6'2 and 200 lbs and ran a sub 11 sec 100m (during a track meet so it's legit)...he's gotten a lot bigger and faster this offseason